Forum Membership Event Dec01 to Dec23

Meng

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ogsoda

STEAM_0:0:13306101

1. i found out about it from steam group servers and i play on l4d2. i have been here since 2014 but took a 2 year break and returned in 2016.

2. my first experiences including me playing bad and learning how to send points to people.

3. i met my main homies maestro, meng, mercman and turbo on gc. also some honourable mentions include elite gandalf, sox, deadlock, pump, shaf and elias.

4. top fragging and trying to break my own records keeps me coming back.

5. gc helped me grow as a l4d2 player and appreciate forgiveness and personal redemption, peanut taught me that one.

6. my favourite moment in gc was standing on the helipad on no mercy finale with my boi guts (rest in peace) and leveling chargers.

7. the song that reminds me of gc is quack quack - greyface.

8. this next year i want to accomplish becoming a board member. as for l4d2 i want to break my kill record of 193 and go for 200. also need to find new hunter postions/spots.

Edited by Soda
  • Like 5

Deadlock, post again and I'm going to ban all your buddies, again. 

You're not wanted here, go away. 

For the rest of you, you need to pick better friends or find a new server to play on. We're sick of the BS. Quit the trolling and quit being dicks. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ogsoda

STEAM_0:0:13306101

1. i found out about it from steam group servers and i play on l4d2. i have been here since 2014 but took a 2 year break and returned in 2016.

2. my first experiences including me playing bad and learning how to send points to people.

3. i met my main homies maestro, meng, mercman and turbo on gc. also some honourable mentions include elite gandalf, sox, deadlock, pump, shaf and elias.

4. top fragging and trying to break my own records keeps me coming back.

5. gc helped me grow as a l4d2 player and appreciate forgiveness and personal redemption, peanut taught me that one.

6. my favourite moment in gc was standing on the helipad on no mercy finale with my boi guts (rest in peace) and leveling chargers.

7. the song that reminds me of gc is quack quack - greyface.

8. this next year i want to accomplish becoming a board member. as for l4d2 i want to break my kill record of 193 and go for 200. also need to find new hunter postions/spots.

Ya know, Meng is trying to do a nice thing here despite the trolls and idiots. Maybe you wanna try again, or maybe you should just not post anymore as well. Grow up, you and your buddies.

• Like 4

Not eligible but I'll post anyway because it's fun.

1. When and how did you find out about GC? And which game did/do you play on? How long have you been gaming on GC overall?

I think I randomly found it while scrolling through the server list. Looking for a buy server that was at least 10v10 and was American. (L4D2) I think I've been here off and on since 2012.

1. Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you.

It was always fun coming into a server that was full of people and point based but also balanced. Initially the no cursing rule phased me a bit, though I didn't complain and I actually appreciate it now. I'm not sure how good or bad it was. I think I've always just been an average player and I'm ok with that.

1. Tell me about friends you have made while playing our servers and what roles did they have into making you have fun gaming in general.

I got bunches of friends on GC and I do value them as much as real life friends. In fact I probably talk to some of you guys more than my own local friends or family. Just because we have fun together and that's what's important. Love you guys!

1. What keeps you coming back to play GC?

The good people we have here! Gameplay in L4D2 never gets old for me. I still discover new stuff about maps every now and again, and hear the bots say something random I've never heard before. 2500hrs this month!

1. How has GC affected you as a person, whether big or small, share about it.

I've made some good friends, we've had good talks. I hope GC is around for a very very very very very very long time.

1. What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?

Destroying Johnny with a car that my tank threw from across the map. Destroying an entire team with a tank on Cold Stream as they got stuck in the tunnel and I proceeded to shove a log up in there. I got lots of videos of great death charges and jockey deaths. Rocket jockies and smokers that actually end up doing good is pretty hilarious too. 

1. What song reminds you of GC?

Ummm I don't know. I actually have "One Bad Man" as my ring tone and has been that way since 2010 or something. So when I think of L4D I think of GC. 

1. What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?

I'd really love to get better at hunter, but it seems like I'm just not skilled enough for it. I always land at a players feet, then freak out and baby pounce them. I probably land a 25pt pounce 1 out of 10 times whether you're incapped or not. I got no shame in this. I'll keep trying. I also would like to get my headshot ratio up a bit more and stop "spraying and praying" so much. Oh, I also want to run my own contest again soonish. 

Personal goals, we already had a big year moving out of state, selling a home, buying a home and enrolling my son into various therapies. Next year I want to grow my business more and have another child. 

Edited by looneypumpkin
  • Like 6

When and how did you find out about GC? And which game did/do you play on? How long have you been gaming on GC overall?

I have been on GC for over 3 years currently. I had been playing Realism Versus with a group for a long time, and due to drama and people just being jerks, I was getting pretty fed up with the community. I was very close to giving up playing L4D2 at the time. One day I was bored and I clicked the “join random versus server” option. It popped me into GC. Of course, I had never even played on a modded server up to that point, so it was very different for me. But I decided to just roll with it. The map was Cold Stream and I had only been playing for about 10 mins when suddenly there was a kick vote called by some guy called Abusement Park (yep, that one, lol), and the kick was for me! I had no idea what I did to get kicked, but since I had only been there 10 mins, I really didn’t care. So I was kicked, but didn’t know why. About 30 seconds later I got a friend invite from this Abusement Park person on steam. Curious, I accepted it, and he immediately began to apologize to me, saying that he kicked the wrong person by accident. He asked me if I was new to that server and I said yes. He was very kind and explained to me how the server worked, about the points, how to buy things, etc. I thought it sounded like fun and I was willing to come back and give the server a chance. Abusement also helped me set up all my binds to make things a lot easier. That’s how I found GC and why I stayed. Y’all have Abusement Park to thank for gaining me as a player.

Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you.

