Banned for propane tanks

Soda

in the ban notes architect says i spammed propane tanks at the end again and left before anyone could say anything to me.

first of all, i only through a few so i could stagger any last minute rocketting si, not enough to kill the team if it glitched again.

second, i left because i was done playing. i didnt feel like waiting until the next round started to leave, not so no one could say anything.

why am i banned for this? i wasnt "spamming" i only through a few. if theres that much of an issue to buying propane tanks to the point where you get a week ban for buying like 3 then tank them off the menu. although they are incredibly useful in many situations, you admins see it as me intentionally griefing when i buy them. also to be noted: if i was griefing, i would've spent all my points on them, i have 60+pts left after i bought the first few, but i knew i wasnt supposed to "spam" propane tanks anymore so i didnt.

Edited by oGSoda
  • Like 2

Admins and BMs have been discussing this issue for quite sometime before your ban was made.  There have been several complaints from members about you spawning so many that on a couple of occasions you blew the entire team up and incapped and ended with 0 points rewarded for surviving - you can guess not many people were happy that you made them lose for doing this, so they complain to Admins and BMs and we have to set a precedent for new "problems" as they arise.

Please be patient and wait for ruling from BM - thanks

• Like 1

Bans in general: sometimes admins will do a ban to force an issue to be discussed.  That was the situation in this case.  It didn't necessarily mean you need to be punished with that length of time, as much as coming here and we can discuss the issue and hopefully resolve it and move on.

Assuming that because you CAN do it, does that mean you SHOULD do it? and it is someone else's fault for not preventing it in the !buy system?: Everyone here is a volunteer.  There should be no rush for us to have Jackie drop everything else in his life to put a limit on buying propane tanks.  He doesn't even play the game anymore, so we should be thankful that he and Crash still do fix things, update things and try to come up with new things for the server.

Regarding the tank spamming in general, it is funny, but it has incapped or killed people on your team.  We assume that our members will be mature enough to follow GC rules and GC L4D2 server rules.  I expect everyone to exhibit good sportsmanship as much as possible.  We have a lot of fun in the server and you are a big part of it (part of what makes this game fun is playing with you and the other regulars that joke around in there), but please agree to be more careful on the trolling stuff and I will un-ban you.

Also, stop with the Deadlock stuff.  I have communicated with him.  I like Deadlock, but there are some issues and rules that I have to abide by.  

• Like 2

(edited)

Admins and BMs have been discussing this issue for quite sometime before your ban was made.  There have been several complaints from members about you spawning so many that on a couple of occasions you blew the entire team up and incapped and ended with 0 points rewarded for surviving - you can guess not many people were happy that you made them lose for doing this, so they complain to Admins and BMs and we have to set a precedent for new "problems" as they arise.

Please be patient and wait for ruling from BM - thanks

maestro that wasnt my intention, it was a random glitch/accident that i did not know was going to happen. im sorry that i killed the whole team that one time and i wont do it again, same thing to you peanut, that wasnt intentional.

i agree to stop spamming propane tanks and trolling in the future.

Also, stop with the Deadlock stuff.  I have communicated with him.  I like Deadlock, but there are some issues and rules that I have to abide by.  

i will stop with the deadlock stuff but i just really want him given a fair appeal, he would not come back to the forums after so long only to want to cheat. that is all i have to say, consider my boi please board members.

we are running short on top tier players so give him another shot  :smillie_smilling:

Edited by oGSoda

I dont mind you discussing Deadlock or anything else with me, but just stop with putting it in things like this post etc

I am unbanning you, thanks for understanding the reasons and agreeing to tone it down on the propane cans and trolling.  Dont stop with the fun and humor.

One note on the propane cans... I am referring to someone just buying them and blowing them up at the end of the map.  When used for strategy purposes, they are fine.  If you buy a bunch to hurt tanks, that is a reasonable use.  

• Like 2