Nerf the hunter

zero0

do you know how LONG that would take?

no idea at all, as far as i know you just open up the map in some steam tool and click a bunch? haha

Don't really see the skill behind death charging someone obliviously walking front of you or charging a Smoker's victim off a pier.

the former almost never happens to me(unless we are playing the bridge) the later requires teamwork to position the smoker just right, this does not always pays off for the charger and it is cerytainly not paying off for the smoker ...aniway thats my reasoning behind it, but its ok man.

I think the point to this Forum post is that hunters are too o.p. and should stay nerfed, and Zero0 is big nub. <3

Edited by Liv
  • Like 1

Hunter points should be upped by 1.5 points, 7 is a little low. K? k. Cause now all people do is boom, and it's impossible to kill infected and now people are getting points off of that. I think hunters should be upped by 1.5 pts, so people can stop complaining. :))))) Cause it's getting real annoying

Yes, I agree with your suggestion. Honestly, I've been enjoying games now with the 7 point hunter nerf. However, if there are any plans about increasing the hunter's points, then 8-9 points for the maximum high pounce seems reasonable. This is similar to blinding 5 survivors. Both of these attacks can be challenging in their own way. Maybe that will stop their complaining. I still think anything above 9 points for the maximum high pounce is a little too much :P

Many players booming? Nah, that's a good thing! More blinded survivors means better opportunities for your infected teammates to attack them.

Trust me, it isn't impossible to kill the infected if you are blinded (frequently). It can be more challenging to kill them with blinded vision, but there are ways to compensate for that.

1. If you're blinded, you could spray and hold that trigger so you can kill the zombies around you as quick as possible. If that doesn't work, and your health is depleting torwards yellow/red, then

2. If you're blinded and hurting, you could buy pills/adrenaline so you can move away from the horde quickly with better health and faster speed. If there are too many zombies overwhelming you, then

3. If you're blinded and overwhelmed with the horde, you can buy a Molotov and its flame will kill all those zombies that were attacking you instantly.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the hunter lovers' problem with the update isn't with the hunter nerf, I think it might be because buying a tank is going to take longer than it did before. Well, ever since the nerf was added, games generally have been more enjoyable to play in. Longer rounds mean more time for players to play survivors and have them learn from experiencing the other team's attacks, AND they also mean more time for infected players to use teamwork and figure out how to attack the other team without relying on points too much to get tanks.

You hunter lovers might dislike this nerf for now, but I believe that you will learn to love it later on in the long-term.

• Like 5

When you boom 10 people, it allows all the other classes, hunters, jockeys, chargers, etc to do their work.  It also allows tanks to survive much longer. 

Again, you are comparing the worst possible boom, against 1 person, 1.79 points, to the maximum pounce, 7.1 or 12.5.  I just can not understand the comparison.  Why dont you compare the best boom to the worst pounce? 

Also, when you pounce someone, you have to wait a couple seconds before they can be pounced again or you go right through them.  If 2 hunters high pounce people, they get 15 to 25 points total (depending how we are doing this).  If two boomers each boom 5 people, they get 18 points plus the additional points from the infected hitting them, so 20-25 points.

I am not asking for hunters to be at 12.5, but 7.1 is too low. 

• Like 1

(edited)

When you boom 10 people, it allows all the other classes, hunters, jockeys, chargers, etc to do their work.  It also allows tanks to survive much longer. 

Again, you are comparing the worst possible boom, against 1 person, 1.79 points, to the maximum pounce, 7.1 or 12.5.  I just can not understand the comparison.  Why dont you compare the best boom to the worst pounce? 

Also, when you pounce someone, you have to wait a couple seconds before they can be pounced again or you go right through them.  If 2 hunters high pounce people, they get 15 to 25 points total (depending how we are doing this).  If two boomers each boom 5 people, they get 18 points plus the additional points from the infected hitting them, so 20-25 points.

I am not asking for hunters to be at 12.5, but 7.1 is too low. 

I guess at the end of the day no one has ever said in a game "this is ridiculous 3 tanks in two minutes...............someone has to nerf the jockeys"  or whatever.  The number one thing that seems to ruin a game is a few high pouncers on one team and none on the other.  The other team doesn't have a chance.  At 7.1 it's not even half.  Which means you need 6 instead of 3. I don't know understand what the problem is.  I am talking about balance.  The best boomers, smokers etc... can get tanks, it just doesn't happen just outside the saferoom door and copy cat attacks to get near the same amount of points from attacking a single person.  Almost everyone in the server agrees that the games are more fun and things seem to be more evenly matched over the SI classes.  I have asked everyone in the server what they think about the new hunter setup and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.  The little game the "high pouncers" play is prey on bots and new players and it sucks for everyone,and especially if you are a new player, plus the rest of the team is groaning at them a little bit.  This evens things out a bit I think, and encourages new players and potential new members.  The ONLY consequence of the point reduction is that it takes a little longer to get tank points, that is it.  You are still getting very good points for a very short attack on a single player, plus the health damage that the team has to contend with.  If that's "too much" for a few people, then I'll keep the 100 that are happy with it.  Again if you just like the hunter, just be the hunter.  The way the class works hasn't changed one bit.

The very best charge attack won't get you a tank in 3 charges - but it's hard enough to pull of once charge, much less charge the whole team in the process

The very best jockey attack might get you a tank in 3 tries, but I challenge you to hold on to one player for 30 seconds 3 times in a row inside of two minutes.

The very best smoker attack would have to be the same.

The very best boomer attack maybe, but you would have to pull it off 3X and one person may be able to do it, but not 3 and the boom itself causes no health damage.

Edited by zero0
  • Like 4

:P

I think it's safe to say that the chapter of Hunters getting 12.5 points per 25 damage pounce has concluded though.

Ok, so what does that mean??  Can we keep the hunter where it is for a little while and see how it goes?