Common infected upgrades

ctrlfrk

EDIT: This isn't about the horde mechanic. It's about the commons that just spawn naturally, standing around idly as you move through the level.

The new swat team hordes have inspired me to repost this suggestion from a few years back.

I think it would be quite neat to have an upgrade that replaces 5% of the commons that spawn naturally with specific uncommons, permanently. Similar to what happens on some maps but for any map. Possibly with tiers.

My suggested tiers would be:

• (10 points) CEDA presence. (5% of all common spawns are replaced by CEDA hazmat workers
  • (10 points) SWAT presence. (5% of all common spawns are replaced by SWAT members.
  • (10 points) Mud presence. (5% of all common spawns are replaced by mud people.
  • (50 points) CEDA invasion. (25% of all common spawns are replaced by CEDA hazmat workers)
  • (50 points) SWAT invasion. (25% of all common spawns are replaced by SWAT members)
  • (50 points) Mud invasion. (25% of all common spawns are replaced by mud people)

And just for fun:

• (50 points) Here comes Jimmy! (Jimmy Gibbs Junior appears, and respawns somewhere every time you kill him (ie: he is always alive, somewhere.)) Maybe this could be bought multiple times.

I imagine getting mud people on hard rain would be quite amusing.

Edited by ctrlfrk

The new system needs a few more weeks to be evaluated properly.    ATM, it seems to be fine, no need for any changes as yet on hordes - and a definite NO to J,Gibbs hordes.

This isn't about hordes. It's passive spawning. The guys who are just standing around idly as you move through the level.