My first answer kinda covers the first part of this question. The first month playing here was a lot of fun. I had to learn how to do things I hadn’t previously had to do. I had only played unmodded versus, so things like changing your SI and rocket spawning took some getting used to. But once I got the hang of it, I really loved it. I could never go back to regular versus now. I love the 10v10 instead of the 4v4, makes for a lot more going on and a lot more fun. I was a bit thrown by the no cursing rule in the beginning, it seemed odd at first, but I quickly grew to appreciate it. It makes the game a lot more fun and a lot more civil when you don’t have people cussing each other out. I also love having admins around to reinforce the rules, it helps to keep things running smoothly.

Tell me about friends you have made while playing our servers and what roles did they have into making you have fun gaming in general.

I have made many friends on GC over the years. I feel like, for the most part, I consider every admin, regular, and member to be a friend. While I am closer with others, and speak with certain people more often, everyone is part of this community I have called home for a while. I don’t consider any of y’all to be strangers, just disembodied voices I have killed tons and tons of zombies with, lol.

What keeps you coming back to play GC?

The community, again, for the most part, is great. I enjoy killing zombies, it relaxes me and provides me with an outlet for my stress. It’s the most fun when it’s filled with members and many of my friends that I can chat with and laugh with while playing.

How has GC affected you as a person, whether big or small, share about it.

It’s given me a fun environment to play in. It’s also given me many friends that I enjoy talking with on a regular basis, some who have helped me a lot. I care about this community quite a lot.

What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?

I guess my very first day and getting accidently kicked by Abusement is probably my most fond memory. But more recently when I told the server I was going to have a baby. Everyone has been really kind about that, and that’s a good memory for me.

What song reminds you of GC?

I can’t think of a song that makes me think of GC, however, I sometimes play music in the background while I am playing, and if you have never killed zombies to Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You, you really should! LOL.

What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?

My biggest goal for next year is to survive my first child! LOL.

I have always thought of myself as a middle of the road player. I don’t think I totally suck, but I am not nearly as good as others. I would probably be able to bump myself up a bit more if I was better at headshots. I don’t know why I seem to struggle with those, but I do, and perhaps one day I’ll get better at them. I also wouldn’t mind being able to pounce. I have always sucked at pouncing.

But the sad truth is that with my son being born early next year, I probably won’t be around too much for a while. I won’t be leaving GC, not until it’s truly dead, but I won’t be able to play as much as I am now. I’ll pop on when I can, maybe when he’s taking a nap. Once he’s a bit older I’m sure I’ll have more time. 

• Like 7

Meng, when I first glanced at this, the idea/contest/post looked a little too sappy to me.  But after reading this (the posts by you, soda and looney), I changed my mind.  I liked reading it.  Also, if you want one of the prizes to be a free membership, I will pay for it.

1) When and how did you find out about GC? And which game did/do you play on? How long have you been gaming on GC overall?​

Played L4D2 and enjoyed the server.  Had to become a member to stay in the server.  I only did it to not get kicked.  The idea of not being able to have an offensive name and not being able to say offensive things to people seemed dumb when I first joined (not that I did things to be mean, but I do have a warped sense of humor).  But I soon ended up understanding the reason for the rules GC had and I wanted to help everyone enjoy the gaming here. 

2) Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you.

You really think I can remember that far back?  I remember one time General doing a kick vote on me, and just before I was kicked I saw him type "vote no, wrong person!" or something.  Yeah thats a nice welcome!

3) Tell me about friends you have made while playing our servers and what roles did they have into making you have fun gaming in general.

I wish I could list them all, but it would just be too many.  I made so many friends from L4D2 and GC.  Some have become friends beyond just playing the game, they know who they are and I really appreciate them.  Most of the friends made it enjoyable to play because of not taking things too seriously and being able to have fun and joke around.  Some friends also really went out of their way to help me learn how to play the game better or smarter (Swatfishy where are you!!).  Unfortunately (because of the role I accepted in GC) I have had to play the bad guy also, and caused some people to not think very fondly of me.  I dont take it personally though.  Actually, the funny part is, I still considered most of those people friends too, even if they didnt think the same way back.

4) What keeps you coming back to play GC?

Someone needs to be here to be the bad guy.... oh wait, we have San for that..... seriously though it is the people in GC (see above), I feel like so many of you are friends and family.

5) How has GC affected you as a person, whether big or small, share about it.

Years ago, when I really started playing on L4D2 server alot and I joined GC, it was because playing on the GC server and playing with the people here, was the only way I could get my mind off losing a family member.  The game, the server, the people really helped me through tough times, even though they were unaware!   

6) What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?

Saddest moment - when San sent me a request to join a chat with certain other evil board members and they forced me to become one of them.

There are too many good times to type about, sorry! Most involve either playing jokes on Zero though.

7) What song reminds you of GC?

Down With The Sickness - Disturbed

8) What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?

Personal Goal... Only a few here know the details, but for the last 20 months I was in one of the most horrible situations imaginable.  Biggest fight of my life, but I was just recently vindicated, completely.  It became official just 3 weeks ago.  It is hard to explain, but without that continual weight on me (it cost me a fortune and the stress took a toll on me), my goal now is to just enjoy what I have and not take anything for granted.  

L4D2 goal... Obviously I am the most skilled Admin or Board member at the game, but I still always try to improve.  I tend to do the same things when I play (use an AK as survivor, play boomer mostly as infected).  I would like to get better with AWP and use other infected classes more (except for the Smokermerc, ugh I hate playing that).

• Like 7

I'll give it a shot. I'm not good at this kind of thing. So my apologies if there's anything wrong.

Steam ID:  STEAM_1:0:30179165

1. When and how did you find out about GC? And which game did/do you play on? How long have you been gaming on GC overall?​

- The owner of the old L4D2 server I used to play quit because of school/work. Bounced around a few servers but didn't like them as most of them was ether too chaotic or too many mods like ultra nerfed infected and survivor with "unique skills". Eventually joined gamrs.co on the steam group server list and gave it a try as it the ping was averaging 90-110 which was good enough for me, back in 2012.

2. Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you.

