Discord, future, etc.

Flitterkill

It doesn't exactly match anything around here but you probably can't miss the Discord widget on the side.

Discord = pretty much the future of game comms. Text and voice.

I think we're gonna move all in and I (we) have plans for some wack bot integrations. Pushing out round stats, special event flares, etc. all into the text channels. Honestly, too much to even iterate thru right now.

If you know what Slack is Discord is that - plus voice, in-game overlays, Twitch integration, Battlenet soon, and moar. 

So you folks might want to get on-board now. Eventually we'll close down the mumbles. 

Observant types might have heard me drone on over the past year or so about upgrading this forum community and so on. Our tiny little server logo you'll see when you hook up on our Discord server will give you a glimpse of the re-branding.

If you have problems joining our server just yell at the usual suspects. Most/all of the board members are hooked up. And yes, since this is a totally wide open combined text chat and voice chat system we'll be needing to get rolling on mod permissions, hosts, and so on. We can make any channel for text/voice that is needed. Just a single for text right now though; more later.

Web page app plus native for Win 10/8/7, Mac, and you can keep the fun rolling along on your Android phone too.

There is a single bot active (might be naughty at times) which I just threw on to get the party started. Try not to abuse it (or abuse it against GC conduct standards...)

Click the button on yonder widget to get going or check it out manually here:

https://discordapp.com/

• Like 3

4/21 Update:

Onyx yelled while I was in channel. Game Server Admins now have their very own happy title space. I think I got everyone who's registered so far over. 

Oh, and an FYI on the bot/s. They can be self hosted but nearly all of them right now are hosted somewhere by someone (usually the bot author/s). This means that when they do work on them, they can and will go offline. Like BooBot which as of right now is going online and offline and not working at all.

Gonna happen.

• 1 year later...