My bad, however bad players are people too...

waterlilly

I've been playing on this server for almost two years now, while I may not be as good as some of you and my tanks almost always suck, I never once told anybody that they should not play because they are bad, or that they should go !afk because "please don't waste a tank" or that they "should play in another server because there are plenty of servers to practice in."  Multiple players said this to me today and others have in the past, including members, and the fact that there were admins present and did nothing about it was hurtful to me...

However this is not the reason I'm writing this post.  I'm writing to apologize for earlier tonight if I sounded awfully sarcastic towards the same player who died early in game.  I'm merely repeating exactly what he said to me (i.e., "aww why don't you go !afk or play in another server?").  I feel that admins who were not there earlier to witness his negativity were taken back, but rest assured I would never, ever say such thing to a new player.  

And... his reaction was priceless.  =p

• Like 1

(edited)

Sorry to read that people were saying those things, Lilly. :(   People should certainly be more respectful.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Thank you, Dixie!  So sorry for the rant, most people here have been extremely patient with me, which I really appreciate.

i always feel the urge to nitpick about wasted tanks, even tho my tank play has always been a pile of manure.

aww.. I certainly don't mind any nitpicking or somebody telling me that I should get that dumpster behind the alley or get up here to throw rocks.  I get disoriented easily so I would benefit from advice like this. >_<
Edited by waterlilly

Sorry to read that people were saying those things, Lilly. :(   People should certainly be more respectful.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Thank you, Dixie!  So sorry for the rant, most people here have been extremely patient with me, which I really appreciate.

i always feel the urge to nitpick about wasted tanks, even tho my tank play has always been a pile of manure.

aww.. I certainly don't mind any nitpicking or somebody telling me that I should get that dumpster behind the alley or get up here to throw rocks.  I get disoriented easily so I would benefit from advice like this. >_<

Hey Lilly, you don't need to worry about anything anymore because.... I have your back :)

I have this advice whenever you get tank: Just stop, keep calm, and THROW ROCKS. Do what I invented ;)

It is NEVER acceptable for people to tell you or anyone they "should not play because they are bad, or that they should go !afk because "please don't waste a tank" or that they "should play in another server because there are plenty of servers to practice in.""

Not acceptable

If it does happen, admins should be handling it.  I believe they usually do, but if you think they are not, please contact me.

GC is welcome to all players regardless of "skill" level and regardless of how "new" they are to the game.  It is a place where people can play games without being ridiculed or cursed at or bullied.  All members should not only be aware of this, but they should be helping to enforce it.  

Remember, we are playing an "old" game now (L4D2).  In addition to the reasons above, it is also in all or our self-interests to bring in new players.  We were all new once.  If we don't bring in new players to replace the ones that leave, the game will go away.

I will contact you directly to see if I can help further.

• Like 3

Hey Lilly, you don't need to worry about anything anymore because.... I have your back :)

I have this advice whenever you get tank: Just stop, keep calm, and THROW ROCKS. Do what I invented ;)

Thanks so much, Carlos, for your patience with me!  I started throwing rocks now, still miss a lot, will definitely practice more.. ><

It is NEVER acceptable for people to tell you or anyone they "should not play because they are bad, or that they should go !afk because "please don't waste a tank" or that they "should play in another server because there are plenty of servers to practice in.""

Not acceptable

If it does happen, admins should be handling it.  I believe they usually do, but if you think they are not, please contact me.

GC is welcome to all players regardless of "skill" level and regardless of how "new" they are to the game.  It is a place where people can play games without being ridiculed or cursed at or bullied.  All members should not only be aware of this, but they should be helping to enforce it.  

Remember, we are playing an "old" game now (L4D2).  In addition to the reasons above, t is also in all or our self-interests to bring in new players.  We were all new once.  If we don't bring in new players to replace the ones that leave, the game will go away.

I will contact you directly to see if I can help further.

I'm so sorry, Peanut.  I didn't mean to call anybody out with this post...wasn't my purpose.  

Like I mentioned earlier, I just wanted to explain myself because I feel a few admins who joined the game later were taken back because of my catty attitude towards a player who died right outside the saferoom.  I guess I wanted to give the player a taste of his own medicine by repeating the words he said to me earlier... but it wasn't 100 percent the right thing to do either on my part.

I really appreciate your kindness.

• Like 1

Everyone experiences total fails even with stuff they're good at. No excuse to badger you or anyone for doing poorly. I also am hesitant to play tank every time but I've been getting better (I think, probably just luck) I guess it helps to have a team that lets you know if you have enough to heal, or if there's a car nearby to use, or windows to break etc. If they just offer insults they're being pretty useless themselves. Hope you don't have to go through it again!