Question on a full all member server.

Yortz

I need an input on reserve spots. A while ago, it was a full all member server, Carny map 2, we just made it to the safe room and it was our turn to become infected, needed a bathroom break after drinking 2 bottles of water (really hot here in central valley in California), when I came back and as expected, I was in spectators. Typed !jointeam and no open slots, ergo someone stole my spot. Used the tab button and showed that a player (not going to name him) originally on the opposing team took my spot, and he said he doesn't know who took his spot so he took mine. I asked the admins playing (not going to name them) on who was the last to log in, no response, except telling me to use !jointeam and move on, but i can't as it was all members.

I want an input on this on what to do. Should I just go back to the back of the line and wait for a slot to open? Or should the player who logged in last be polite enough and give the spot back?

PS. I want to apologize for the harsh words I used during that incident. It was uncalled for, it was just frustration that someone stole my spot, and the admins weren't very helpful.

• Like 1

That has always been my policy.  Personally and for other players.  If you crash, have to step away, etc... and the game is full, you have to wait.  If someone is nice enough to let you in, then more the better.  However, I have never forcibly moved someone when the server is full.

• Like 1

So if a member who has been playing in the server for quite some time, take a bathroom break, crashes or whatever and gets his/her spot taken, has to wait?

If that's so then courtesy and politeness is out of the question then, basically finders keepers losers weepers.

Ok thanks for the input. I've been nice enough to give the spots back to players who went afk/crash or whatever. I asked the player who took the spot and wasn't nice enough to do so. Moving on.

And again, I apologize for the harsh words I used whether you forgive me or not.

ouch, i feel for you yortz.

but yeah it is ultimately a honour thing to give the spots backs.

but just so you know:

>open console

>type openserverbrowser

>find the server you are playing in (either 'friends' or 'history' tab)

>right click and pick "view server info"

>'refresh'

>arrange by "time playing"

>profit

I was asking for the player's courtesy and didn't get it. I asked the admins playing on who logged in last, didn't really help me at all, and my frustrations and emotions got the better of me. I really feel bad for what I said and I do apologize for it.

The problem is that as an admin, I don't know who logged in last.  That is unless I am keeping track of log in messages myself.  We don't have a command for that.  And if that said person does not want to give up the slot, then I am sorry, but you have to wait to get back in.  It has happened to me many times.

(edited)

I would've given you my spot Yortz but to move someone else who had taken a spot of someone who had just gone afk briefly. It's hard to because the new person who had just joined or had waited themselves wants to play. Can't really weigh it there. It is very nice of you though to give your spot to those who do crash and I've noticed that through the years so props to you always. 

Edited by Meng