ATT GC MEMBERS RUST WIPE #3 HELP US OUT!

turnbullTeRRoR

If you have  RUST play it with us this Friday Night just after 9 PM!    We need as many peeps on as possible even if you do not plan on playing for the long haul.  A fresh wipe date +  good numbers will garner us greater numbers!

BTW side note-   Last  wipe was bigger than first and it took me longer to delete files for a wipe.   This time I'm sure will take much longer than last time. I HOPE to have server wiped and restarted by 9.

NEXT THING.....

MAP SIZE-  we've successfully not crashed on a 3000 size map  do we want to go smaller?

Do we run another FIRE VS ICE    if so things to consider

• rule modifications  
  • scramble teams?
  • scoring modifications 

Do we run something new like multiple build where ever you like factions with a team size cap? This would not include capital raids... If so do we...

• have a draft for teams
  • choose 4/5 team captains
  • get together and form our own teams?

third option

FREE PLAY      no scores/teams per say.   HOWEVER  I would ask that no one stack a base with more than 4 players. PLZ PLZ PLZ.   Super stacked bases will discourage new players from sticking around.

While war and the points were fun, i feel we missed the mark on what we hoped to accomplish when we talked about things to make this more fun.  

Similar to your call out to GC to come help we may want to refocus on getting a larger player base in our server to keep it sustainable in such a way that we get more players returning and not so much of people wanting to quit.  With that in mind i would propose the following no matter what format we use.

• No raiding or base camping of randoms by our community: This is purely about trying to build our server population and to encourage those oh so fickle randoms to stay at our server.  (I am sure there will be exceptions when it comes to a particularly nasty random that is driving away people by being an a-hole and i am sure we would all agree of what to do about that)
  • IF we do points, take it off your back of having to record it all and just have points that can be based off kills which are counted by the server and can be confirmed.  Feels like there is a tool out there to get it to report to Forum somehow to hopefully drive randoms to the forums to check stats if they want.
  • Could also do points on taking out chopper if that gets reported as being killed, take out points for getting loot as the loot itself should be the prize. (same for AD, the loot is the prize...no points needed)
  • If things are team based, put some kind of scoring in place for recruitment of randoms to join your team.  You get points for successfully getting those people enrolled on forums and get them to post in a thread and join discord. (Encourage competition to drive membership gains or just fill the server more) KEEP IN MIND THIS CAN BE A DOUBLE EDGE SWORD OF THE PEOPLE YOU ADD....YOU WILL BE STUCK WITH THEM IN DISCORD WITH YOU!! =D

Beyond those things, I think my preference would be some changes to scoring and to have more teams. Maybe 4 teams based in each corner of the map.  (make an Arena in the middle of the map for all teams to raid on weekends????)   I think we could go smaller, i just run into conflicted feelings on resource gathering and the like.  Smaller map would lead to more conflict of players due to limited resources(fun!) but may drive off randoms if they are being attacked while resourcing constantly.  Maybe try 2800 and see how it feels? 2500?

I liked the size of the map.  I was able to stay out of most people's way, and enjoy learning how to gather, build, experiment with stuff without much conflict. If it was a smaller map I would probably have run into more issues.

I might be down with joining a team next wipe.  I'm enjoying the game.

Shaftiel

My thoughts.

I like the Fire vs. Ice thing more than the idea of smaller teams.  Larger teams can spread out the "chores" of gathering, building and maintaining much more easily than smaller teams.  If a small team has one member get discouraged and decides not to play, or not play as much as the other members then it can bring the entire team down.  Large teams allows those who devote more time to playing to ensure that the team thrives and allow those who don't play as much, but still want to contribute in a role that best suits their play-style.

Having player kills be the "primary" form of scoring would help drive the confrontations, but would that include the kills against Randoms?  If not someone would still need to go back and filter them out of the logs to keep an accurate count to just those in the event.

Since air-drops are not as random as we thought I'm for not counting them towards the score.  The chopper I'm definitely for keeping in the point scheme.  As Jack has shown he gets really jealous of the loot and throws himself at the other team in increasingly desperate attempts to claim it.

Raiding "should" be kept to the teams in the event.  However, this IS Rust and raiding is expected.  Since we can not expect Randoms to heed this rule, each team shouldn't be forced to either.  Self-control should be exercised, but enforcement should not.  If a Random decides to raid my base, I shall rain down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger!

The idea about the capital should continue, but...  the rules of the building and what can and can not be built or done to the capital itself need to be CLEARLY laid out for everyone.  Seems that was somewhat lacking in this first attempt at the Fire vs. Ice event.

I think each team can recruit Randoms, but only if that teams roster is lacking in total number of team members.   If each team is even then no recruiting.   If there are enough Randoms on so that each team can recruit evenly then that should be ok.

Off-line raids.  I can see both sides to this argument.  Again, this is Rust and raiding is expected.  How about we can allow off-line raiding, but anyone who is off-line at the time and who is killed during the raid is NOT counted as a kill.  Make it be about the loot/damage only.  Ideally, since we would make the kills the center of the point system then raiders would want to raid during those peek times when more people are on and thus could get a higher score during the raid. 

That's my thoughts thus far. 

S.

I liked the Ice vs Fire thing that was going on, even if i did join 3-4 days before wipe. 

A little bit smaller of a map would be nice.

Raiding should not have a rule as it is part of the game and as someone who has played since legacy i have been offlined, camped, betrayed it is all part of the game.

I wasnt there for the capital event, but i did not like how the capital was just a circle with nothing around it, Why not make it that everyone must build something there that way it is an actual capital and then it will be populated.

Have you given thought to any mods? (addons for the server)  

I think were gonna try out the "head hunters "  idea  if we dont like it we can always go back to ICE vs FIRE

I know I will not like it but will try to solo play or join a group if others want to. I prefer the larger groups so as to not cripple the team because I cannot play as much as others if I do end up on a team.