I'm still here I swear

MissSpider

Apologies for not being around too much to play as of late. I've not had the best of luck with technology lately. I've been experiencing some issues with my laptop. It's about 5 years old, and has finally started showing signs of age and general wear and tear. I'm a heavy user of Adobe Photoshop, and trying to do anything art related is a pain - the program is not only slow and laggy, but cannot handle large file sizes anymore. And for games, ugh. I'll be lucky if I can play for an hour before my laptop is like "nah, I'm done with this" and threatening to crash. So I haven't really been on steam because of it, much less launched a game. On top of that, our modem decided it'd be cute to drop connection approximately every two hours and made even the simplest of tasks beyond annoying to try to complete, never mind trying to game. But little did my family know that the modem wasn't the problem. Our router decided to die about two weeks ago. That was an $85 replacement that we couldn't really afford to spare, but went ahead and made because let's face it: we needed our internet connection.

I'd like to be able to return to playing with you guys :c  But that doesn't look like it will be the case any time soon. My family is in a bit of a tight spot financially, pretty much living paycheck to paycheck, and having spare cash is rare. But I did decide, after talking to a few friends and receiving encouragement to at least try, to start a GoFundMe to try to raise money for a new laptop. For those who don't know, gofundme is a donation site that allows you to make donations for a certain cause. I'm absolutely not expecting donations, just sharing this here in addition to my little update post. You can read more details/the story on the link. If you'd like to donate, even if it's just $1, that's great! And is appreciated more than you'll ever know. But even if you cannot, or do not want to, donate, I appreciate those of you who at least took the time to look and read ♥  -- https://www.gofundme.com/funding-a-new-computer

Hope things turn around for you and your family soon! Do you have to have a laptop? Building a desktop would be cheaper and you could get more for your money that way. I know some folks love their laptops though. I tried playing on one before and it wasn't for me. 

Thanks Looney!

I would honestly be fine with either setup, desktop or pc. And I know that in the long run, a desktop is probably the better choice as far as power/performance goes, as well as maintaining. But I like the mobility of being able to take my laptop anywhere in the house to game, watch videos, etc. Also helps to be able to take it to "work" with me so I can work on art/writing in my free time. So I'm not limited to being set up in my room only haha. I haven't done any searching for desktop setups, but pretty sure I could probably find something close to, if not better, than the laptop for a similar price. But I can always change my mind later, since my decision on a laptop isn't set in stone :)