2 v 2 Bot Herding Championship

drag

Anyone up for a 2 v 2 bot herding tournament?  

I love bot herding, there's a lot of strategy involved, and the games are as fun as they are frustrating.  And because it would only be 4 people for each match, it would be a lot easier to coordinate schedules.  I know tournaments in the past have fizzled, but I think this would be something we could handle.  Maybe do an 8 team bracket if we can get 16 players up for it?

Post here if you're interested.

Edit: To clarify, I mean 10 v 10, with 2 human players and 8 bots on each side.  I call this "bot herding".  Maybe there is a better name for it.

Edited by drag

I just mean it's 10 v 10, but with 2 human players on each side.  So you are essentially trying to get as many bots to the saferoom as you can.

Sorry if that was confusing.

Ah, so the 2v2 tournament is basically going to be how the GC servers usually are between 2 AM EST - 10 AM EST. (especially on the weekdays). Maybe those hours would be the perfect schedule for it :P

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

Ooo I agree drag, it can be fun, and yet SO FRUSTRATING oh my I PULL MY HAIR OUT.  Ahem, I would be interested lol.  I am starting to work from 10:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. CST 4 nights/week.  I don't know if GC wants to tie up a server for this before 10:00 p.m.? so I may not be able to participate.  However, depending on if there is enough interest and/or if time time we would play is on a night I don't work or whatever, count me in!

lol I started out playing early yesterday afternoon and tried herding bots. Mine were hopeless. Maestro joins and his bots are pros. Server filled for a bit so that was a bonus. I love toying with bots but it's hilarious how some are so dumb at times and others headshot with pistols through walls.

The hard part about organizing it is what do you do when more people start joining?

Make sure that only players who are roughly equivalent to bots, such as yourself, can join.  :hihi:

• Like 1