- Map 2 of Hard Rain I first joined a game in the server. I can still remember the moment I joined in and either it was Matt Kemp or Chief, telling me to stop, get healed and use my AK47 to cover him as he was healing me. I was on the losing survivor side, I'm not sure but I think the players were Zero, Matt Kemp, Chief, Turbo, Paroxysm, SK, Chick, Black Yoshi, The Dude, Tsunami, Lookback, Jerky, Maestro. And as the Pean...newbie of the game, I just kept quiet and followed the veterans, told me about the point system and how to earn and send points, and the famous unofficial spit & die rule. Also told me about the rules of the server on which I wasn't quite sure why at first but since I got interested in the server, kept my mouth shut and just followed it.

3. Tell me about friends you have made while playing our servers and what roles did they have into making you have fun gaming in general.

- Like to poke fun and jokes, especially if Pean..He Who Must Not Be Named joins your team, and the rest is history. Recently San and his gnome raining hax. Meng laughs and giggles all the time even on a team losing by 2000 points. And also really fun playing with the ladies of the server, such as gwamma Dixie booms / snorts, "touching" Spider, jockeying Neptune to her doom, seeing Looney and her Loonay pounces.  :biglaugha:

4. What keeps you coming back to play GC?

- Boredom, lol. Not really into the latest games right now. I have older games for nostalgic purposes. And someone has to stop Peanut, San and Tainted's reign of tyranny and oppression. And to forget a long and rough day and move on to the next.

5. How has GC affected you as a person, whether big or small, share about it.

- At that time L4D2 was rare in my old homeland and so my old friends got quite surprised when I suddenly got better with first person shooting games.

6. What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?

- Quite a lot, but here are a some of them. In no particular order:

Bittersweet one: Played the game while going through an ordeal, San messaged me on steam asking me what's up. He even offered to help if necessary but I politely refused (Thanks San).

Funny ones:

a. On the infected team at map 3 No mercy in the narrow hallway after the warehouse, Peanut joins the survivors, all the infected team charged and spit, and poof, game over. It proved my theory that Peanut joining your team equals instant defeat.

b. Map 2 of Dead Center near the end, Architect changes his name close to Peanut and I warned him not to do it but did it anyway. We get to the area outside the saferoom, and he gets annihilated with a car to the face from a tank, and he swore that he would never associate his name with Peanut ever again.  http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/45672-warning-to-all-players/?hl=destruction

c. Dead Air finale, me on survivor team and Tainted on the infected. Plane ready to leave, and as we were getting on the plane, Tainted teleported me away, trying to incap me, but was unsuccessful and still manage to escape. Even Admin haxes couldn't help him win. :lol2:

d. San's recommendation that Peanut becomes admin.

Saddest moment - when San sent me a request to join a chat with certain other evil board members and they forced me to become one of them.

"Forced me to become one of them". LIES!!!!!

e. Peanut's first time as a new admin (Lord help us). A new player was rushing or cursing, can't really remember. Peanut permanently banned him for reason: 0 :lol2:

f. Max keeps wall pouncing on the side road bridge on Sacrifice map 2, and I keep killing him with the AWP.

g. Chick "accidentally" permanently banned Peanut.

h. On a game where they clearly had 10-20 defibs, but the server only said less than that. Lol. (Correct me on the number if I'm wrong.)

i. Won the kill tainted contest with a death charge on blood harvest finale. Gave the reward to Elias and betrayed me again and again with his high pounces. <_<

j. Won the kill looney contest, but was ineligible for the reward as previous winners can't win. :bang:

Sad funny one: Early months into the server. The only admin that I know of a at that time was Maestro playing at map 3 of The Parish, didn't quite know the full rules yet so I kept spamming the bot vocals and Maestro ended up kicking me. :lol2:

Sad funny one: Map 3 of Dark Carnival at the coaster event. I was not yet a member, and Lookback kicked me out as I was hogging the specs slots at that time when afking in the specs was not auto-kicked by the server.

7. What song reminds you of GC?

- Duck Tales theme song. In my early months of the server, if we survive the finale it gets played and I'm not quite sure who plays it. :lol2:

8. What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?

- Too personal to put on here for real life goal but I'll just say that I hope to get this ordeal resolved by the end of 2018. L4D2 goal is to slowly improve AWP skills, there are times I'm good at that but mostly average to below average. Deadstopping hunters, I get lucky mostly but not all the time, if only my internet doesn't lag spike all the time. Improve high pouncing as well, as Soosage keeps saying I keep getting baby pounces. And trying to perfect ceiling high pounces, which many new players consider hacking.

Edited by Yortz
  • Like 7

Ya know, Meng is trying to do a nice thing here despite the trolls and idiots. Maybe you wanna try again, or maybe you should just not post anymore as well. Grow up, you and your buddies.

not sure which answers you think are me trolling but the only one is the song lol, the rest is truth. if i meant to make this a troll post i didn't do a very good job of it. 

• Like 1

not sure which answers you think are me trolling but the only one is the song lol, the rest is truth. if i meant to make this a troll post i didn't do a very good job of it. 

The best part about all of this is that they think they are fooling people. I love it. Its just so sad to watch that it eventually becomes funny.

Aside from the peanut gallery's snide comments, lets get on to this post.

1. Sometime back in 2013 I found out about this server from Jimn, many of you probably don't remember him, and I've been here ever since then, on and off.

2. Can't exactly remember my first day on GC but I do remember my first month or so. I was actually banned for cheating, as was my buddy Jimn. However, we came in in a respectable manner and with a good attitude and "our case" was looked at by the admins. Afterwards, we patiently awaited their decision, be it good or bad. Evidently it was good because low and behold, look who is speaking now, even if Jimn is no longer around.

3. Well aside from Jimn, and even if many of you aren't exactly too keen about her, my best friend, and probably still is, on the server had to be Charon. Say what you want about her, but she is the one who kept me around the longest out of anyone else. I probably wouldn't have stayed and made more friends if it wasn't for her. Sadly, many of you only knew of her gaming side. She was a really great friend, even if she would get mad at you.

4. Mostly what keeps me coming back to play is the community that we have here, minus the merry band of misfits that is on their way out currently. These servers try to keep all the toxicity that is the L4D2 community out. That is what I love most about these servers and what brings me back to this server more than any other.

