Reminder - admins are people too

PeanutButterNJelly

We have fantastic admins in L4D2.  I just wanted to post two reminders regarding our admins:

1)  Admins are here to help the players in the game.  They warn, kick or ban people breaking the rules of the game and/or GC rules.  They are there to help you with map votes, evening teams, handling glitches, etc.  They also are very willing to help you with GC issues, game questions, rules questions, etc.  However, they are not there to do things for their own advantage in game or for their own amusement.  I do not mean an admin slapping someone now and then, but an admin should not be stacking a team (either by swapping someone or by joining the better team) or using admin commands to mess up a team (either for fun or because they are not happy about losing).  If you see this happening (and I believe this is a rare occurrence nowadays), please let me know and I will remind the admin.

2) Please be nice and respectful to the admins.  They really do a lot to make this game great for everyone.  They try to play the game, while also watching for problems and helping everyone.  If you have not been an admin on the L4D2 servers, you have no idea how much work it can be.

Thanks!!

• Like 5

Personally, I think admins who break rules should get more than just a warning. Admins become admins to enforce the rules, therefore they should be more familiar with the rules than anyone else. I don't think admins get punished seriously enough for their foul behavior/rule breaking. Admins are people, they do forget. Reminders are helpful, but so is actually enforcing rules against the admins themselves.

That's what you took out of my post?  That admins should be punished with more than a warning?  They get punished far more severely than members do.  Admins have been banned for long periods of time this year, along with losing admin.  Some gave up being admins.  If there is a specific rule that an admin broke and you feel the punishment is too weak, then contact me.  But why add this general complaint about something you have no knowledge of?

I was posting this to help everyone.  To make sure that non-admins know that I am here if they have a problem with an admin.  I dont want them feeling they have no recourse and then leaving the server.  Hopefully others out there understood the reason for my post and found it helpful.  Again, for the majority of you out there playing this game, I am here to help you, just contact me.  Please contact me with real issues, not general complaints with no specifics.  Thanks

• Like 1

I answered your private message on this topic.  

The admins get the most severe penalties of anyone. But, whether dealing with a complaint against an admin or a member, I always require proof.  Someone giving a general complaint with no proof and no specifics will not be dealt with.  I have spent a ton of time cleaning things up and they run far better now than they used to.  Some admins are gone, some players are gone.  I am not sad to see them go, as the ones that remain play together and have fun and complain a lot less.  

• Like 2