Just some ideas I had about different things to do....

EliteGandalf

A few weeks ago some ideas hit me, and at the same time life hit as well so I haven't been playing much. Just a random brain storm that I'm trying to put on paper seeing as I've had trouble remembering what exactly I was thinking about more than once.

So we have Vip normal and hard, Jackie's Pathing, and S.N.C. - Saturday Night Customs I don't want to conflict with it. Maybe these ideas fit in with that. Here are my ideas:

1) Witch Party - this is actually a promod mode where witches spawn one after another as the survivors make forward progress. I thought this might be cool, but with a GC twist. In promod survivors play shotgun only as to crown the witches. Maybe for GC make explosive ammo like 5-7points for the individual purchase, and 10-12 for the box of it. I would also think that given that it is 10v10 the number of witches that would spawn would need to be increased over the amount that spawn in promod.

2) Fire Sale - Everything in GC buy menu is half off!! Or discounted to buy a certain extent. 50% off of everything would make for crazy, chaotic, short rounds. As if 10v10 is chaotic enough lol. Maybe the amount of discounted needs to be tested, or maybe the discount could be set to change per round to a random percent without exceeding 50% off. All players both survivors and infected cold start with 10pts, and if anyone joined during this they would be given 10 points upon joining.

3) Low Gravity - This one is a bit more straight forward. I'm not certain or particular on what should be available for this and would look for community input on specifications for this. Pretty much just implements low gravity into the game. Actually thinking about it idk if I or anyone else would want to play an entire campaign of low gravity... I remember when games were completely over by the time we made it to the finally and instead of just skipping admins would do the low gravity just for kicks. It was awesome. Maybe this could be reserved for those situations. Kind of like Charger Dodge-ball.

I'd like to read about anyone else's ideas and please ask questions, comment, and/or critique mine. I would also like to know if any of this is possible? Just thought I'd throw some ideas out there because it's going to be a long summer, and I'd like to try a thing or two to keep things fresh.

• Like 1

Saturday Night Customs VIP Mode!!  

As far as everything else, I will get them discussed and hopefully implemented.

I think we do this from time from time to time. I wish there was a way you could at least send points to the vip.

Low Gravity is easy, we can do that.  The other ones would need Jackie or Crash's input I believe

That's the biggest step. Idk if any of the modes I'm suggesting would be stable enough to implement. Not to mention if Jackie or Crash have time to even put it together.

For parish finale make it chargers only with a spawn limit of 10, survivors only able to use melee weapons lmao

Charger limit of 10 would be cool. I'm against melee only lol!

If low gravity is ok to use (does it auto reset to normal gravity when a new map loads? Or another one of those maybe things?) We could put it up as part of the vote when a skip is asked. Usually we only skip if the score is too one-sided or if it's a bad finale for infected. Might be a good idea to add these as options when we make a skip vote, add in charger dodge-ball or gravity, along with skipping or no skip.

I'd also like to see more use of them custom maps. It's a shame they can't be added to the normal lineup of maps. Would have been nice to allow any missing game data to automatically download/install for those who don't have it.  

I think ultimately the main way to get things fresh again would be to add major game modes, buyable items that take time and debugging to get right. It'd be cool if we could add scavenger or other mutations as an option, even if we treated it as a special occasion like VIP. Wish I knew more about the programming to be of real help with that, but I'd be happy to help test sometime! 

Not sure if this is a good idea, but how does magnums-only sound to you guys? It could be like VIP, except there would be 10 survivors using them and you can still send points to each other.

If people want map variety, then maps like Crash Course, Cold Stream, and Swamp Fever could be on the map rotation. The problem is that I've heard that the servers have issues running those good maps.

Not sure if this is a good idea, but how does magnums-only sound to you guys? It could be like VIP, except there would be 10 survivors using them and you can still send points to each other.

If people want map variety, then maps like Crash Course, Cold Stream, and Swamp Fever could be on the map rotation. The problem is that I've heard that the servers have issues running those good maps.

I would love to see those added to the rotation. People say they clear the server out, but so does the Passing and it's still on there. What problems do they have on the server?

I would love to see those added to the rotation. People say they clear the server out, but so does the Passing and it's still on there. What problems do they have on the server?

I think one of the servers is unable to run Swamp Fever. I imagine it'll be a pain to include Cold Stream into the rotation since it's not exactly one of the original l4d2 maps. As for Crash Course, I have no clue what the issue this map causes.

I think typically those 3 maps clear out the server at times. Though some of the other maps are getting so stale that it is causing the same result.

I am not sure why server 2 (I believe it's server 2) can't load Swamp Fever. I think the only complaint that I remember being that it's hard for infected to spawn into some areas. But the finale is fun as is the first area. I'd love to see it back in rotation for Server 1 at least. Admins can always switch the map to something else if people ask and don't want to play it. As I said before this almost always happens for Passing and for the same similar reasons (hard to spawn as infected in some parts.)

Crash Course, I've never seen a bug with this one so I'm not sure either. 

Cold Stream while not being an original campaign, Valve did adopt it as one so why would it be an issue? I know some folks don't care for it but again it would be nice to have in rotation. It's a fun map with all the death charge opportunities. 

(edited)

Map Myths explained.......

Swamp Fever - No one likes it... Well I mean very few people like it. Carlos seems to love it. The campaign just has too many open areas, long lines of sight, and object that prevent infected from spawning. Apparently survivors can you see you, at least that is the message presented even though you are behind walls and/ or bushes that survivors can't see through. The finale is the only balanced map of the campaign, and it is quite an enjoyable finale.

Crash Course - Plain a simple more times than not games are stacked, and to be frank about it years ago it started to lose popularity simply because there wasn't an admin on to swap/ scramble players. Idk how the rotation is of maps were setup back then, but the campaign would always come up at night after 10pm central time. So basically what happens is the better survivor team makes the saferoom on map 1 which takes 20 -25 minutes. The second team is wiped within 5 minutes. On map 2 the same thing happens except for it can take longer for the better team to escape thanks to the incredibly long distance you have to travel just to start the event. Not to mention how long the event is itself. On average 25 - 30 minutes. The Crash Course campaign is a very infected friendly map for all infected classes. With that being said it makes it a lot easier for the the better team to wipe early since the entire campaign is littered with hittables.

Cold Stream - I just don't like it because Maestro like it! Lol. Seriously idk why I don't like Cold Stream... Mostly because of bad experiences on the campaign. My team always has people that go into the tower and get incapped, also incapped/ death charged off the top of the hill map one. Which leads to early wipes. Just too many bad memories I guess... I don't know the general reason why the majority dislike it.

I don't think the maps should be scrapped. I vote for them from time to time. When they aren't played on a regular basis they serve their purpose and can be fun especially when mostly members/ regulars are playing.

Edited by EliteGandalf