Tank Limit Idea

JackieChan

Kind of tossing this idea around:

Tank limits at the start of the round begin at 1/1.  Tanks at this point will cost 40 points.

Upon a Tank limit increase, Tanks will cost 50 points for Tanks limits of 2/2.

Upon another Tank limit increase, Tanks will cost 60 points of limits of 3/3.

Thoughts?

Again, nothing is final unless people think it's a good idea and I announce it.

• Like 1

I see a small flaw in this, unless its intended. If there are two tanks spawned in, and I buy a tank for what would be 50 points at this point, and another person buys tank limit, then I would have bought my tank for the price of 2/2 tanks (50 points) instead of the 3/3 price 60. 

I like your idea Jackie.  I think 40 is a low amount to buy a tank, but I like this concept.   If a weaker infected team is playing, they still might be able to get some individual tanks (1/1 limit) to try to compete against a strong survivor team.  If it is more even teams, then the infected team will be smart to buy multiple tanks at once, so will have to up the limit and thus the cost.   It also adds another layer of teamwork and strategy to the game.  someone who is not buying a tank will have to buy up the limit, just like now someone has to buy up the unannounce.

Carlos - I agree, maybe Jackie can look in to that.  I didnt used to care so much, but yes it is silly now when low number of players on server and someone can buy a tank.

• Like 1

Touching the Tank's initial health and healing cost along with cost changes per limit would throw people off.  I think they should be left alone unless you can think of an alternative.

Would it be possible to have the cost of things in the buy menu scale based on the score of the game?

Ex: At the initial start of a map if a team team is down 500 in score everything in the buy menu that round (both this teams survivor/ infected turns) for them costs 5pts less than it would normally cost. On the next map if they are down 1000 in score everything in the buy menu cost 10pts less... And so on. The losing team would only have the discounted buy menu for that survivors and infected round of one map. If they closed the gap in score it would go back to normal. If the deficit increased the cost of everything would continue to drop, buy only after both sides have played and the games switches to the next map of the campaign.

Idk know if this is possible, and it seems a bit extreme. This may be the ultimate balancing tool. Thoughts Jackie?

Is it possible for the game to fetch the score and adjust the cost of things in the buy menu accordingly...

Edited by EliteGandalf
  • Like 1

One of the server's extensions is able to do this, which I used to also have respawns count toward defib counts and adjust the score accordingly.  It'd be kind of hard to make something balanced in this regard because costs of things could potentially cost nothing...and the number of buy menu items would cover about half?  Probably a percentage would be better?

Can you make a 10 point 'fake' tank that only has 1HP and does 0 damage with rock throws?

That's actually a really interesting idea, and would be far more useful than the current fake tank... which is almost always obviously fake immediately.

Edited by DAlighieri
  • Like 1