Are the admins even doing their jobs?

ctrlfrk

There has only been one unban request in the last 2 and a half months, and only 2 more if you go back another two months before that.  How am I meant to get my daily intake of salt if I can't come here to read misbehaving youth be forced to own up to their transgressions in a public forum?

I used to visit this site almost daily to read the juicy exploits of newcomers to the server.  I refuse to believe that the playerbase is actually reforming, so there must be something else at play. Either the admins need to start being more aggressive in their banning and ban lengths, or we need to start some sort of recruitment drive to bring more badly behaved players to the server.

I remain hopeful that the upcoming Christmas steam sale will bring an influx of new players, but I'd hate to see the banned forum become nothing more than a seasonal event.

• Like 1

I can start banning people for some weird offences if you like?

How about counting wall jumping with a hunter as "glitching", grounds for a week ban? ;)

I could ban people that spam molotovs, because the flames obscure the vision of their team and it's griefing :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The question about why there are not more bans is a good one actually.  It is not because of the admins though.  Some admins have certainly lost interest in the game, but we still have some that play a lot and we have added more.  If any regular player would like to apply to be an admin, feel free to contact me.

I definitely think interest in the game has taken a big drop.  Every game gets old and this one has survived a long time.  With less interest, comes less new players and a lower number of bans.  It makes it that much more important that we treat new players properly.  Everyone who still plays and likes this game should be going out of their way to get new players to enjoy their experience on our servers.  It drives me nuts when someone new asks a question and some players will deliberately give them false information, because they think it is funny.  Or hearing players complain about how many new people they have on their team.  I understand the frustration, but be careful how you handle the situation.

The other reason for the lack of bans, in my opinion, is because of how things have been cleaned up in the past year.  We have became more strict with regulars, members and even admins on how things were being handled in L4D2.  Some of the people creating consistent negative situations are now gone.  A lot of the regulars playing now, do a good job of understanding the rules and helping the admins to enforce them.  Complaints to me are very rare now.

• Like 1