TbT's Week of TeRRoR Review Week4: Hard Spots, BURNING MIDNIGHT OIL, AMMO PLZ!

turnbullTeRRoR

Ahh week 4  in the books its 12.27 AM Sunday Morning  getting packed  for vacation I'll see you noobs Weds or Thurs

D2:LoD   hah   With this perfect drop mod I'm enjoying all classes.  I've got 1 of each character up to lvl 30  with multiple stat points into each top tier skill.    Beast mode ON

Dirybomb, GTA4: Back Burner....... Ain't nobody got time for that.

CS:GO-  The best  SNC hands down  since 4evar  Many faces that havn't been around in a while.  We made it past midnight  with at least  5 vs 5   but rolled 8 v8 for a long while.

asfasf.JPG

Aoe2-  Reo and myself ramped up the difficulty  and with my new found budgeting skills we had the easiest game ever at the next level.  Beast mode part 2- ENGAGED

Squad -  Had some good games in squad including one in which I did not die.    I ran out of ammo......that's a first for me.   Never even came close to running outta ammo before.  You get like 5-6 clips in Squad depending on  loadout. 

Captuasfasfassfre.JPG

HAVE FUN WITHOUT ME THIS WEEK!  

p.s.  Don't worry I'll bring my A game back with me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

What drives me nuts the most is the villager who I sent to build a house at 4:08 in the video and then I didn't touch him again until 8:34 and he was staring me in the face the entire time my screen was around the town center, just sitting next to the house he had just built. It's nuts how much tunnel vision I get when I play this, just trying to focus on one thing after another. I can't believe I went all that time without once hitting the idle villager button and sending him to do some other task. That along with the villager lost to the boar probably cost me a bit in the early game. Luckily this was hard and not hardest.

You'll also notice my hotkey game is rather weak. I think my biggest improvements could be for farm builds and idle villagers. I also have a bad habit of making my villagers walk further than they probably need to. I tend to build buildings as scout tools. I think that's fine later in the game, but I'm not sure it's helpful at all in the early game. 

I found it hilarious that my decision at 30:00 to move my villagers towards a gold mine that was obviously in Green's area basically kicked off their military offensive on my walls. I wonder how long it would've took them to attack if I hadn't done that. Their battering ram was just sitting there. I'm not sure I've ever seen them behave like that before on hard. 

I think this game for me is a pretty good example of having a little too much tunnel vision. I wish I would've moused over to see how your civ was doing at some point during this game, but alas. I'm just glad we pulled it off. Green really didn't want to go away. This was actually probably one of the less collaborative games we've played in the past month or so, since we only had to manage trade routes between each other and our frontal walls. There weren't any funky paths between us or anything. It was all pretty straightforward.

Would you mind if I kept recording and uploading these? I practically did this one by pure accident of having ShadowPlay open and having a brief desire to record. I've got some good Squad footage too, but it's mostly from when I've been playing on my own.

What's the biggest difference? I feel like my early game was pretty textbook. There were a few odd things that happened this game, like losing the villager to the boar, ignoring that idle villager, and building a barracks in Dark Age (usually I wait until Feudal or even Castle if I'm pretty secure), but overall I felt my progression was pretty solid.

Nothing wrong with it just not the same strat I been using early.  I've told you I spam 3 villagers out the gate- 3 houses  first seven  on sheep ( that's including the  3 house builders)  and the next 15 go onto wood only  ( 2 of them break of for a few more houses) eventually when I get around 25-27 villagers I sent 1 to mine stone and 1 to mine gold.   Then if I go to 30 I get one of my villagers from wood to building a mill ( that can happen sooner if sheep/ boars are not to be found)  If all this went well  my original 7 should be on the berry bushes before  I start researching feudal and a  few of my wood guys will get recalled to the TC to farm.  Also as the feudal bar loads I try to send 2sets of 2 villagers to any  locations that  require walls/ try to time it well.    As soon as I hit feudal   half of my wood peeps build a blacksmith and the other half a market.  As soon as they are up  they go back to wood.  If I did not create any villagers in that time I could possibly be at a really early castle time but I usually spam 2-3 more out while building is being done then I have to wait a minute or 2 before launching castle.   Now of course things can change  in the whole scenary depending on a few factors but that its the gist of it.