My bad Maestro

Liv

About me calling Dixie a "queen" earlier, I was joking when you asked who it was directed to. Didn't really understand how it was offensive or homophobic. I won't do it again, sorry.  :smillie_smilling:

post-6541-0-63827600-1465343170_thumb.jpg

GC Server Admin

HI - don't worry - you weren't banned - what you probably didn't realise is that over here on this side of the pond - calling someone a queen is an offensive insult - please be careful - thanks.

GC Server Admin

Why is Ireland in that picture?  The Irish side of my family would never have considered themselves British. 

The Picture represents the UK - except for the Republic of Ireland, they don't belong in the group :  Scotland, Wales, England are 3 countries that for the island of Britain - there is no such thing as a British language.

(edited)

I thought the English, Scotts, and Welsh are a subset of Great Britain, along with Northern Ireland is a subset of the United Kingdom which along with the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey is a subset of the British Islands, which along with Ireland is part of the British Isles.

Thus being English is a subset of being British. So one could argue there is nothing syntacticaly wrong with calling you British.

Edited by Architect