To all Members, Kindly post your thoughts on Deadlock's Ban

k1llz

Innocent until proven guilty that's the way it should be,he got banned without proving his guilt. Banning for skill?? Come on now.

Read what MeJohnny said before you post irrelevant arguments please.  It would also help if you read everyone's replies and insights, as I have posted stuff that goes against what you are saying about admins "banning for skill".

With the evidence I had and have now, I had appropriately justified the ban and, in fact, even further prove to my peers beyond a doubt that Deadlock cheated

It has been a while since I played on this server, but I used to be one of those guys who would accuse many of the good players on this server of cheating. That being said, after many demos I've taken and many times I've played with them, I now know that it was usually because they had played on this server for so long that they pretty much know what to expect in every situation while playing survivors.

The admins never ban for skill.  Otherwise those people I accused would have been banned...but they never were.  If someone shows great skill in unusual circumstances (ie. lots of headshots while infected are flying midair, anticipating and following infected through walls or while ghosted, etc) then that warrants a temporary ban until the evidence is reviewed so that other players are not aggravated or leave the server due to a possible cheater in their midst.

Edited by Fenix

I believe what viva is referring to on overwatch is a system in CS:GO, that allows other players, generally more skilled players that aren't reported of negative atitudes or cheating and such, to view what OTHER people report. 

I have participated in viewing demos of 10 minutes of footage, and then given my consensus on the matter. If valve gets enough people that vote to ban a certain person, they then, themselves review the evidence and when/if that person does get banned. I would get notified saying that someone I recently reported in overwatch has been banned, thank you for your assistance in keeping our community hacker free. or something along the lines of that.

It is indeed a neat system, it involved not only valve to make an ultimate decision, but the person doesn't actually get thrown to valve unless members of the community truly feel that person should be more thoroughly checked.

It isn't an entirely terrible idea, however time consuming it will be. As I don't know a way of getting members or what members to be allowed to also review demos, and a way to allow an ease of access to all this, because uploading a lot of footage can be difficult. 

Oh, a thing I forgot to mention, so the 10 minutes of footage, I believe is from a single game? that that person was reported in. And there may be multiple games, so other people may get different maps the person was playing on and such. So yeah... I mean it is difficult to base it off 10 minutes, But i'm pretty sure there are different 10 minute segments that different people see. (if any of that makes any sense). 

So basically a person accused of cheating on different games, has multiple 10 minute clips, so I would only be able to view one of the 10 minute clips, but other people can also see the same one, or they may get a different one? idk LOL im so sorry with english

• Like 1

So an example of the application of the system would be that, lets say you have hours of footage on a person, but if you break the hours down into like, the actual moments of when the person does a fishy shot or something, ull get rid of a lot of extra time, and yes like i said, this would be time consuming for whomever is recording the clips, to throw the video into a video editing program and then cut the clips, and make the file and then upload it somewhere that others can access... like.. I see how that can be very time consuming... Im too lazy to even make a video of my deaths in dark souls because there are just so many :(

But yeah, turbo is correct, when valve bans someone. you get a message on your screen saying, you have been vac banned from valve secure servers or whatever. But the thing is, valve's system is pretty accurate, I have never met ANYONE that has been banned from valve, that was innocent. EVER... IDK just report deadlock to valve and let them deal with him? :P lol

• Like 1

Innocent until proven guilty that's the way it should be,he got banned without proving his guilt. Banning for skill?? Come on now.

its not that rookie. the admins said that they have suficient proof that he did cheat.

@vivalabrandom

i know im just being emotional but to be honest, a system like that would make me feel more confortable about decisions like these.

being rational tho, it sounds too complicated for just 2 servers and the ban request thread work well enough.

I wish more members would have posted with reasoning for deadlock cheating

i have been thinking about this, and the only external asistance i can think of would be playing both sides of the game, like maybe having a friend/spectating-bot playing in the same room whit him?

this is getting out of hand. If you have anything to discuss amongst  members please do over steam or pm's. 

as far as i am concerned he has been found to be cheating. If you have any objections or proof he is not hacking please pm me directly

Also just to add. I am aware of how vac works and how overwatch works. I am also aware of how cheats work and i could make one myself, albeit a basic one. This is not a community input overwatch situation. End of story

• Like 2