Don't Block Me

Tamatoa

(edited)

Hey, guts here

I was wondering if blocking IP's was the new cool thing to do in gc now, since apparently you admins are doing it quite alot now. I realize that Meng might be a bit butthurt about the things i said in the server a few days ago, but blocking my IP? Really? You couldn't of just been a man and said never do that again or banned me for however long for arguing with an admin? I realize the things i said to Meng were un-member like and i could of just kept my thoughts to myself. But Meng should've also done the same thing. Its also not the first time he's trolled like that because he could. 

I would like to request that you unblock my IP from the server and stop doing it, don't even try to say that you haven't been doing it, I'm not an idiot. If you have a problem with me, be a decent human being and message me about it. Don't hide behind the internet and use your admin friends to keep me out of the server without anyone knowing.

Edited by Tamatoa
  • Like 1

Last time you were banned was in April.  Our system primarily uses a client's Steam ID for banning.  Running your IP address does not return anything in Sourcebans.

Logs don't show anything either.

Can you provide a screenshot saying you were IP banned?

• Like 1

(edited)

It doesn't say specifically that i was IP banned, but i can no longer view the server info through steam or the server browser in l4d2. I also tried connecting through the IP address and it said "connection failed after 10 tries". I thought that was weird so i also checked sourcebans if i was banned and it didnt say anything. So i thought maybe steam was just down for me or something but it didnt work later either. So i tried using a different IP with a VPN and when i joined the server, within like 5 minutes my screen froze, but i could still hear everyone talking and doing everything, but i wasn't able to move. I then got kicked for being afk and everything that I said before about not seeing the server info, etc. happened. So I used a different VPN, same thing happened. Then again, until I just stopped and did something else. So i figured someone was searching for my IP whenever i joined and blocked it from the server.

Edited by Tamatoa
  • Like 1

GC Server Admin

Hurling accusations without just cause is not going to fix this problem, what you described has happened to most of us here.

"connection failed after 10 tries"  usually happens when servers are down (got to wait for server to fix itself or have a BM re-boot - but if a steam update needs to be patched in, that can take sometime).  Have had this problem many times. 

within like 5 minutes my screen froze, but i could still hear everyone talking and doing everything

This happens usually after the '10 tries' fail message and you rejoin - sometimes that window still runs in background, hence this problem.

The fix is to shutdown Steam entirely, clear history, cache etc, wait a few minutes before starting Steam first, then run the game.

• Like 1

Thanks for the post about this technical issue.  That is way above my technical knowledge.   Luckily San is great with these things.

He has been working tirelessly for a while on this issue now.

It looks like he has figured out the problem and has resolved it for you now.  

I don't think you should have any more issues with trying to join the server.

Oh, also, regarding Sourcebans... had you searched under the name of Deadlock, you would have found the ban you were looking for.  

As we have discussed many times in the past, you were banned for cheating.  Until you address that, you are just wasting other people's money, having them buy you memberships. 

Having your friends buy accounts for you, only gives us reason to ban others as well... Might want to be careful about that in the future.

• Like 1