Hockey Season

Flitterkill

I'm not even sure of who to keep in a keeper league, my team last year didn't have any "top" players but just had a bunch of good players just below the top ones lol. My goalies were my 2 best players >.>

I need to actually show up on time for a draft so autodraft won't give me a player I would never draft with my first pick again.

I'm not even sure of who to keep in a keeper league(DUH), my team last year didn't have any "top" players(DUH) but just had a bunch of good players(BLATANT LIES) just below the top ones(YOU DID WHAT?!?) lol(IT'S NOT FUNNY). My goalies were my 2 best players >.>

I need to actually show up on time for a draft (10xDUH)so autodraft won't give me a player I would never draft with my first pick again.(10xBLATANT LIES)

:spinface:  :stretch:  :rolly:  :propeller:  

Do you ever stay at the same job for more than 2 years? 

Anyhoo, we should probably get a handle on how many we have on hand to do this thing, and if we'll need to throw back a week just to get our ducks in order.

Also, don't think I can set it to 3 keepers allowed - seems to be a free for all. So we'll need to agree to just keep three.

We are at 8 returning. Stick It is not confirmed yet. He would be nine.

So we got room to make it ten.

Draft day? Monday? Sunday? Tuesday would be the latest or we push off and start a week into the season.

Double and triple checked on setting keeper limits. Not existing. Commis just confimrs keepers after the deadline and can edit to "adjust for league rules Yahoo would not be aware of..." and so on. Feel free to Google for yahoo keeper rules and see if you can turn up anything I can't.

Stick It around?

EDIT: More food for thinkings:

• unless you want people to be able to have players for life, you must impose a limit as to how long players can be kept, in my league we set the max to 3 years. Example, you draft or pickup a player, you get him the year you drafted him, the following 2 years if you choose. After that, he cannot be kept. This stops people from keeping say Ovechkin for life. btw...this cannot be enforced via Yahoo, you just have to make it a league rule

• in accordance with the point above, set rules so a keeper maintains keeper status unless his 3 year "contract" is up or he becomes a free agent (meaning he was dropped and cleared waivers)

• the very first draft you have when switching to keepers should be snake but after that it should be standard and the order should be based on the previous years final standings. Some people simply reverse the order of the standings, we actually do it a bit more complicated then that but whatever works for you