Survivor Collision

Thug

Is there a way to completely disable player collision for survivors? Notice how when you stand inside a teammate it pushes them to the side? This can be annoying if teammates are trying to walk through the same doorway or across a little pathway. Also when you shoot at a teammate their screen shakes and makes it difficult to aim. This is the most frustrating part of it in my opinion. People think they are helping by shooting at their teammates since there is no team damage, but the screen shaking is similar to being boomed and it's pretty annoying. 

I tried doing some research and found these commands but I don't have a server to try them out on. 

I tried on a local server with sv_cheats but I don't know how to change Cvars.

Maybe someone here knows.

collision_shake_amp

collision_shake_freq

collision_shake_time

phys2_hack_ignore_level_collision 

phys2_ragdoll_self_collision 

ragdoll_collide

ragdoll_self_collision

sv_bounce  

vcollide_wireframe

I don't know if any of those would fix it, but thought I would just bring it up.

Source: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/index.php?title=List_of_L4D2_Cvars 

• Like 4

(edited)

Is there a way to completely disable player collision for survivors? Notice how when you stand inside a teammate it pushes them to the side? This can be annoying if teammates are trying to walk through the same doorway or across a little pathway. Also when you shoot at a teammate their screen shakes and makes it difficult to aim. This is the most frustrating part of it in my opinion. People think they are helping by shooting at their teammates since there is no team damage, but the screen shaking is similar to being boomed and it's pretty annoying.

I tried doing some research and found these commands but I don't have a server to try them out on.

collision_shake_amp

collision_shake_freq

collision_shake_time

ragdoll_collide

ragdoll_self_collision

sv_bounce

vcollide_wireframe

I don't know if any of those would fix it, but thought I would just bring it up.

Source: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/index.php?title=List_of_L4D2_Cvars

You know what? That's a good idea you got there.

That way, you won't have teammates messing up your aim with the screen shaking while they're shooting through you. Maybe then, you'll be able to clear the Special Infected faster than your teammates can. It's crazy how the teammate shooting through you does the damage on the SI, but not you that's doing most of the blasting on your target. It'd be nice if the screen didn't shake when you're being shot at, and if the aim wasn't being affected by your own teammate.

I'm glad you mentioned the push-back effect when your teammates are walking through you and around you. There's nothing like crossing that small wooden plank in the 2nd chapter of the Passing with the rest of your team, but then you fall off because a fat teammate of yours pushed you off. It's a "neat" little touch by the game developers. If it were to be removed, I would sure as hell "miss" it. After all, it's not like it's an annoying feature or anything like that (Note: It is).

Edited by Carlos

collision_shake_amp

collision_shake_freq

collision_shake_time

ragdoll_collide

ragdoll_self_collision

sv_bounce

vcollide_wireframe

You know what? That's a good idea you got there.

That way, you won't have teammates messing up your aim with the screen shaking while they're shooting through you. Maybe then, you'll be able to clear the Special Infected faster than your teammates can. It's crazy how the teammate shooting through you does the damage on the SI, but not you that's doing most of the blasting on your target. It'd be nice if the screen didn't shake when you're being shot at, and if the aim wasn't being affected by your own teammate.

I'm glad you mentioned the push-back effect when your teammates are walking through you and around you. There's nothing like crossing that small wooden plank in the 2nd chapter of the Passing with the rest of your team, but then you fall off because a fat teammate of yours pushed you off. It's a "neat" little touch by the game developers. If it were to be removed, I would sure as hell "miss" it. After all, it's not like it's an annoying feature or anything like that (Note: It is).

You know what? 

You should use laser first.

• Like 2