1 month ban for "griefing"

Soda

Welcome back to the forums, Soda.

Peanut has gone out of his way, spending much time and effort to talk to you about all the past and recent "issues"; he has made a long post on these issues, a post that you have replied in a few times, so I assume you have read and acknowledge that post. Peanut and the other admins have discussed these "issues" with you rather extensively, so I will not beat that dead horse here.  So you will find that actions and comments such as below will no longer be tolerated.  See you when you get back.  

Also, please notice that your last ban was a week and this one is a month.  The next one... 

• Like 6

If it helps my case I was just helping harddark do what he does best, die in the back

You were helping Hard?  Ok, I increased the ban length to 3 months.  See you then.

• Like 5

I just don't understand, after the warnings, kicks, bans, as well as your recent comments to me about how you do not want any trouble with admins and will not do anything wrong anymore, how would you think this was a good thing to do?

Many of us were in the server, it was all members in there.  Johnny set up a custom map night, then he and Meng and I went in and tested every map of the campaign, to make sure it was going to work for everyone.  We invited everyone in.  We are spending our time to try to come up with ways to give members different things to do.  The campaign was going fine.  Yes Hard Dark is known for getting in trouble in the back sometimes and it was funny for us to all comment on it when he got caught initially in the stairs.  But I don't see why you would trap him in there to get in-capped.  I know you meant it in fun, but it changes game play.  It gives the infected team extra points they don't deserve.  It possibly gets another player killed and/or annoyed.  There are times when something like this would not be too bad, but this certainly was not the time.

Imagine if an admin decided, during a game, to just give one team each 20 points, for no reason, except for his own personal amusement.  I would probably remove his admin and ban him for a time.  How is this any different?

I like you Soda.  I just don't understand why this keeps happening.  Then your response is that you were just helping harddark die in the back?  It just demonstrates how you think everything is a joke and the server is purely for your own amusement at the expense of the other players.  

Right now, the ban will stand.  Contact us in a month with reasons why it should be shortened.

• Like 3

Bruh it should be shortened because he tripled it for making a joke. I get you guys are all happy you can ban whoever you want whenever you want because nobody can argue anything or you use your status to make the situation worse. I also get that you guys want me gone so you look for little things and ban me for them, mind you all johnny does is look for reasons to ban people. Then just for kicks you triple it over a joke and when I propose why that is wrong, you do nothing. This server is clearly dying, if not already dead, because anyone who is smart enough to realize all the admin bs that goes on, doesn't put up with it. Admins ban people who are better than them, have more fun than them, etc. Sometimes admins will say that this is a "competitive" server and people "want to make it to the safe room" but half the regulars on gc have over 4000 hours and nothing to even show for it. If this was about making safe room, there would be a lot more good players than there is. I love the internet because it gives people like you admins a chance to have authority for once in your lives, and no one can do anything about that. It's a bit sad to be honest. Enjoy this community of admins abusing authority and players will 4000 hours that can't hit a deadstop. Make my ban permanent, this community is worthless to come back to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Soda was banned for a month originally, for griefing.  This was not a one time situation, which was the reason for the length of the ban (see my post above also).  

After Soda made a joke of the ban (see comment about Hard Dark above), the ban was increased by an additional 2 months.

After being told by me to contact us in a month with reasons to shorten the ban, Soda posted a venomous reply (above), which resulted in a permanent ban.

It has now been over two months since the original ban.

Soda did contact us (Johnny and board members) apologizing and asking how he can get back to playing with us.  Johnny asked him to address everything he said and did.  Soda did this about a month ago, but I have not posted it previously because we felt the post above deserved some time before we even considered an apology.

Here is Soda's apology and him addressing the issues.  He is under consideration for being allowed back and it will decided soon.

From Soda in June:

as for right now i will explain all of that just to you guys and maybe that will help understand how all of this happened.

as for my previous bans that led to this one, they were mostly all on bounds of griefing or being irresponsible and immature in gc with rules, admins, members, etc. i realize this was wrong and i should have stopped after the first ban i received.

for my actions towards harddark that got me the one-month ban, i can sincerely tell you i was not trying to ruin the game for anyone in this situation. i was honestly just trying to get a few laughs as it was a pretty light-hearted round of customs so i decided to mess with him since he had been in the back a lot that game and he is notorious for doing so. I know why this was wrong because it is griefing, regardless of the mindset i had when doing it.

when it came to the ban increasing from one month to three months, this was because i made a joke about why i did it on the forum post. i can see why this was not a good choice because it makes it seem like i wasnt taking anything seriously. i was not saying that to be rude to anyone but i was trying to lighten up a dark situation for me.

as for the alt account. i played on an alt account because in all honestly i was bored and wanted to play again. i thought about apologizing to possibly have my main account unbanned but i figured after what i said, there was no way that was going to happen. regardless, i see now i should have tried to talk about it before i tried playing on an alt account.

now for the forum post that made my ban permanent: 

Bruh it should be shortened because he tripled it for making a joke.

here i was clearly not happy about the ban being increased to three months, i instantly saw i messed up by saying that but i was powerless in going back to change anything.