5. GC has showed me humility. For a long time I thought I was pretty good at the game, until I met Swatfishy and a handful of other one man armies like General. As much as I liked to try, I just couldn't seem to top them, so I finally admitted defeat and left it at the fact that they are just better than I could ever be.

6. Some of the fondest memories of GC that I have are when no one knew that hunters were so dangerous, except maybe those one many armies. When me and Jimn joined, after our ban and a few other events, everyone started looking and waiting for hunters at all times. Sure it was bound to happen at some point but I remember how me and Jimn helped that idea along very rapidly. As for sad ones, I have plenty, but none I would really care to share.

7. Don't particularly have any song that reminds me of GC because I never listen to music when I play L4D2, I just focus on the sounds of the game.

8. My goal next year is to finish my contractor work and be hired on as a full time employee of Rolls Royce Nuclear. As for L4D2, I should probably get better at looking at the chat and seeing when people need points. I tend to miss those crucial requests quite often.

• Like 9

1. When and how did you find out about GC? And which game did/do you play on? How long have you been gaming on GC overall?

I bought the game some years ago, but I was busy with other games. Some how, one day I decided that I wanted something different and I installed the game (that was exactly 1 year ago). I started to play multiplayer in many servers, but no one in specific. After some time, I realized that I often tried to look for GC, and in January I started to play regularly. As mentioned before, I also got tired of being kicked and decided to buy the membership in June. 

2. Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you.

I'm not sure if I can remember exactly how the first days were, but it was difficult for me to manage with the intensity of the game when there were many regular players online; furthermore I had no idea about the commands, so I didn't use or send points; it made me feel nervous. Also I had to learn the server rules by the hard way, but nowadays it's clear to me why these rules exist and how useful they are; this server wouldn't be the same without the current rules. I used to die fast, didn't play in team, but I have learned slowly  to change that

3. Tell me about friends you have made while playing our servers and what roles did they have into making you have fun gaming in general.

I consider the whole community in general as friends, because the attitude of each person and each member is always good, and it makes that we can talk with each other with confidence

Definitively the people. Almost each day is a new story with funny facts and funny talks; even if I don't speak too much, many of your messages make me laugh; there's no server where I enjoy the game as I do here. Maybe I am one of the newest members (not even 1 year here), so I wonder how many great moments you've had through the years, and I want that those moments keep going on

As you may know, I'm not from USA or UK, so english is not my mother language, but through the time it has become easier to understand what you say in voice chat, anyways sometimes I know you're talking to me and receive no answer back, but it's not because I don't wanna answer, but I couldn't understand... what I wanted to say is that playing here forces me to speak english better, which I need for future goals, and it has been succesful so far, so I considered to put that fact here (I will make some changes with the sound configuration). Furthermore, playing here taught me to take thigs easier; there's no need to feel angry or stressed without true reasons

6. What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?

Sad one: I got banned in my first days by using bad language. I was shocked then because I saw no reason, but after reading the rules it became clear to me. It won't be a problem anymore

Funny ones: the hunter high pounces training with Soosage when the server is empty... ooh and that crazy round with 28 defibs (I saw the video and counted it, because I joined at half round and wanted to know how many defibs were made and to see how the round had been before I joined

Sometimes I think in "When The Saints Go Marching In", that song of the jukebox that sounds in the first chapter of the Parish, because I think it goes perfect wwith the moment. Not another one, I don't listen music while playing because I don't pay attention for what you're saying

8. What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?

I hope the next year I will finish with my university studies; it has been hard to get a place there and even harder to stay, and after 5 years the goal is too close to be reached, that's the reason why I had to stop playing the last 5-6 weeks, but responsabilities are first. Also I'm learning german, which has been another hard task that consumes many of my time and energy, but I expect to certificate german and english next year

About things to work in L4D2, there are a lot to improve yet: High pounces wth hunters, a better use of tank (I don't like to be given the tank beacuse I often die very fast), sending points faster, go back and help if needed, and the list continues

Edited by Keisuke
  • Like 7

#3 - I know you and your buddies talk crap about admins and I don't believe for a minute all the stuff you say about Merc is sincere. You're constantly mocking him.

#5 - Apparently you didn't "grow" much as a player since you were using @ commands specifically to troll people. That's why I had to disable more stuff for EVERYBODY. A case of the few ruining crap for the many.

#6 - Didn't this get you banned before? Also, thanks for bringing up again the guts thing, and that you knew you were playing with a banned person. 

#8 - I don't know how you can honestly expect to ever become a board member. First you'd have to become an admin, which I sincerely doubt would never get approved by the other admins. Second, as an admin you'd have to go above and beyond and provide something meaningful to the community that we couldn't live without. Frankly, I think the community would be a better place if some people just gave up and didn't come back. 

• Like 6

So this is my first post ever, bear with me.

--When and how did you find out about GC? And which game did/do you play on? How long have you been gaming on GC overall?

I can't remember exactly when I found out about GC. 

--Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you.

10v10 was a whole new experience honestly, I had mostly done campaigns forever and a few friends only versus every now and then. Coming into GC, it was busy and extremely hectic. I wasn't used to the text that floods in the chat at all so I missed most of the helpful tips that show up occasionally. But one person did offer up a bit of help telling me a command to type and "help the team". It was "!sp meng all", no !buy or !heal, just send Meng all my points I'd ever earn lol. The next map the one command I knew didn't work because he was no longer on my team so I quit out. But after I left I received a friend request from that nerd Meng, and he helped me with all the commands and binds and so I came back to GC to try it some more.

--Tell me about friends you have made while playing our servers and what roles did they have into making you have fun gaming in general.

Honestly, when I started out as "Flower" I wasn't really interested in knowing anyone or attempting to talk. I tend to keep to myself, but listening to the community laugh and have small talk while they played was nice to hear even when I wasn't a part of it. After awhile however, I did get to meet a great few who I adore to bits and they've helped me come out my shell.

--What keeps you coming back to play GC?

