Nerf the hunter

zero0

why would you want to make the other team rage

That comment is for players who don't belong in this community.

what i mean to say is that if they leave because they dont know how to stop the hunter from killing them, they cant be that good of a player.

or they just have bad luck and an awfull team, in which case they should be asking for a scramble/swap.

and i agree the best games are those whit comebacks or nail biting scores, but nerfing the hunter to hell to get more games to be like that feels like the server is giving the midle finger to people that are good at pouncing.(not me, i suck at it)

yesterday we were playing hard rain whit just 10-6 people, this guy called ZZZzzz or something like that was asking what was whit the nerf, when i explained to him that it was to keep the games from being stacked whit early tanks he said that he was thinking of buying a menbership but he didnt like the changes. (the nerf and the change to the !teams menu)

im not trying to guilttrip people into undoing the nerf (for all i know he could had been lying), my points is that it IS a huge bummer to people that dedicate themselves to learning to pounce, and further nerfing will just drive those people away.

also, something that i dont think has been mentioned in the thread yet, what about nerfing the hunter achivements.

by the time you get enough good pounces to buy tank you are pretty much getting reawarded 10 extra points for the achievements, right?

Smoker's and Jockey's points per damage tick was increased as well.

hooray! 

Keep in mind that this change to the Hunter is not going to be permanent.  Smoker's and Jockey's points per damage tick was increased as well.

All this is a "workshop" period.

I hope it stays  Its nice to teamwork win games not Hunters.

• Like 1

People make it seem like high pouncing is the easiest thing in the world,if people would be aware of hunters there would not be a problem.just because certain people can't pounce they have a problem with it.the thing is that good players will use boomer to rack up points fast and tank up really fast. I agree that 12.5 was a bit much but 7 is too low,there's always a happy medium.

I think it is a bit too low right now.  I would prefer points of like 9.5 max for high pounce (plus whatever damage amount) and change Sky Diver achievement to 4 high pounces instead of 3.  If someone gets 4 max pounces, they would be about at a tank (it used to take 3 of them).  It isnt easy to get 4, especially out of your first 4 spawns.  Tanks would come slower than before, and less people would get them, but at least hunters would give a little more points than now for a high pounce and when you see someone get Sky Diver, they wont only have 30 points or so.  I think it would be more comparable to a boomer getting the first achievement (which usually puts you within about 5 points of a tank).

• Like 4

for the life of me I dont understand why does a hunter get some many points for  a pounce when  you only get 5 for a death charge

i dont get any for a long smoke or a charger doesnt get any for a long charge.

Or change it so EVERY SI gets  a tank when they get their achievement.

It seems like only the hunters think its too low. 

Edited by Mercman
  • Like 3

I dont understand why does a hunter get some many points for  a pounce when  you only get 5 for a death charge

i guess because in the hope of keeping it vanilla, the points system is trying to copy the damage the infected deals, and the hunter is designed as big risk big reward class already.

and it works, but the system doesnt take into acount the 10 players thing, that we can pick which infected we wana be or invisible wall pounces.

the first two arent going to change obviously and the third its unfixable, i guess...

(jackie, can you put invisible props in the walls of the map to stop ceiling pouncing? or maybe normal props, at that distance they wouldnt render for survivors aniway)

while on the topic, death charges should be rawarded 3 or 2 more points. they also require a lot of skill, teamwork or dumb luck.

also, what bacon said.

(jackie, can you put invisible props in the walls of the map to stop ceiling pouncing? or maybe normal props, at that distance they wouldnt render for survivors aniway)

Not gonna happen. If I was going to do something like that, do you know how LONG that would take?

while on the topic, death charges should be rawarded 3 or 2 more points. they also require a lot of skill, teamwork or dumb luck.

A death charge is a kill. You get awarded 5 points for killing Survivors. This has never been different ever and I feel should stay that way. Don't really see the skill behind death charging someone obliviously walking front of you or charging a Smoker's victim off a pier.

for the life of me I dont understand why does a hunter get some many points for a pounce when you only get 5 for a death charge

Or change it so EVERY SI gets a tank when they get their achievement.

Because Hunters get points proportional to the amount of damage they deal in that attack. It would make no sense to me to give Hunters 1 point no matter how much of a damage pounce they do. No other SI has an ability like that...which makes them special.  If they all had something like that, I don't think this thread would exist.

Not gonna happen. If I was going to do something like that, do you know how LONG that would take?

A death charge is a kill. You get awarded 5 points for killing Survivors. This has never been different ever and I feel should stay that way. Don't really see the skill behind death charging someone obliviously walking front of you or charging a Smoker's victim off a pier.

for the life of me I dont understand why does a hunter get some many points for a pounce when you only get 5 for a death charge

Or change it so EVERY SI gets a tank when they get their achievement.

Because Hunters get points proportional to the amount of damage they deal in that attack. It would make no sense to me to give Hunters 1 point no matter how much of a damage pounce they do. No other SI has an ability like that...which makes them special.  If they all had something like that, I don't think this thread would exist.

