No Overwatch thread?!

Brillow80

Greetings!  It's been 3 years since I last frequented these halls.  I remember some good times on the UT2k4 and CS:S servers.

For the veterans and old farts, my old name was Brillow_Head (I didn't realize the forum still had my account info), one-time member of [CsLs] and [Mmmm].   Oh man, i miss the old /-=GC=-/ tag!

I've been playing Overwatch and I have found the game is extremely fun...but a bit flat if you're not playing with friends.

I do have a few friends from work who play...but my fist thoughts were of you beautiful people.

I was a bit shocked to see no Overwatch thread.  I had hoped to find a nice little thread listing out who would be playing and some way to link up in-game.  But, since I can't seem to find one I'd figured I would make my own.  It also gives me a chance to see who is still lurking around from the good ole days!

Send me a msg I usually play in the late evenings 9'ish PM central.

I'll close with my old signature who was once spoken by a very wise man:

"I'd rather stick a pencil in my neck than pay $400 for a graphics card!" - Flitterkiller

(edited)
 I didn't say anything bad about it.   I just think the game is way over hyped for what it is

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the mater.

As a single player I feel the game is flat.  I haven't figured out if the game balances players based on skill or any other metric.  There is no way to swap players mid-game to balance like we can/could in UT or CS.

Uncoordinated teams can get crushed, leaving players frustrated and angry.  Stands to reason that if a player measures their level of fun by how much they win, the game might disappoint.

As part of a group the game can be a hoot.   Tis why I came here, looking for my people.  Being able to set up custom games is right up GC's alley too.  

Content wise there are a ton of hero's, which is great.  I feel the game modes and available maps are lacking at the moment.  So it's a wash in terms of content  We do know bliz is working on heros, maps, and ranked play. I'm sure more will come over time.  Bliz has to figure out a way to properly monetize the game (I don't think loot boxes will fit the bill) in order to sustain new content production.  Perhaps they can offer new hero's for $$ or maps...who knows.

Edited by Brillow80

I didn't say anything bad about it.   I just think the game is way over hyped for what it is

As a single player I feel the game is flat.  I haven't figured out if the game balances players based on skill or any other metric.  There is no way to swap players mid-game to balance like we can/could in UT or CS.

Uncoordinated teams can get crushed, leaving players frustrated and angry.  Stands to reason that if a player measures their level of fun by how much they win, the game might disappoint.

As part of a group the game can be a hoot.   Tis why I came here, looking for my people.  Being able to set up custom games is right up GC's alley too.  

Content wise there are a ton of hero's, which is great.  I feel the game modes and available maps are lacking at the moment.  So it's a wash in terms of content  We do know bliz is working on heros, maps, and ranked play. I'm sure more will come over time.  Bliz has to figure out a way to properly monetize the game (I don't think loot boxes will fit the bill) in order to sustain new content production.  Perhaps they can offer new hero's for $$ or maps...who knows.

you should try dirty bomb its free and most of GC that plays overwatch  play DB  as well

I feel like DB is the same game minus crazier abilities and flash and sparkle

It s like  DB is fireworks loud booming earth shaking fire works while  overwatch is a laser light show which is great but its not fireworks.

Further more I'm not going to pay for a laser light show when the fireworks are free  and much preferred

you should try dirty bomb its free and most of GC that plays overwatch  play DB  as well

I feel like DB is the same game minus crazier abilities and flash and sparkle

It s like  DB is fireworks loud booming earth shaking fire works while  overwatch is a laser light show which is great but its not fireworks.

Further more I'm not going to pay for a laser light show when the fireworks are free  and much preferred.

Lastly it is just an opinion. People like what they like  so it's up to everyone to decide.  Just stop trying to talk me into

buying/ play Overwatch when I'd rather be playing something else.I played the beta for 2 1/2 days three or four weeks ago now and my minds made up.

Even if one of you bought me Overwatch I would only play it to the extent to show you that I appreciate the gesture but other then that I have too many games I like better.

So I'd prefer no one take that route.