The people. I honestly wouldn't have given GC a second glance if someone didn't didn't offer to help me, and continuing to befriend others really cemented my want to stay. But I also enjoy coming back just to try become better than average, I still have a long way to go, but watching how everyone plays and learning from them is an experience in itself.

--How has GC affected you as a person, whether big or small, share about it.

In small ways it's helped me to be less shy and opened me up to new friendships. 

--What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?

Uh, memories, alright. 

A funny memory, is right after I finally learned how to navigate the buy menu. All I did was spend my points on medkits to constantly heal others, since I wasn't a good shot yet, that's all I thought I could contribute. I had just bought probably my 4th one when I tried to heal someone in what I now know was a bad spot. We got charged into a corner of spit and the person got upset in the voice chat asking, "why would I heal them there". So I panicked and left the game. ;-; okay so that one is more embarrassing.

--What song reminds you of GC?

The Heavy - Short Change Hero

If you've played Borderlands 2, you already know it. 

--What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?

I'd like to become better with hunters, and probably do the "kai pounce" everyone tells me I should learn. Also learning more about how to properly throw rocks instead of hitting majority trees would be a good thing. A personal goal would probably be, take more risks. Maybe I'll try skydiving, but baby steps first. 

Edited by reina
  • Like 8

When did I find out about GC I don’t really remember, but my older sibling made me play l4d2 and play infected I was scared poopless lol. Since then i’ve been gaming on GC for at least 2 years. Otherwise I was on and off when playing in the GC servers.

Ahaha, my very first day on GC was the funniest. I had no clue what to do, I didn’t even know how to use the !buy menu. Plus like every new noobie I was rushing to get to the safe room. It wasn’t until then I got kicked out for rushing. I didn't learn from that and got kicked out a couple of times xD

The first few months I kept to myself, I didn’t want to add anybody, or talk to anyone. The only thing I ever wrote in game was !sp, !buy, !np, and !tp. It wasn’t after a few people added me and I got to know them well. I've made some amazing friends on here and they duh best. A shout out to Joda, Flower, Woof, Rhineford, Shaf and maybe Nieve (LOL) but also some other people I've made friends that were my other homies made me laugh a lot and I learned how to play better from them. Ya know who you are. Thanks for everything. What roles did they have into making me have fun in game. Well they yell at me and when i’m doing good in game they tell me that i’m throwing, so thats always fun lol xD but just them being in game makes it worth it and thats why its fun.

I keep coming back to GC because of the friends i’ve made and to just have fun. Whether my team is losing or winning. I’ll always still have fun. Even if it means i have to carry them with my horrible aim.

GC has made me open my eyes that you can make friends online and still have a good time with them.

6.What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?

I have so many memories in GC, they are mostly funny ones not sad. There was a time I used my mic and I said Hi, and people were sooooo shocked that I was finally using mic in game. Yeah, so i won’t use my mic after that. Catch me in discord :D

7.What song reminds you of GC?

Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

8.What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?

My goal is to start getting back into my photography work after taking a long break. For l4d2 I want to work on getting better at playing hunters. I wanna do them ceiling pounces ya know.

• Like 6

Like a lot of people, I ended up finding GC through the server browser option in L4D2. Been playing here for three years now as of July 2014.

2. Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you,

Well, I had played L4D2 for several years prior to switching to PC. But had never touched versus in all that time. It just didn’t appeal to me. As mentioned above, I found GC entirely by accident via the server browser. Like most newbies I had no clue what I was doing, or that the buy menu existed, etc. It was a little rough overall, but eventually I started picking up on commands people kept typing and tried it myself. Tada! Buy menu discovered! Boy, did that make my life a lot easier! Playing the infected was still pretty rough. I wasn’t very helpful to my team, and didn’t do a lot of good. But hey, first time infected player, so could have been worse I suppose lol. But overall, the community was pretty friendly and helpful. Within about a week of playing I had the essential stuff from the buy menu down. And Meng helped me work out key binds. I had become so addicted to playing on GC (as a non member) that someone anonymously bought me a membership a couple months in :D

Oh man, where do I even start with this? I’ve made a lot of great friends here over the years, some of which sadly no longer play or who vanished without a trace. But I find myself playing when those friends are on, versus when they’re not. The vast majority of them are better players than myself (in my opinion, at least lol). And I always find it a fun challenge to try to target them or pick on them. Then of course there are the select few who are always the target of my rocket jockeys just because I know it annoys them :D

My friends. While I do enjoy playing on the server, and most of the community is actually very friendly, there are a select few who make things toxic sometimes, or who know how to ruin a game for their teammates. So generally I just stick to playing with friends when they’re around so I’m less likely to become frustrated or rage lol ._.

Believe it or not, I’m actually a very shy person, especially in real life; painfully so, in fact. Social interactions with me tend to be super awkward and are usually a source of stress. But I’ve found that I’ve come out of my shell a bit since I’ve started playing on GC, especially when it comes to talking to others. Using my mic isn’t something I would have thought I’d be doing when I first started playing, but now I’m probably one of those annoying people that turns into a chatterbox at the most obnoxious moments and that my teammates would like to tell to shut up >o>

Aside from the hilarious late night 2v2 Dark Carnival round that lead to me becoming pretty close friends with Clony, I think one of the funniest memories to date has to be me accidentally killing someone with a spitter on Hard Rain map 4. They were coming out of the saferoom and standing on the railing that my spitter was crouched on. And I just so happened to time my spit perfectly when they jumped over, and it launched them into the air. Instant death on impact with the ground! I giggled so hard afterwards that I was in tears, and everyone else was so confused about what happened.