So, you don't think that chargers don't take much skill in doing a death charge?  First you have to find a place to do a death charge.  Hope you don't hit some random invisible or small barrier.  Then you have to compensate for lag and moving players.  

Let's see, hunters get to do a high pounce from any where they want, using the invisible wall exploit.  Hunters have to watch out for barriers, and also compensate for lag and moving players.  

"compensating for lag and moving players" is much harder for hunters.

Finding a place to actually do it is harder for a charger.  They cannot just pick any old place they want like hunters.

However, Hunters are compensated for this by getting larger points.

Chargers get 5 points.

Seems fair.  But hey, death charges don't take much skill.

• Like 2

Be lucky you guys get points for death charges at all.  Had to write a whole thing where it actually detects death charges and awards points properly.  Remember when it didn't at all?

Hunters have been nerfed.  You guys got your wish.  What more do you want?

• Like 4

People are looking at this incorrectly.  You can not compare a "death charge" to a "high pounce".  Every class has a wide range of points rewards for initial hits, for ongoing damage and for achievements.

I have gotten 10+ points for 1 charge, quite often, without getting the 5 for a death charge.  You need to hit multiple people.  A kill rewards you 5 points, no matter what class or no matter what other points are given.  I have used a hunter to kill someone, with a pounce that gives less than 1 point.  Hunters do NOT get 7.1 or 12.5 points per pounce.  They get these points for MAXIMUM pounces only.  Most of the classes get huge rewards for the best they can do.  A boomer with a 10 person boom, gives around 20 points for 1 spawn!  It is hard to do, but even a 5 person boom gives 10 points or so easily.  A hunter gets almost no points for the lowest pounce.  A boomer gets only about 2 points for the lowest boom.  Spitters get terrible points for spitting on person, especially if not incapped, but if you spit on a few incaps, you get incredible points, way more than a hunter can ever get with one spawn.

Much of this conversation is ridiculous.  The idea that you can ONLY get great numbers of points by playing a hunter is nuts.  I agree, of all classes, smoker is not a good class for rewarding points, but all the other classes get good points if you are good at playing them.  As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I get tank points almost every single round I play.  I am almost always in the top 4 in damage at the end of rounds.  I will occasionally play hunter for a round, but the vast majority of the time I play boomer, spitter, charger combos (occasionally jockey, ... only smoker on one map - in dead center).  Let people play only hunter if they want, just like some will play only smoker or charger and spitter.  I enjoy trying excel at multiple classes.  Sometimes I will choose classes depending on what others are playing, sometimes it depends on the map or the situation.  

• Like 1

(edited)

Wow we are really getting off the reservation.  It's this simple NO other class gets that many points for a fraction of a second attack on one player only, and no other class gets to stack the same amount of points in subsequent attacks on the same person pinned to the ground and/or getting up.  If one boomer booms the entire team, you can't come in with a second boomer a fraction of a second later and get the same amount of points as the 1st boomer did, in fact you get none.  In order to get a 10 point charge you have to hit 10 players or hit 7 players and pin the guy awhile, not one player for a fraction of a second and a subsequent charger isn't going to get the same points a fraction of a second later, due to the scatter and you are highly unlikely to get a charge like that 3 times in a row, more like 3 times in a year.  No other class gets to exploit the false ceilings for attacks to get these points.  I realize it takes "skill" to get a high pounce, but if you are getting 7 points from an attack that lasts a fraction of a second on one player, you are still getting more points than any other class period end of conversation.  So if it really is all about the skill of the hunter attack then nothing we've done here is affecting your gameplay. You are still getting more points for a fraction of a second attack one player than any other SI in the game, that is an indisputable fact, so this argument about it's harder to do so you should get more points is BS, you ARE getting more points for it already.  So there's nothing more to b*tch about, you can still do that all you want.

Edited by zero0
  • Like 2

Not true, I get 10 point chargers without much ongoing damage and not from getting all 10 people (I have never hit all 10 with a charge, is that possible?).  Booming, by the time you respawn you can boom again and you get way MORE points than a hunter does (if you got all 10).  Again, I rarely play hunter and have a tank every round, so this idea that only hunters can get big scores is silly.  I don't have a problem with lowering the points down for a maximum pounce and also making it harder to get the achievement, but cutting them in half is ridiculous.  

I was also addressing all the posts that are acting like hunter pounces give max points every time they land, while other classes give very little points.  This is simply not true.  If a hunter misses, he gets nothing.  A hunter does not have to land only high pounces, they have a wide variety of scores they can get depending on the distance of the pounce.  They just happen to sit and wait for the right opportunity and they tend to only look to get high pounces.  I will wait as a boomer sometimes to make sure I get a larger boom score.  All these attacks take a fraction of a second to give the points, except jockey and smoker, not just hunter.

• Like 1

Zero the attack may be a second but do you understand how much damage it does? 25 HP it's not like you take down 1 HP and get the full amount of points. Just change it back to 10 or 9.5 or even 9 a max damage pounce for us hunter lovers.