I get you guys are all happy you can ban whoever you want whenever you want because nobody can argue anything or you use your status to make the situation worse.

this sentence shows how frustrated i was that i could not change the situation i was in so i tried to blame it on the admins. i understand that the mistakes were made by me so this was not fair to say.

I also get that you guys want me gone so you look for little things and ban me for them, mind you all johnny does is look for reasons to ban people.

around this time i was hearing from some other players that if admins/bms wanted someone gone from gc they would make that happen somehow. this made me think that everyone was just out to get me looking for every reason to ban me. i see now that i deserved the ban because of griefing so that makes this statement uncalled for.

Then just for kicks you triple it over a joke and when I propose why that is wrong, you do nothing.

again, here i was upset about me not being able to change the situation i had got myself into.

This server is clearly dying, if not already dead, because anyone who is smart enough to realize all the admin bs that goes on, doesn't put up with it.

this also is about talking to other people outside of gc who had problems in the past as well. this was a mistake because it just made me angry at the gc community. i had a biased attitude making this comment and i said "admin bs" because again, i was upset about the situation i was in, but that does not make what i said right.

Admins ban people who are better than them, have more fun than them, etc.

this was just not true clearly since there are many people who are better or appear to have more fun than admins on gc all the time. 

Sometimes admins will say that this is a "competitive" server and people "want to make it to the safe room" but half the regulars on gc have over 4000 hours and nothing to even show for it.

here i was caught up in pride with my skill level for my amount of time payed compared to others. i see now that those people who have more hours than me but may not be the best in the world are just playing to relax and have fun, and that it doesnt always have to be trying your hardest and learning every little thing, even for a competitive type game.

If this was about making safe room, there would be a lot more good players than there is.

im not sure what exactly i meant by this but there are a lot of good players on gc so this was not correct.

I love the internet because it gives people like you admins a chance to have authority for once in your lives, and no one can do anything about that. It's a bit sad to be honest

im not proud of this but it was a clear personal attack on admins. i apologize but my reasoning behind this was heat of the moment and frustration after typing the first parts of this post. this was completely unjust and disrespectful to all admins. i should have left my emotions out of it, but at that point i seem to had completely lost my head.

Enjoy this community of admins abusing authority and players will 4000 hours that can't hit a deadstop.

saying "admins abusing authority" was just me upset about my ban and being frustrated, and the 4000 hours thing was again, me caught up in my pride. 

Make my ban permanent, this community is worthless to come back to.

this was a clear deal maker that showed i did not want to play anymore beyond this point. the truth is i did still want to play, i did still like the community and the people who made the community up. i was caught in a state of anger and frustration that im sure everyone experiences sometimes, and now i regret it. the reason i asked for the permanent ban was because after seeing three months on the ban, i felt it was essentially already permanent. i felt i had already kicked myself out of the community and there was nothing to do now except make things even worse. 

i do apologize for and regret everything that happened and i am willing to change my attitude and behavior towards the gc community, in and out of game. i miss playing with everyone and i would be more than happy to be allowed a seemingly long-gone second chance. hope this helps a bit, thanks all.

• Like 1

Soda, I'm not out to "get you" or anyone.  I missed your skill and your sense of humor.  That's the honest truth.  GC is a huge, dysfunctional family and there is a place here for everyone.  I enjoy playing with all the different personalities and spectrum of skill levels.   Friendly banter, jokes, etc. is fine with your friends but we all have to keep it reasonable.  Please remember that the community pay for the privilege to play here, where the rules in place keep 95% of the crap found in the vast majority of other servers to a minimum so we can just play and have fun without dealing with childish, ridiculous behaviors.  

Good apology.

• Like 2

After a two month ban and your apology (which hopefully is sincere), we have decided to give you a last chance at being involved in our community.

Be warned however, you are being reinstated, but you are on probation. Your prior behavior will not be tolerated. If there is any situation with you again you will be back on the ban list.  I do not just mean breaking some specific rule, I mean acting up in any way at all.

Suggestion...If you find yourself bored of playing, in need of attention, wanting to prove a point, having to show off just how "cool" you think you are, needing to test authority or wanting to engage in silly debates about rules ... just leave the server immediately and do it somewhere else in your life.

It is really simple.  Honestly, in the two months you have been banned, things on the server have been pleasant.  It needs to continue that way.  I don't want to be your babysitter.  Learn to be positive toward other people and our gaming community.  Play the game and not only have fun, but help others enjoy the game also.

I have unbanned you.  Please have fun on our servers.  FYI, your membership expired, let me know if you need any help in renewing (though remember, we do not offer refunds, if you are banned again.)

Thanks

• Like 2