Emergency Unpin Option?

JackieChan

Charger and smoker points are fine, but I often wish you got some points for long distance charging. Sometimes I am charging someone and because someone shoots them before I start slamming them I think you get nothing? Or like 1 point or something. 

How about to balance the infected get an option to nullify the survivors buying unpin? So survivor thinks they can unpin and suddenly, "uh oh, your knife broke." or something. 

Since we're straying off topic..

The only way to reliably tank at key choke points on most maps is to exclusively play Hunter or boomer.

But I think the only playmakers are chargers and boomers. Every other SI has a niche role which depends on the success of those two. If no one is hitting good charges (with collaterals) or booms then everyone else does poorly, end of story. It's only fair if charger points are increased.

Half of the time you get cheated out of the charge and pummel points if the survivor is already against a wall. And there's also that irritating semi common bug where you can't bulldoze a survivor...

I honestly would rather have smokers get buffed up with their points if we HAVE to give the SI more points. Chargers do a ton of damage already. You might as well buff up the "weakest" SI class (points-wise) instead of one of the stronger SI classes if there is going to be a new update for the infected.

I honestly would rather have smokers get buffed up with their points if we HAVE to give the SI more points. Chargers do a ton of damage already. You might as well buff up the "weakest" SI class (points-wise) instead of one of the stronger SI classes if there is going to be a new update for the infected.

Sorry but chargers and their damage are one of the only things that actually make this game hard for survivors. If I want to get good points then charger is one of my weaker choices, and I consider my accuracy decent with the charge. I don't think enough people play them as is because the points aren't great (and many people don't know how to do a scratch charge)

I would agree with the smoker points. However with the way smokers are played they just feed headshot points to the survivors. And it's not fair to give smokers more points on an easy pull that lasted one second before they get their head blown off by half the survivors.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but when they bring the survivor in for a hug they do a MASSIVE amount of damage. I don't know the number but it feels like 2x hunter pounce dps. They also have a very specific role. They're only good in multiple SI vs one/two survivor situations. For example the first survivor out of saferoom start is an excellent smoking opportunity (if you can't get wallbanged). Anywhere else you'd be better off using a different SI.

So I think they should be rewarded for those useful moments when they actually bring in a full pull or hug the survivor (achievement similar to the 10 second jockey ride?) But I digress

I vote no.  Getting a pin is really important as infected, and having the survivors able to just press a button to get rid of it negates that.  

You also need to consider that the high value pins are the good players, the ones that are most likely to have 10 points spare.  If this change goes ahead then you won't want to target good players anymore because they'll just buy out of your pin.

Personally I think that the !heal command causing instant pickup is already a little too good because of how it allows skilled survivors to shrug off any attempts at focusing them down.

• Like 1

(edited)

Increase SI damage and/or hp across the board by like... 15%, with some classes like 30% such as jockeys and smokers.  Survivors too OP on the servers.  On maps with tier 2 weapons given in saferoom, it's basically SI massacre until someone good ( like me ) gets enough points for a tank + 2 heals to stop them.  Some people ( again, such as I ) have lasers before even leaving the safe room!  Buff SI!

Edit: more ranting

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...