uhh...

Deadlock

I get that a few people may think that I have been using cheats during the time i've played, and I can understand that my playstyle can add to that, but let me tell you something...

I. DO. NOT. CHEAT.

Nor have I ever cheated in any competitive multiplayer games. In fact I hate cheaters. I play with them all the time in csgo, and if I had the power I would ban them instantly when I see them, but even if I did I would still allow them to make a case for themselves and allow them to argue that they do not cheat. Me on the other hand,I was given nothing. I was not told what kind of cheats that people accused me of using, I was not able to see exactly what "evidence" you had on me to rightfully accuse me of cheating, and instead of asking me if I cheat you decided to just ban me and give me two responses stating only that you thought I cheated, and that you "discussed it over" and still thought I cheated and ended the discussion of the matter at that. Now I play A LOT of first-person shooter games. I've also played several hours of l4d2, over 2500 to be exact. That is a lot of experience for one game. and I'd bet that about half of those hours are from playing on gc, thats still over 1000 hours playing on one server, playing with all the same people, doing all the same maps and attacks. Now I'm the type of person that can notice patterns quickly and figure out the kind of playstyle that other players have. So when I see who I'm playing against I have a pretty good idea of what type of attack they are going to do and where they are going to do it. Now you can argue that this sounds a lot like someone who uses walls, but its not. A majority of people who play usually have several spots on each map that they are comfortable with attacking from and they know that they work because they have used them many times, so its very understandable that they are going to keep attacking from that spot because it works. So when I play I anticipate attacks from places because I've seen them used countless times and I know who used them. But I don't just stand in one spot waiting for someone to attack from a certain area. I anticipate attacks from everywhere. I constantly look around searching for an SI that is coming in to attack. But maybe you don't think that I am wall hacking, maybe you think think i'm aimbotting. Well i'm sorry but i'm not, I really am that good at aiming sometimes. I have my off days like everyone else, but some days I'm just on and I can aim like a csgo pro. Like I said, I've played A LOT of FPS games. One of which is counter strike. I have quite a few hours of counter strike and anybody who has played csgo knows that it is widely based on aim and angles. When you play csgo for a while you learn all the different angles people use and if you've ever watched a person stream the game or if you've seen any professional games then you'll notice that players tend to flick their crosshair around to each spot because they've either been killed there before or they saw someone else get killed from there before so they anticipate it and check it to make sure its clear. Well that's how I like to play. If you've spectated me in game you've probably noticed I like to flick around checking several places while I move around. Well that's not because I cheat. It's because I've got countless hours playing games like that where you check one spot and see that its clear only to get hit from there the second you look away. I have never cheated before in a competitive game and I never will cheat. I actually like to gain skill by actually playing the game. In fact i usually take complaints about me cheating as compliments. Now I hope you take the time to read this and use this to reconsider permanently banning me. And if you'd like, I can stream myself playing the game to show you that I do not use cheats, although my stream may not be the best quality as well as my performance may not be the best considering my computer isn't built to stream and play games. But I am willing to show that I am innocent of these offenses. Have a good day!

Edited by Deadlock
  • Like 1

I have been unable to play much lately and have also been unable to devote much time to GC issues.  I did not look carefully at the evidence in this situation, yet.  I can tell you, the admins and board members that looked at this are mostly convinced there is proof you are using some type of cheat.  I will look at it all more closely this weekend and get back to you as well. 

Hi Deadlock,

We are having ongoing discussions about this internally and reviewing demos and proof. A demo was recently shared that to me shows 2 instances characteristic of cheating. At this point it's not a matter of you proving you are good, I have no doubt that you are a talented player. It is more a question of does the demo prove you are using assistance on our servers.

It is more a question of does the demo prove you are using assistance on our servers.

Sorry to jump in, but wouldn't it make more sense to do that before banning someone? Does innocent until proven guilty apply here?

Probably not supposed to post on here, and you can delete this if you want.. just thought it needed to be said. 

Happy Friday 

• Like 1

Good point. at this point its more a question of did we make a mistake. The demo had a couple blatant things which triggered the ban. Now we are combing through it to make sure it's not just a fluke that can be explained

Alas I have arrived... 

Thug,  you are not entitled to the demos.  We are using tools we want to keep hush.  Remember, its a privilege to play here.  

Such hostility I sense from you padawan. Remember young Skywalker, such feeling are but the path to the Dark side... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyKN45KpLs

I don't feel like anyone has pushed a sense of entitlement on the topic viewing demos... The request has been more of an appeal towards common courtesy. I feel deadlock and others (being people that are appealing in his favor, and those that are glad he's banned want to see him cheating in action) just want to see the raw video of the accused/and convicted caught cheating.. Just a normal video like what the Johnny's lols thread is full of. Video not modified or edited in anyway. Completely unadulterated.

Am I saying that you have to or will provide anything? I am not. If you read this and believe that I'm coming off as a poophead (substitute for a bad word), it was not my intention.

We are all members here, maybe not all friends, but we are members of the same community. This is not an ultimatum, but nevertheless I must ask the question... Will we not coexist in some sort peace? *By that I mean board members (Higher Authorities) will you grant us this favor in seeing the damning evidence.? If not to everyone at-least to Deadlock.

Hi Gandalf, your post makes sense.  I can certainly understand why you would want to see it and also want him to at least see it.  I was hoping to look over everything this weekend, but things really got away from me.  I am hoping tomorrow night.  I will discuss about showing proof or not also. 

I also understand that, some of our top players, who (hopefully) do not use cheats, would worry about being banned for cheats without any recourse or chance to defend themselves.  It is always a tough situation.  However, it is also important for us to make sure we do not allow someone to use cheats or unfair advantages in the games.  

We will get back to you soon.

Alas I have arrived... 

Thug,  you are not entitled to the demos.  We are using tools we want to keep hush.  Remember, its a privilege to play here.  

Such hostility I sense from you padawan. Remember young Skywalker, such feeling are but the path to the Dark side... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyKN45KpLs

I don't feel like anyone has pushed a sense of entitlement on the topic viewing demos... The request has been more of an appeal towards common courtesy. I feel deadlock and others (being people that are appealing in his favor, and those that are glad he's banned want to see him cheating in action) just want to see the raw video of the accused/and convicted caught cheating.. Just a normal video like what the Johnny's lols thread is full of. Video not modified or edited in anyway. Completely unadulterated.

Am I saying that you have to or will provide anything? I am not. If you read this and believe that I'm coming off as a poophead (substitute for a bad word), it was not my intention.

We are all members here, maybe not all friends, but we are members of the same community. This is not an ultimatum, but nevertheless I must ask the question... Will we not coexist in some sort peace? *By that I mean board members (Higher Authorities) will you grant us this favor in seeing the damning evidence.? If not to everyone at-least to Deadlock.

I have no hostility. I did not even perform the ban.  But I do remember a time when deadlock was talking very bad about me on your twitch..  And he was quick to report me when I told him so in-game.  So yeah, I dont like him as he does not like me.   But I dont give two poops.    Thinking it is OK to bad mouth an admin of GC shows his character.   He thinks he is above and entitled.  

You can claim I am angry, but actually, I am from NYC, so this is my attitude.  Its basically a no BS attitude.   But the truth is, we dont like hackers here.  And the evidence is pretty clear for many, and we are not looking to ban clean players, hence why Peanut is still reviewing.  

Yeah, I wish we were all friendly, but look at what causes these issues.  General attitudes from players like Deadlock.   Not lets stay on topic.  Which is Deadlocks hacking ban.