Feedback on Hazmat Hordes

JackieChan

Uncommon Hordes  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hazmat hordes suck when you're the only person boomed lol. Happened to me the first night this was implemented. Got boomed and was surrounded by them; couldn't even move! Ran out of ammo during the fight and was trying to reload after buying more, all the while shove spamming to try to keep them off. And my teammates seemed to be non-existent in helping to shoot them haha. I went from about 90 health to 30 after that nonsense :'c

I think they're super effective in the right situations. Such as on a survivor who is separated and boomed on, or someone who has just bought a respawn for example. And I don't want to even imagine them during a tank fight and the team is scattered around. A horde of riot zombies though? Ugh. Why would you even? lol

Since the consensus seems to be making hordes more expensive, hordes will cost 15 points next update.

I've already coded in riot and mud men into the plugin, but it's not uploaded to the server yet.  The update will allow players to purchase them separately, so you could potentially see hazmat and riot hordes running around at the same time.  All 3 can be purchased at once for a more fearful horde.

• Like 7

Since you're planning on adding Riot Uncommons and Mudmen Uncommons along with the Hazmat Uncommons, can you also add in the Worker Uncommon (from Hard Rain) and Clown Uncommons as well just to add more unpredictability and variety with the hordes (if that's possible)? Hell, maybe add in the Fallen Survivor Uncommon (from The Passing) just for the hell of it lol

I've been on mod servers with Jimmy Gibbs hordes... they are ... not fun to deal with.

That said, 15 might be too high for the hordes, but there's no harm in testing it, as long as we're willing to tinker to get the balance right.

Edited by DAlighieri

Jimmies are resistant to fire AND throw mud on your screen if I remember correctly. If they're added they should cost even more. I think 15 is fair for these new fire resistant hordes, especially if we're gonna have multiple types that can be bought at once.

Last night during Hard Rain we had so many hazmat zombies it was pretty crazy because everyone was buying them.

I might change it instead of all 3 being able to be purchased at the time to one at a time because last night when I was testing it, I wasn't sure if I was noticing if they were all spawning.  All 3 types would appear and  run at the Survivors, but not sure if 25 of each uncommon type actually spawned in or not.  I can test it out in the main servers to see if you guys can notice it, but if not, it can be changed.

Observing a few times, seems like uncommon hordes, when used strategically, do become quite the force to be reckoned with.  It's almost like having an 11th player on the field.

Next update will restrict hordes to be spawned in one at a time to buffer out the appearances.  Players can, however, chain them together, but the change will rely on the infected team to communicate to chain them together...or to keep checking the buy menu for when they're available for purchase again.

If they still end up becoming a bit too much for Survivor teams to handle, a 15-30 second cooldown will end up being implemented.

Also, I had a stupid idea.  What if whenever a player buys something, the cost gets evenly distributed to the other team.  Geez, that'd make no sense to do, lol.