Hunter

rookie101

Why do certain people keep saying to stop playing hunter and learn how to play the game? Hunter got nerfed but there are people like myself who love playing the hunter,in my opinion...people that are good at hunters are usually pretty good at the game.yes there are times for spits and chargers and boomers and everything but plz stop telling people to stop playing hunter just cause u don't like um. He got nerfed and I actually don't mind it now.thank you!

Edited by rookie101
  • Like 1

The games are still always unbalanced and it's not because of the hunters.

I do not know how nobody has noticed yet.

And please... people will still be getting pounce hard,

• Like 1

The games are still always unbalanced and it's not because of the hunters.

I do not know how nobody has noticed yet.

And please... people will still be getting pounce hard,

No they are not as bad as they where.

• Like 1

Games are still unbalanced, you still have good players getting points fast and tanking up.games will be unbalanced most of the time because u have players who tend to walk with their heads down and refuse to look up,most of them are regulars.

• Like 2

Well at least now if they're getting tanks fast it's usually through teamwork. Unlike the hunters there wasn't much teamwork involved in that. Tanks aren't really that much of a threat if you have a team who knows how to bile n shoot stuff. ;D

• Like 2

by pouncing around the map, i have kept skeeters distracted long enough for others to get good booms on them.

also piggy backing pounces is teamwork, gota wait till they almost get the incaps up so others have time to spawn.

Anyone can play what they want as long as they're not just purposely fooling around from the team objective to stop the survivors. Goes with telling people to die as spitters even if it's beneficial or team killing the said spitters because they won't or don't understand the concept. Seems we all just need to understand the tone of how we want to say things when we're asking someone to do something else. 

• Like 5

Play any class you want.  No reason to criticize people for playing hunter or anything else.

You should all be playing this to have fun, not to employ certain tactics, strategies, or to show off how good you are.

Changing anything with classes will not prevent stacked games.  Unless we do an auto scramble at the beginning of every round (or something similar), the best way to avoid a stacked game is for admins and members to use judgment and swap a person or two now and then.  Message an admin if you want to swap teams to help even it out.  Generally I try look at how many members on each team.  If one team is 9 members, the other team is 3 members, chances are that it will be a miserable game and both teams will have people leave.

If you are not happy with how the game is going, how the team is acting, etc, just leave and play later (its what I do!)

• Like 2

You should all be playing this to have fun, not to employ certain tactics, strategies, or to show off how good you are.

I feel like that's how the server used to be. It was more competitive, and that was what made it fun(for me at least). Finding new ways to beat the other team and trying to outplay them was why I enjoyed L4D2 for so long. 

• Like 2

If games are unbalanced now, it's because of good teamwork vs. not or maybe new players disproportionate on one team.  The games are much better now.  If the teams were perfectly balanced all games would end in a tie.  The team that works the best together, regardless of skill, will most likely win, since this is a team based game and not a single player game.  When both teams team work together win, lose, or draw it's a great game.

• Like 2

I do agree with you on this zero,the games are longer and better,but can we just stop the hunter bashing? There's no reason for it. I play here cause it's fun.certain people people like to play smoker,boomer,chargers and hunters it's fun,let's stop bashing a certain class.

• Like 1

game is easier now (# of skilled players left) but remain unbalance (not because hunter/even nerfed)

Skilled as in  being a hunter     lol    

dont say that to gandalf, he will smack your face

• 2 weeks later...

Hunter wasn't nerfed nearly enough. A 25 damage pounce still nets 10~ points. 7~ from the 'high pounce', and 3~ from the 25 points of damage (even on incapped). I think it's entirely too much for being such a selfish class (only pins 1 player, no blinding, no knockdowns, no movement denial) that requires no teamwork at all and very little situational awareness. Other classes (spitter, jockey, smoker) at least require teamwork or awareness of players being out of position.

And stop using 'At least it's better than it was.' as an excuse when it's clearly still broken.

• Like 1

I should just remove the class altogether.  No more headaches and "valid" complaints about that class anymore.

make it so it gives 0 points. that way i wont worry about buying stuff lol

I know I sided with the hunter nerf before, but I'm with the hunter supporters for this one.

7.1 points for a 25 damage pounce is reasonable, just for the high risk alone. It takes longer for the hunter players to get their tank now.

Plus, I feel like there aren't as many people playing ONLY hunters nowadays. When the server is full, there are about 2-3 hunter players on the opposite team you need to worry about. That's not that bad.

Even if the infected team happens to be full of hunter players, you can just look at the sky and try to kill them. Try to aim up and kill those hunters in mid-air. Everybody else here uses lasers. You guys enhance your accuracy when you buy those, so I know you're more than capable enough of killing those hunter players that are high up. Everyone here has that potential.

If the hunter gets nerfed even more or if the class gets removed entirely, I feel like the hunter players might lose interest playing in the server since their class would either be pointless or unavailable to use.

By the way, Craw, the last campaign you played before making your comment about the hunter nerf was Dead Air. It's a horrible one. The first 3 chapters are basically a hunter heaven, and the early chokepoints are tough for the survivors to get through. You're better off just waiting to join until the last 2 chapters since they aren't as brutal to play in.

I guarantee you that the hunters aren't as much of a problem in most of the other campaigns ;)

Edited by Carlos

Then would you blame the hunter for landing a pounce or would you blame the survivor standing out in the open for no reason even though he knows(?) or is told there are gonna be hunters wanting to pounce.

The problem most of the time is/was having too many good hunters on 1 team which in turn are also good at survivor play.

You forget there is a ceiling in most maps Carlos, few can use it effectively.