I have absolutely no idea. I don’t listen to music when I play L4D either. I have hearing problems as is, and rely too much on hearing SI so I can avoid and/or shoot them :P

My current goal for next year is to have myself a new gaming laptop (or desktop; either at this rate), since my current laptop is showing signs of age and struggles with games (L4D2 was on max settings for example, but now I’m forced to play with everything on low). Long story short, I’m unable to work a normal job due to multiple health problems, and therefore money is a hard-to-come-by thing for me. I’ve managed to raise half the money I need so far (in 6 months, since April of this year), but still have the other half to go. As far as something I want to better myself at in L4D2, it’s definitely my tank-playing skills. I’m such a bad tank rofl. Even though I have my moments and surprise myself, most of the time I get melted and only live for a few seconds :c

• Like 7

Hello it’s meng, I’m one of the GC admins for our Left 4 Dead 2 servers. For the month of December I will be hosting a forum event for nonmembers and members to participate in. I want you guys to write up a response to my following questions. Admins and Board Members aren’t able to win but are encouraged to write their own responses. Also any alt accounts and banned players aren’t able to win as well.

There will be up to 4 winners, I will choose the 3 I enjoy reading the most and I will then choose from those that haven’t been chosen by me to be set in a lottery to see who the last winner will be and then I will have one of our board members help me reward said players that won.

Please link your steam profile and steam ID on the top of your post to make it easier to reward.

**This forum event will end on December 23rd, 2017 at 11:59PM CST.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/turtlespeak/

STEAM_0:0:8214354

I can’t remember when I first found about GC, but I came across it when another 10v10 server had disappeared. I played L4D2 the most on GC, very short time on our CSGO server.. Overall I’ve been on GC somewhere under 10 years, I can’t really remember exactly.

I can’t remember my very first day but my first month I’m pretty sure was hectic, it was a lot simpler back then with our buy menu and there was no sending points. Also there was instant spawning special infected which made a lot of the easy chokes that we can pass through now much more difficult back then. Which was rage inducing but also very fun and entertaining. Lots of good memories of back then and to now I’d say.

I’ve made countless friends through playing here. Many of whom no longer play L4D2 but it’s fine, it was good memories while they lasted. Some of whom no longer login steam in general which is saddening but makes you wonder and hope that they are still doing well in life wherever they may be. Friends that had gotten me games that we could play through together and beat. And those that send me invites to play on GC when there’s room, especially during the days that even with membership, you could not kick someone out. I also have half a mind to block Jelly and Grill for spamming me invites to play all the time when I’m busy. I wasn’t a member for much of my early time here until one of my oldest steam friends had gotten me my first membership so that I was able to play more often during the busy hours without being kicked. And throughout my time here I feel grateful for what’s been given to me, especially when I wasn’t able to get it myself  and definitely will try to be worthy of gifts from friends.

It’s definitely the people that keep me coming back. I’ve taken my fair share of breaks from GC, times I’ve been gone for a few months and was always happy to come back to see new and old faces in L4D2. I remember the times when even Jelly was kicked for membership slots. After playing the versus here, I just couldn’t play campaigns no more, just felt too empty for me. Our buy system while not unique with all the other ones that are still around, just feels right to me, even if I was gone for awhile. It took me a long time to figure out how to bind anything when I first started too. The maps may be overplayed and it’s the same A to B scene ingame all the time, but that’s not what makes it so enjoyable. From just helping new players or having one player you’re just able to buddy up with to make an unstoppable duo. It feels great, and I’ve only felt that way in so few other games that have multiplayers in them besides GC.

GC’s allowed me to be able to help people ingame or even out of game,whether that be teaching them the rules or binds or just listening to their story and what’s important to them that isn’t game related. It’s not made me realize but it’s strengthened the idea that, no matter how much time we put to gaming, we still have a very busy life behind the screen. And are at different points in our lives. So it’s best to be kind and helpful to everyone when you can because you are never sure what’s happening for them. Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone is to just invite them to come play a game that you both share. Nothing beats good company.

There’s too many to actually name but I can recall from the time before I was an admin and my team left me behind, when Madvillain was still shooting it up in L4D2. And he said over the mic, “you’re leaving your best player behind” which was me, who was left behind and dying out. That was also early on in my time here and that was definitely nice to hear from someone. A funny memory or more so situations ingame was, when we could suicide a charger when we charged someone midair. It ended in many deaths before that was fixed, definitely fun though. We could at the time just charge someone and suicide midair to drop the survivor to their doom. Sad ones, are definitely when I’m left to die. Sadder now since we can send points too.

The song that reminds me of GC at the moment is by Drowning Pool called Bodies.

A goal of mine for next year would be to possibly go out of the US once to visit somewhere and see some new scenery. And for L4D2 I’d want to be able to Kai or ceiling pounce and at least do one successful one on a moving survivor.

I'm not good in english so i do my best 

1.- Basically I found it in a Youtube video of l4d2, just play that game.I have been playing for 2 months now and i want to continue playing it much longer.

2.- My first game in a GC server was very bad, i had a lot of lag but I knew more or less how it was played, how to do the ghost jump and send points, because i spente whole nights watching videos of a guy who posted videos of hours playing l4d2. I was a little excited to be on a server where they did not leave you.

3.- Unfortunately I have not made friends but I would like to meet people :D

4.- The good atmosphere, and the most important thing is the desire of not leave anyone behind.

5.- It has made me less shy trying to talk people, because online or in real life I'm very shy, I would like to stop being but with people who have my hobbies and these would be a good oportunity.

6.- In the short time I have played the fun experiences have been that on one occasion everyone changed the nickname to look like mine, it was epic. I would like to continue creating new experiences.

7.- I do not listen to songs while I play but this reminds me when they are about to kill me or fail with the charger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulVcj7y0Pv0

8.- My goals for the next year are to become better to play l4d2 and buy a good pc, because the 13 fps are not very good to say. Also have friends and have fun moments.

Sorry I used google to help me a little xD 

• Like 7

Alright, I was planning on posting this much later you know; but screw it, I'll complete my post while this thread is still hot. Here's a heads up though: I like to write alot ;)

Believe it or not, I didn't start playing L4D2 on PC. My background of playing this game goes back as far as L4D in 2008 on Xbox 360. I remember when my cousin visited my house to sleep over, and he brought the original L4D game with him. He was the one who introduced the L4D series to me. I was so fascinated by the zombie-horror apocalypse-theme due to how scary the first few experiences were for me (mostly because of my first encounters with the witch and tank), and how there were even multiple types of special infected. I remember being so amazed that you could even play from the Infected side because many games would have the player only play from the perspective of the zombie killers. 

