RUST AT WAR RULES

turnbullTeRRoR

Hey here we can debate the scoring/ rules  layout of our bid at a RUST AT WAR: ICE AND FIRE  scenario

First off the plan is to form 2 teams.  The ICE Clan  ( snow -North)   vs the FIRE Clan(desert-South)

Rules #1  BASES LOCATION AND ALLOCATION

• Bases shall be built in their teams perspective climate zone.   ICE can be in the hinterlands of the North So team ICE doesn't technically have to build on snow alone just North.  Snow cannot build on any snow capped Middle or Southern Mountains.
  • Do not super stack bases player wise.   Try to keep it to 2-3 players max per base.  Each team should have at least 4-5 bases ( min may change pending player count) full teams can come to battle at other bases just do not need 5 people living in one base unless war size allows it.

Rules #2  KILLS     *Special note  these rules are considering the Kill annoucement plug in is down.

• Kills are scored  1 point per.  Honor system(if the kill anoucement plugin is down).  They must be reported in a RUST KILL report thread ( will be pinned)  or to Turnbull on the Server.
  • If player is shot then  chased and dies by animal then kill is null. Honor system works both ways.  If you died from bleed out (and it tells you what player killed you) then tell the person they got the kill. If by animal tell them otherwise. Remember ADMINs can see in the logs what is true.     ALSO NOTICE you can sometimes get back up and repair yourself after  beartraps, falls, or being shot.  If you fail to stop the bleeding though  you will die from bleed out not credited to whatever harmed you.  So should you shoot some one  you should make sure to finish them off.

Rules #3   AIR DROPS

• Air Drops  earn 3pts  per each that captured(take everything out)- PROVIDED that you safely return to  a base. OUT POST  are not return points.   You can shack up in a outpost but return only counts when you reach a teams base ( remember admins can see logs so be honest)
  • points can only be earned  if there is at least  2  players from the opposing force in game when air drop  is captured.
  • Once and Air Drop has been cleared  the slower team can kill the Carrier but cannot  claim a return.  They only get Kill points.  If the air drop is not cleared then the team that clears it REGARDLESS of whether or not someone from opposing team grabbed stuff out will be the carriers.

RULES #4 RAIDING

• Raiding is allowed at anytime during the week on player bases. Capital building not allowed unless- (see capital building rules #5 below)
  • There are no points earned for raiding  itself.  Any kills however do count- even on sleepers while raiding.

Rules #5 CAPITAL BUILDINGS

• Capital buildings can be raided during the hours of  9 to 11 eastern  on Saturday Nights regardless of player count.
  • A successful Capital raid is the act of gaining the   airdrop supply signal from enemies capital - returning it to one of  your strongholds and successfully  deploying  and recovering air drop from raid.  ( air drop must be deployed before 11:15)  So you cannot hold it and hold it and try to drop at another time it must be before 11:15  eastern
  • Special allowance on capital raids for week nights- If both teams have at least 5 members on during a weeknight  they can discuss if capitals are open  and what the deadline shall be.
  • A successful capital raid  and recovery is worth 20 points and you can only accomplish it once per Saturday Night unless a new period is agreed upon by both sides.

RULES #6 OUTPOST

• special outpost may be constructed in the neutral lands used for respawn locations for raiding  and attacking.    These outpost should not exceed 4 square foundations and 20 triangles Nor shall they exceed 2 floors. You can have a 3rd floor open roof defense. With any items on top save for walls.  Barricades/ sandbags ok but no walls on 3rd floor- period.  These outpost are vulnerable to raid at any time.

RULES #7  HELICOPTER

• 15 pts for takedown
  • 5 pts for total loot recovery( same rules as air drop leave nothing behind)  Also reminder:  same rules as air drop also means 2 players from opposing team must be online.

Any thoughts or amendments you would like to see?  I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible and yet complex enough to be a fun and enjoyable challenge.

Side note: I still think it would be fun to grid out the map in sections that aren't part of the capital or north/south team and set up an Arena in the middle of the map.  

The Arena area is for north and south members to challenge one another in single combat to be able to take control of the previously established grid Area's.  Once someone has won control can be taken and that side can then build in those locations.

As discussed in Discord, the Arena could have a secondary purpose of allowing people to bet against one another or for others to bet on the winner using resources placed in a box previous to match start. 

Side note: I still think it would be fun to grid out the map in sections that aren't part of the capital or north/south team and set up an Arena in the middle of the map.  

The Arena area is for north and south members to challenge one another in single combat to be able to take control of the previously established grid Area's.  Once someone has won control can be taken and that side can then build in those locations.

As discussed in Discord, the Arena could have a secondary purpose of allowing people to bet against one another or for others to bet on the winner using resources placed in a box previous to match start. 

Yes I have other expansive ideas but we should probably keep it simple as I am sure we will have new joins who may want to participate.   We can have another melee arena for a team based tournament.     2 v 2 melee?     or an all out team arena brawl YES PLEASE!    1 pt per 1 v 1 match    10pts for a team brawl match 5 v5 or greater

Updated the rules.  I'm sure not every possible scenario has been covered. Please have patience when something funky occurs and try to let me sort it out  without anger flares ok?  Its just a game no need to be angry.  You're not being screwed.   I will decide on the most reasonable and easily monitored  way  the rules/ scoring should be applied.

If you do not understand any of the rules or you can foresee a scenario  I've not covered let me know and we shall take care of it.  Thank you for your patience when these things have happened.