Fireworks

Crawdacity

The current state of fireworks should be changed from a personal limit to a team limit. They're ridiculously cheap for how strong they are, and the personal limit is too high (who buys molotovs unless you have to flush a tank out?). In the actual game, fire actually hurts teammates instead of just the owner. This prevents teams from walking their way across the map in a burning path like they're currently doing now. Making the fireworks a team limited item will prevent literally every player farting out fireworks every time they get boomed and use them with a little more team focus in mind.

If it's a team limit, people will just be a-holes and buy out the supply right away.  I'd only shorten the personal limit.

Not sure I am for this, but going along that, to stop the griefers, make it both.  A personal and team limit.  Then no one person can take all of the team fireworks away.

• Like 1

I think we should up the limit to 6 or 7.

A lot of the time I'm with players who doesnt want to buy any firework or do not know how to, especially when carrying a team.

The limit is outrageously low, and making it very hard to move on.

Limiting the fireworks is like giving the infected a 12.5 points hunter pounce all day !

• Like 1

The current state of fireworks should be changed from a personal limit to a team limit. They're ridiculously cheap for how strong they are, and the personal limit is too high (who buys molotovs unless you have to flush a tank out?). In the actual game, fire actually hurts teammates instead of just the owner. This prevents teams from walking their way across the map in a burning path like they're currently doing now. Making the fireworks a team limited item will prevent literally every player farting out fireworks every time they get boomed and use them with a little more team focus in mind.

for fear of wasting/messing it up, i would never buy fireworks again. plus it would put more presure on the team carriers, and also make them the ones that get all the points from them which would also make them waste more time on !sp.

A lot of the time I'm with players who doesnt want to buy any firework or do not know how to, especially when carrying a team.

Limiting the fireworks is like giving the infected a 12.5 points hunter pounce all day !

If players don't want to buy fireworks or don't know how to buy them, I doubt increasing the limit is going to make much of a difference.

The limit is not too low. If survivors are getting overwhelmed by commons or the special infected at one area, just buy a Molotov. There are some major advantages to buying this:

1. It saves your ammo from shooting the firework crate

2. It allows you to aim where you're going to throw your Molotov

3. It can be used for not only close ranges, but it can also be used for far distances as well

4. It takes less time to buy and use a Molotov compared to the firework crates

5. It makes you less vulnerable to getting stuck and overwhelmed by commons/special infected when using the Molotov due to Advantage #4

Besides, it's not like the survivors abuse the Molotov.

If anything, increasing the firework limit significantly or making it unlimited again will be like giving the survivors 12.5 points similar to the hunter pounce. They would likely just use them, and abuse them whenever the survivors get attacked by a few commons. You say that limiting the firework limit would give the infected a huge advantage, but increasing the limit or removing it altogether will likely cause the opposite effect.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

They shouldn't be a total replacement for molotovs like they basically are now. There are loads of molotovs and gas cans in nearly every map anyway. How much hand holding do survivors need when it comes to fire?

Molotovs aren't a total replacement if firework crates are still available to buy. Players just need to use them wisely because of the firework limit.

Those loads of molotovs and gas cans are not really spammed as much as you say it is. Almost every item spawns in nearly every map (melee weapons, magnums, defibs, pills, pipe bombs, etc.) Gas cans are rarely bought, and they spawn at some certain points in the campaigns. Molotovs usually spawn in areas where the survivors would have to do some shopping in order to retrieve them. Unless there is a tank that has spawned, the molotovs aren't bought that often.

I'm not sure if you were around before early 2015, but there was a time when everyone used to spam the firework crates like they were candy. Back then, you could've said that there was way more hand-holding for the survivors than there is now.

If firework crates are actually abused in spite of the firework limit like you say it is, then maybe Architect's idea of a team limit and an individual limit could work. No worries, though. You don't have to worry about me abusing/buying the firework crates lol

Edited by Carlos

If players don't want to buy fireworks or don't know how to buy them, I doubt increasing the limit is going to make much of a difference.