Fast forward to November 2009: I bought L4D2 one week after it first came out because I was that much of a fan of this series. I couldn't play Versus mode online though because I didn't have Xbox Live yet, so I'd have myself practice this game-mode by playing split-screen on Versus mode offline where I could play survivors on one controller and my sister/cousin/or myself play on the other controller. I'd also watch multiple Youtube clips (Criken2 and darksydephil; anyone else remember those L4D Youtubers several years ago?) and see footage of other players playing Versus mode, especially watching from the perspective of the infected side. I also remember watching some clips of 10v10 games dating as early back as 2009, and the 12-year old player in me wanted to experience playing in these servers dating as far back as 2009 (little did I know then that this would eventually come to reality several years later, that I'd end up playing on these servers for multiple years, and that I'd even be STREAMING it too).  Anyways, watching these clips was a good way for me to use Versus tactics and ambushes that I would later use when I eventually played online. I'd play Versus mode for the first time ever a month later when I got Xbox Live 12-month membership for Christmas. I was hooked playing this game online ever since then.

Fast forward to the summer of 2014: At this point, I've already played in multiple L4D/2 groups, and I've had plenty of fun with them. However, all of them would eventually drift apart or stop playing so I'd spend those previous 2 years trying to play Versus mode by myself for the majority of that time. The problem was that I couldn't even play L4D2 online that often on my Xbox 360 because I kept lagging really badly. Yes, I even lagged frequently as early back as late-2012. The gameplay with the horrible lag was so unplayable that I had to stop playing L4D2 as often as I did in my earliest years. I almost quit playing this game multiple times, but I never gave up hope of playing L4D2 completely.

As I said earlier, I realized how much I still wanted to play L4D2 Versus in June 2014. However, because I was unable to do this on my Xbox 360 without lagging horribly, I knew I had to play on a different system (which ended up being on the computer/PC). That wasn't all though. At this point, I suddenly became more interested than I ever was before in finally getting the chance to play 10v10 Versus. I remember making my Steam account (mostly because my high school friends told me to make one so that I could play with them) a year earlier, but I never actually played a game on there. I began installing L4D2 that month, and I'd have myself play Versus mode for a few hours because I was aware that it wouldn't be a good idea to start playing on a 10v10 server when I had no clue how to use the PC controls. I had to spend some time transitioning myself from a former Xbox player to a new PC player. Once I was finished with this short task, I eventually tried searching for a 10v10 server that I've been wanting to play for a long time.

This brings me to the first part of the question: No, I didn't find out about GC before I first joined. I discovered it myself after searching for a 10v10 server. I'd actually find myself playing on a few servers like this on my first month, but the GC 10v10 server appealed to me the most. I joined GC for the first time in June 2014, which means that I've been playing here for 3 years-and-a-half; and I've had plenty of fond memories on here since then.

I remember my first day on here. I joined on the 4th chapter of Blood Harvest (one of the crappy maps). I think I played on the survivor round first because I remember pressing the bot vocals multiple times, and I recall that I wasn't the only one doing it. Shortly after this, I heard a voice that would eventually become a familiar sound on here to this very day; it was Maestro's voice. He was telling us to stop pressing the buttons for the bot vocals because it was considered to be spamming. I knew right away that I shouldn't be doing this since it was against the rules. I also learned soon after that cursing, rushing, griefing, intentionally stacking, making naughty sprays, etc, were all against the rules. Overall, I had a decent experience on my first day here. I didn't get myself kicked or banned, I learned how to use the !buy menu along with the rest of the exclusive GC features eventually, and I've obviously came back to play more GC games since then; so everything turned out well for me at least. 

Some of you might not remember this, but I didn't become a member here right away. I played on here for several months as a non-member. Yes, you heard me. I played as a non-member on GC for my first SEVERAL MONTHS. I used to be that guy who kept getting kicked out of the server by other members due to no membership. I think the reason why I was stubborn not to get a membership myself is because I didn't think it was that necessary for me to spend some money just so that I can play in general. It wasn't until March 2015 that I finally became a GC member, so my long streak (going back as early as June 2014) of struggling to stay and play as a non-member finally came to end. I think Pump was the one who gave me the membership in March 2015. Who knows, maybe it was someone else; but I have a good feeling it was him. No worries though, I've bought my memberships myself starting on the following year.

Another note that I'd like to add is that I used to be so determined to not buy a laser at all for almost my first 3 years here. I'd only use them whenever they spawned in the map. The only exception I made on buying a laser was when I originally had a weapon that had laser-sights (which were found in the level) but lost it when I picked up another version of the same weapon or picked up a superior weapon. The reason why I was so hell-bent on not buying laser sights was because of multiple reasons. I never felt the need to add something to my assault rifles going back as early as my Xbox 360 days. I thought it was kinda lazy to just have a red dot do all the aiming for you instead of your eyes without the laser sights. I thought it was more impressive killing a special infected (especially if it was far away) without using lasers. I didn't think it was that necessary to buy a laser sight in order to be a strong player, and I also wanted to prove that you could do well without using them at all.

The problem was that no matter how many good rounds I had without using a laser sight, whatever success I had without them was ignored. I was always going to be viewed as a "rookie" or looked down upon for not buying a laser sight. I remember I finally snapped out of my no-laser dedication last March when someone described me as a player who plays like a rookie. That's when I gave up and started buying laser sights. I started doing that several months ago, and that hasn't stopped since then. Although on hindsight, I'm kinda glad I started buying them. It used to be a major headache attempting to kill a special infected without using a laser sight, and it usually took me more effort just to shoot my targets; so I guess buying them worked out well for me too. I can thank that anonymous person for making me snap for the better. One thing is for certain though: I sure as hell am not using binds anytime soon. I mean it though. I can definitely live without using them on the server.

