The Passing

GLaDOS

The Passing sucks, for two reasons. The first and less serious reason is that the campaign just sucks, particularly in 10v10. The choke points are way too tight, to the point that one new player can throw an entire round. For example, the first staircase on the first map, followed by a stretch of cars. Perfect for one person to get downed, feed tank points when people try to help, and then get obliterated by cars. Map 2 has the plank walk, which can just be insanity if there's a couple decent smokers on the other team. Not to mention the hallways before that. The sewer sections are long and empty and kinda boring. The levels are all terribly long, as well.

But the real problem is that it's buggy. In the last 3 days I've had a round of The Passing start as soon as or before the survivors were unfrozen, before anyone left the starting area. On top of that, a team of bots will get stuck on the finale, which can cause the dead servers to get stuck on The Passing's finale.

Not saying it needs to be banned, I actually kinda like how good The Passing can be for infected. But it's pointlessly frustrating when it bugs out.

• Like 1

Don't just stop there, OP. How about Death Toll? It can be just as unplayable, if not, moreso than the Passing due to similar reasons you just stated.

Yea, Crash Course and Swamp Fever are better maps. They're more enjoyable to play in.  They'd make a great addition to the map rotation. 

Don't just stop there, OP. How about Death Toll? It can be just as unplayable,

i  laugh at this

Thats whats wrong today

Somebody doesnt like something and they want to deny everybody the chance to play

If you dont like the campaign leave and comeback when there is a campaign you do like

Don't just stop there, OP. How about Death Toll? It can be just as unplayable,

i laugh at this

Thats whats wrong today

Somebody doesnt like something and they want to deny everybody the chance to play

If you dont like the campaign leave and comeback when there is a campaign you do like

Um, no. That's not it.

Teams usually get wiped out most of the time within the first 3 chapters to early scripted tanks due to cars (1st chapter+3rd chapter) or close quarters (2nd chapter). Early scripted tanks don't spawn as often in the 4th chapter; but when they do, there are still cars outside that kill everyone prematurely and end the round shortly. You don't see anything bad with the way those chapters are set up to kill the survivors early and quickly in those chapters?

Denying everyone the chance to play? I don't have those intentions, and removing it wasn't mentioned in my previous post.

It was just a suggestion. This thread wasn't made by me. Just thought it was relevant to bring that map up to this topic. Besides, you guys deserve better than to go through playing with those disadvantages throughout that campaign. That's why maps like Crash Course and Swamp Fever were offered. I think you guys might enjoy playing those maps even more. They give everyone more variety :)

Edited by Carlos

The campaigns that aren't in the rotation aren't in there for a good reason.  Swamp is also NOT coming back.  It can be changed to it manually for all I care, but it's never coming back in the rotation.  I've given that campaign way too many tries and every time it's just server drāno. 

The campaigns that aren't in the rotation aren't in there for a good reason.  Swamp is also NOT coming back.  It can be changed to it manually for all I care, but it's never coming back in the rotation.  I've given that campaign way too many tries and every time it's just server drāno. 

With all due respect Jackie

do away with smoker friendly maps?

Are we just going to play the HUNTER friendly maps now?

forgive me but thats not right to stop having it in rotation just because a few dont want to play it cause it hurts their ppm

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SWAMP FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don the new people deserve a chance to play it   they might not be hunters and acttually lioke it

Edited by Mercman

With all due respect Jackie

do away with smoker friendly maps?

Are we just going to play the HUNTER friendly maps now?

forgive me but thats not right to stop having it in rotation just because a few dont want to play it cause it hurts their ppm

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SWAMP FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don the new people deserve a chance to play it   they might not be hunters and acttually lioke it

Swamp Fever is a good map. Liked it a couple of years of ago. Still like it now. Maybe we could do Swamp on the weekends on whatever server it's available in? Like I said: More variety for everyone ;)

IMHO - maps that aren't on the rotation is good (Swamp, Crash, Cold Stream) - main reason I say this is that as they're not often played - it breaks the boredom when we !votemap for them.    Swamp is a smoker map - the best infected - especially at the beginning - helping out those death chargers

BTW   SWAMP    Has the best finale.

They arent in the rotation because the server empties out from them.  It has nothing to do with which class you can play on them.  

It doesnt mean they can not be played.  We played swamp fever and then cold stream last night.  It was good for a change, but I wouldnt want it on if it was going to clear the server.

The other day, I went in the server, during a normal time when it is usually near full.  It only had like 4 people on it.  I changed the map to No Mercy, because it tends to bring in people.  By the end of the second map, the server was filled.  Once it was filled, members started coming in as well.

If you really want to play Swamp Fever or another map that isnt played often, and if it wont win in a vote, then schedule it like a custom map.  Put a day and approximate time for it as a post in here and people will come to play it.  Other than that, just do a vote.

They arent in the rotation because the server empties out from them. It has nothing to do with which class you can play on them.

We should probably yank Hard Rain from rotation, then. ;)

Welp, that'd be yet another good map getting removed from the rotation then.

• Like 1

Back when Crash Course was still in the rotation many people would say they didn't like it because each chapter is long, most teams won't make it to saferoom and i think that's what people are not liking now.

I'd like to see Crash Course back on rotation.

• Like 1

Back when Crash Course was still in the rotation many people would say they didn't like it because each chapter is long, most teams won't make it to saferoom and i think that's what people are not liking now.

I'd like to see Crash Course back on rotation.

That's strange though. Crash Course is the shortest campaign overall. The campaigns in the rotation are longer overall. Plus, they have more chapters that are longer:

No Mercy: The Subway, The Sewers (if teams survive the 1st half)

Death Toll: The Church (if there is no early scripted tank before teams cross the fence; which rarely happens), The Town

Dead Air: The Crane (if teams are lucky enough to survive the 1st half with the ladder choke point, the rooftop crane event, and any early scripted tanks), the Construction Site (if teams are able to survive the alley chokepoint)

Blood Harvest: The Bridge (if there is no early scripted tank with the log outside)

The Sacrifice: The Docks, the Barge

Dead Center: The Streets, The Mall

The Passing: The Riverbank (if teams are able to survive the first half with the narrow hallways and the parking lots with all the cars), the Underground (if teams are able to cross that wooden plank bridge),

Dark Carnival: The Motel, The Fairgrounds (only need to survive the dumpsters halfway), the Coaster, the Barns

Hard Rain: The Milltown, the Sugar Mill, Mill Escape (if teams are able to survive the elevator exit and any scripted tanks that spawn shortly after)

The Parish: the Park, the Cemetery (only need to be lucky enough to survive the sewers), the Quarter

They might as well dislike these campaigns then with the long chapters ;)

Edited by Carlos