An Account of my rush on the server

mylilneko

Alright, so I'm here today to talk about an account of me rushing today on the server. At around 12:30am to 1:00am on April 2nd, during the fourth map of Dark Carnival I rushed the cresendo and went into the saferoom. At first I was going in to either start a tank or make a tank spawn and go for me as I wasn't a main. Behind me was Cisco the Kid and Max Rockantsky. At the halfway mark of that long hallway toward the concert enterance a tank appeared and began attacking. I bought up and went forward to run from the tank and it chased me until I got to the saferoom. After the tank left a hunter was waiting outside for me. I told my team, or more specifaclly Meant, what I should do, and he instructed that it was a team decision on wether or not I should stay in the saferoom. No one on the team was complaining and Max was verbally calling me to stay in the room. I went off of their judgement and if I deserve a ban for that, I understand. I'd just like a forum notification of the decision and also wanted to adress this matter personally before someone else went to complain. Thanks for any replys I get, good or bad.

• Like 2

If your team was fine with it, I don't see anything wrong then.  A lot of the time if and when an admin bans someone, it's a split second decision to make due to how frantic the server can get and how quickly someone who needs a kick/ban can ruin the rest of the team's chances at surviving the level.  The protocol admins are supposed to uphold is if the team is fine with someone legging it to the saferoom, then nothing should happen to the player doing it.  It could be seen as a strategic maneuver, and also as survival...especially if a Hunter is waiting outside the room for you.

• Like 4

i have done similar thing a few times, distracting the tank by rushing and such.

if nobody told ya to go back out or complained as you ran to safe i dont see how they could complaint now.

• 2 weeks later...

on that map, a common point for infected to get tanks and attack is on the final hall to the safe room.  A tank can jump in there and hit the garbage cans and get easy incaps.  Survivors in the back generally run back to the gate area and survivors in front run to the safe room.  When this happens, the tank effectively splits the group in half, so infected can have an easier time killing off members of the group.  If you are in the front and forced to get to the saferoom by the tank, there would be no reason to leave, until the tanks are dead and you have enough help to not get killed by infected when you open the door.