Edited by EliasPerez
  • Like 1

Hunter points should be upped by 1.5 points, 7 is a little low. K? k. Cause now all people do is boom, and it's impossible to kill infected and now people are getting points off of that. I think hunters should be upped by 1.5 pts, so people can stop complaining. :))))) Cause it's getting real annoying

Edited by Liv
  • Like 1

Hunter points should be upped by 1.5 points, 7 is a little low. K? k. Cause now all people do is boom, and it's impossible to kill infected and now people are getting points off of that. I think hunters should be upped by 1.5 pts, so people can stop complaining. :))))) Cause it's getting real annoying

Dont be a hunter or a boomer unless the time is right. Be a jockey ,smoker ,spitter, charger . Team work should kill kill survivors  not somebody who climbs up and jumps down 4 times

Its only the hunters who complain

When the team is boomers the survivors walk thru the infected. So to make up for that you think hunters should get astronomical amount of points

Maybe we can play the maps that are not hunter friendly now??

I would like to apologize to Jackie, I dont mean to cause you more headaches

Please dont change it back for the hunter lovers 

Leave it where it is at for the team players

• Like 3

seems to me you guys are still making comparison on guns

for example, if you play CS:gO/CSS, you are asking jackie to nerf the awp or something because ak or guns with less damages have............ less damages

(edited)

Not true, I get 10 point chargers without much ongoing damage and not from getting all 10 people (I have never hit all 10 with a charge, is that possible?).  Booming, by the time you respawn you can boom again and you get way MORE points than a hunter does (if you got all 10).  Again, I rarely play hunter and have a tank every round, so this idea that only hunters can get big scores is silly.  I don't have a problem with lowering the points down for a maximum pounce and also making it harder to get the achievement, but cutting them in half is ridiculous.  

I was also addressing all the posts that are acting like hunter pounces give max points every time they land, while other classes give very little points.  This is simply not true.  If a hunter misses, he gets nothing.  A hunter does not have to land only high pounces, they have a wide variety of scores they can get depending on the distance of the pounce.  They just happen to sit and wait for the right opportunity and they tend to only look to get high pounces.  I will wait as a boomer sometimes to make sure I get a larger boom score.  All these attacks take a fraction of a second to give the points, except jockey and smoker, not just hunter.

On the boomers - yes but you have to hit 10, and the guy right behind you can't duplicate what you did a second later.  What I am talking about is if you have 3 high pouncers and they all hit the same person, due the getup or the fact they are incapped, you can have 3 tanks in a couple of minutes.  That will never happen with boomers.  I also don't play the hunter often, but I don't get tank points in 2 minutes, nor will anyone else.  The only other possibility of that is with a crazy spit, but thats an attack on many players lasting several seconds and in combination with chargers, jockeys, hunters, smokers.  You will never get a spit like that, just spitting, because the players are not pinned, and any subsequent attack in that situation are going to be far fewer points because of the incap points you won't be getting if they are already down.  

hunter points max pounce - you aren't getting maximum possible points with any other SI either. the boomer attack is a fraction of a second, but it's on many players and only 1.79 points per player, not 7.1 or 12.5 on one player.

on the chargers - next post "nerf the charger" - I'm kidding, but those kind of points you are getting an attack on many players not one and not for a fraction of a second.  No one (let alone 3 or 4) has gotten a tank in 2 minutes from charges, even though you are successfully attacking many players, not just one.

No matter how you look at it, even with the nerf.  The hunter is getting more points for one attack on one survivor lasting a fraction of a second.  No other SI comes even close.  No one (let alone 3 or 4) has tank point in 2 minutes with any other class on it's own and on one person, it just doesn't happen period.  Pound for pound it is still the most damage for the attack given and the time the attack lasts.

You an spit someone to DEATH, you can charge someone to DEATH, you jockey someone to INCAP, you can boom someone the entire round, you can smoke someone to DEATH.  Do you have any idea how long  and how difficult it would be to pull off an attack like that, and you still wont have a single tank, let alone 3 or 4. They do happen, but not often, and 3 people doing it, and not in 2 minutes of every single round. Yet w/ a hunter you can pounce one person, who maybe helpless to move out of the way, and have 1-3 people getting tanks and they didn't even kill a single person.  How is that not stacked EXTREMELY in one classes favor??  

Edited by zero0
  • Like 6

Zero the attack may be a second but do you understand how much damage it does? 25 HP it's not like you take down 1 HP and get the full amount of points. Just change it back to 10 or 9.5 or even 9 a max damage pounce for us hunter lovers.

Elias this kind of reinforces my point.  The fact that you are doing the damage only compounds the issue I have.  I can boom all 10 survivors, I may get the points, but do zero damage.  I may get the charge, but do very little damge, same with the other classes.  The way it was and is you get the health damage compounded with the points towards tank etc..  If I receive 10 smokes, 10 charges, 10 jockeys, 10 booms, but my team mates only allow the attack for a fraction of a second I'm still on my feet, but the hunter would incap me in just what 3-4 for what a second or two worth of attacks?? C'mon really?? AND get the points.  

• Like 4