The limit is not too low. If survivors are getting overwhelmed by commons or the special infected at one area, just buy a Molotov. There are some major advantages to buying this:

3. It can be used for not only close ranges, but it can also be used for far distances as well

5. It makes you less vulnerable to getting stuck and overwhelmed by commons/special infected when using the Molotov due to Advantage #4

If anything, increasing the firework limit significantly or making it unlimited again will be like giving the survivors 12.5 points similar to the hunter pounce. They would likely just use them, and abuse them whenever the survivors get attacked by a few commons. You say that limiting the firework limit would give the infected a huge advantage, but increasing the limit or removing it altogether will likely cause the opposite effect.

carols dont qoute my post when you are not reading it clearly, this is an order. 

carols dont qoute my post when you are not reading it clearly, this is an order. 

What? I misread? 

btw it's Carlos :P

What about instead of a limit you put a timer on it so you can only buy 1 fireworks every 10 minutes or so? Kinda like a restock timer. ("You cannot buy this item again for another 3:22 minutes")

You could take it further and have the timer start off really low but increase as more players buy fireworks. That way if all 10 people are buying fireworks the cooldowns will be 10 minutes, but if only 5 people are buying then the cooldown will be 5 minutes.

• Like 3

that didnt take cares the a-holes and the entire game doesnt take 10 mins in many maps

can lower limit and lower points for molly

or lower limit of fireworks but make it free

but i dont want to make the game any easier for the infected

limiting the fireworks makes it much easier for infected 

Edited by lordbaby

This is disappointing, fireworks were limited to 5 per survivor to stop the abuse at the time and you want to further put limits on it.

I can't be 100 % certain but rarely you get 4-5 survivors using fireworks and the times that happens games last 20 minutes per round.

I was in the game on which you got that idea, only Elias and I bought fireworks and the round lasted 15 minutes.

When the limit was put in place people started using more strategically so it's not getting spammed but just different players buying it in time of need.

Yea, I think the firework limit to 5 is fine the way it is.

The fireworks are not spammed by the survivors like they were a year and a half ago. Instead, they're being used strategically; just as Red Devil said.

The molotovs are also not spammed by the survivors. The only exception to that is when there is a tank that has spawned. Other than that, they are not bought that often. 

Edited by Carlos

Less fireworks, or make them more expensive would be better in my opinion. Most people don't even shoot CI no more they just burn through them and run or let them waddle around. The commons should be a threat or a nuisance to the survivors. At the moment they aren't. You can pretty much just toss a crate at whatever fence they're climbing to swarm into you and they'll be bottle-necked there.

Also having fireworks damage the person who shot it if they go into it much higher. Because the damage it does now isn't that bad. I'd shoot a crate and sit in it with pills and just kill whatever horde's after me or whatever tank comes to me if they fall for it.

Could be my imagination but I remember not having fireworks before and it made things much more tough to run through. I don't think lessening the amount of fireworks makes it harder for survivors. All it takes is for two good survivors who can coordinate to wipe a whole uncoordinated 10-man SI team. So I don't see survivors getting that much harder with anymore added penalties/limitations to the fireworks itself.

Just my thoughts on the topic that may or may not make sense. : D

• Like 1

Less fireworks, or make them more expensive would be better in my opinion. Most people don't even shoot CI no more they just burn through them and run or let them waddle around. The commons should be a threat or a nuisance to the survivors. At the moment they aren't. You can pretty much just toss a crate at whatever fence they're climbing to swarm into you and they'll be bottle-necked there.

Also having fireworks damage the person who shot it if they go into it much higher. Because the damage it does now isn't that bad. I'd shoot a crate and sit in it with pills and just kill whatever horde's after me or whatever tank comes to me if they fall for it.

Could be my imagination but I remember not having fireworks before and it made things much more tough to run through. I don't think lessening the amount of fireworks makes it harder for survivors. All it takes is for two good survivors who can coordinate to wipe a whole uncoordinated 10-man SI team. So I don't see survivors getting that much harder with anymore added penalties/limitations to the fireworks itself.

Just my thoughts on the topic that may or may not make sense. : D

i like the idea of commons being more of a problem for survivors, maybe they could get a boost in hp?

on the topic of FW, werent they pricier before limit was set?