Deadstopping

General

Would it be possible to remove suicide for infected soon after an attack, or getting shoved.

Too many times have I deadstopped someone only for them to buy a suicide(gandalf, elias, soda) right after.

I know its embarrassing but you gotta accept what just happened, take your death like a man!

This includes mid-charge suiciding and rocket fail suicides

It's probably not going to be nerfed in that way you guys might be thinking.  I was just thinking it was wasn't going to be possible to suicide if the Infected player is within kissing range of a Survivor.

Exactly, it bugs me when you're shoving an infected reloading, ready to kill, only for them to buy a suicide

you're shoving an infected reloading

use a melee and shove swap to instakill, faster and more effective. there are clearly ways around this issue already, at least IMO.

buying suicides on missed attempts as infected is a strategy and should be completely fair to use. anyone can do it, plus a perfect team of survivors will shut down the infected 100% of the time, so taking away any potential points from them gives the infected a chance in those situations.

also deadstopping a hunter is enough without the point from the kill too, you just stopped the infected team from a potential 10 extra points, so losing 1 as the survivors seems perfectly reasonable to me.  

• Like 3

Deadstopping doesn't always happen and you should know, its just too similar buying suicides on pinned survivors which was considered a stradegy.

Besides this server works towards vanilla playstyle, cant buy suicides in 4v4, not saying remove it completely, just when you get shoved.

Not everyone uses melee.

, I just stopped that team from earning a tank, wheres my 2 points.

Deadstopping doesn't always happen and you should know, its just too similar buying suicides on pinned survivors which was considered a stradegy.

Besides this server works towards vanilla playstyle, cant buy suicides in 4v4, not saying remove it completely, just when you get shoved.

Not everyone uses melee.

, I just stopped that team from earning a tank, wheres my 2 points.

lol

No reason to act like this is going to be a major game changer

I don't think it'd be a massive game changer but I do think it give the survivors another advantage to guarantee points off missed infected attacks, adding to the advantages they already have of buying awps, ak's, lasers. fireworks, mollies, pills, etc.

The survivors have those strategies, so why can't the infected have theirs? 

Not everyone uses melee.

But everyone CAN use melee, they don't have to, but the point is that they CAN, therefore this is combat-able already IMO.

• Like 2

I don't even have the suicide binded nor do I use it on the buy menu. I don't like the suicide bind also but I'm used to it so I got no problem with it. Next time get your facts right before you make assumptions general. :steamhappy: :steamsalty:

Edited by EliasPerez

I guess I don't understand the issue with having suicide stand as it is.  First, just as with anything it takes thought to do it.  Yes I have a bind, but I made the choice to do that.  I have to remember to do it when I screw up an attack.  Many times, despite hitting my bind key, I still get killed and the survivor gets the point.  I see this as an opportunity for someone thinking fast to deny a point or two from the survivors.  

If we are going to change it, ask yourself why.  Is the ability to suicide really throwing off team balance that much?  This is the very first time I have heard anyone complain about suicides at all. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...