I made several friends, and I've managed to get along with several players on the server. Many of them I chat with on the Discord voice chat channel, or on the text page. There's even some others that I've private messaged on Steam, and those that I occasionally communicate with on my Twitch chat channel. I appreciate those friends along with the other friendly people on GC for attempting to make my experience in the servers fun for me, and for being patient with me even when I feel frustrated for whatever reason. They know exactly who they are. I have Red Devil to thank for being the one to help me learn how to improve myself as a player in the server, such as learning how to curve while I'm flying as a hunter. I have Shaf to thank for making me play full games during a time in summer 2015 when I spent most of my time playing on the empty server because he told me that I'd become a stronger player by doing this. He was right. Starting in August 2015, I saw myself get stronger as a player. If I were to grade myself overall as a player now, I'd give myself a B+ that can be an A- when I'm really on point with my accuracy.

I'd also like to take the time to talk about this anonymous person. I remember my first friendly interactions with this said individual, which dates back as early as January 2015. We've been in really good terms for years now, and I'm hoping that this doesn't change anytime soon because that's a big fear of mine; especially with some changes that have been taking place recently. I won't reveal the identity of this friendly person, so that anonymous individual has nothing to be afraid of. However, I will say that he/she was feeling at a low point earlier this year; and I comforted that person over on the phone even while he/she was at work. This is the only GC member that has my phone number. I have great respect for this person, and at this point, I know this individual has great respect for me too. Fast forward to today in December, and I'm happy to say that this friendly person is doing much better with one's life because of some positive changes that's occurred since then, so I want this individual to know (if you're reading this) that I had your support before in the past and I'll continue to support you along with those positive influences of yours myself if you ever feel like you need it. I'll always be there for you mi comprade :)

For the record to those of you that I am often hard on in the server (and they probably know who they are), I don't hate any of you personally. That'd be silly of me because I'm sure that you are all cool people outside of the game. We might be in one community that comprises of different people who have various opinions, intentions, gameplay, attitudes, etc. but I consider all of you to be family (and that includes those that I'm usually tough on). Just like families, there are going to be conflicts; and just like families, we're all in this together. Hopefully, you all understand that for future references and that I made this clear for you already. 

There are plenty of factors that keep me coming back to play GC. For one, I like playing with fun players/people on the server that entertain me with the occasional banter. I definitely enjoy killing special infected because there is just something about doing this that is addicting and satisfying for me. I also enjoy Twitch streaming while I play on the server, especially while I voice chat with some friends of mine on Discord in mid-game. Believe it or not, I also enjoy playing on Infected too; but only when I earn tons of points or do plenty of damage on the survivors or both ;)

a .How has GC affected you as a person, whether big or small, share about it.

GC has affected me in the sense that I can make my voice be heard when I don't say much in chat, or even anything verbally in-game at all. It's also allowed me to be more helpful to newer players who actually want to learn more about the server, who actually are willing to help out the team, and who actually are willing to follow the rules. It's also still affecting me in a way that I'm still learning to strengthen my tolerance for any pet peeves I have.

b. What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?

I'll just start out with some "sad" ones, such as dying early for whatever reason, inadvertently getting the team killed, getting kicked for whatever reason, being banned 3 times this year because of wrongdoings, disappointing a respected member for whatever reason, lagging horribly time-to-time, losing internet/network connection, failing some Infected attacks, failing as a tank, frustrating other members for whatever reason, being targeted on by multiple players on the infected team (especially by charger players, chain charges, chain smokes, and chain pounces) etc. Now that I got the bad stuff out of the way, here are my good parts :)

Fond memories I have while playing on here includes: Winning a membership last year by coming in 2nd place in the Killing Peanut competition, recently ranking up in the Top 10 of the server just last week after playing here for 3+ years, killing 96 Special Infected WITHOUT using lasers, earning my top record of killing 125 Special Infected in a 43 minute round last June, having 20+ successful rock hits, etc.

My personal fond memories I have from the GC community is the support and well wishes some of you gave me when I graduated high school over 2 years ago, and when my sister graduated high school earlier this year. I appreciate that coming from you folks :)

Keisuke, on 02 Dec 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

Funny ones: the hunter high pounces training with Soosage when the server is empty... ooh and that crazy round with 28 defibs (I saw the video and counted it, because I joined at half round and wanted to know how many defibs were made and to see how the round had been before I joined

Oh, you mean THIS classic round that I also just happened to be streaming on Twitch live? It's my favorite gem out of the highlights I have ;)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154017777

c. What song reminds you of GC?

I like this song, and I believe it fits the GC community along with the L4D2 game really well. I recommend you to give this a listen. The title is E for Extinction by Thousand Foot Krutch :D

v. What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?

My personal goals include surviving my tough classes for next year, and successfully paying for them too. Another goal I'd like to accomplish next year is to find a way to get my mic working again because it hasn't been ever since I moved to my new house here over 2 months ago. Others were able to hear me talk in-game before I moved, but now they can't hear me talk at all again. This is something that I really want to take care of soon enough. I'd like to strengthen my tolerance for any pet peeves I have, and to control myself more in the game. I'd like to make to make it to the end of next year without once going through the slammer unlike this year. Another goal I'd like to accomplish is to send points quicker than I currently do, and to be quicker with my aim on shooting the Special Infected. I'd also like to find a way to eliminate the black graphics that block the Twitch screen in my footage while I stream the game. Finally, I'd like to improve on my Charger attacks since I already feel good about my gameplay as a Boomer and as a Hunter.

Wow, this was long. Here's another one of my classic FUN FACTS, everyone: Writing all this fun crap down took me more time than I did writing each of my first 3 Papers for History of Civilization :D

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 9

1. I came to the GC on May 2014. I found out L4D2 was free to download so I did. It was my 1st PC game. After finishing playing it, my friend suggested to play on servers, which I had no idea what they were. That's how I found out about GC servers. 

2. Since I was a newb to the whole servers thing, i had no idea what they were capable of. I didn't know how well they can be customized. My 1st day was horrible, I remember rushing and was told not to rush...to be honest, I didn't know what rushing meant, lol (totally a newb). I also remember getting INcapped and mae keeps telling other players to leave me if I can't use points! (Grr!) Haha.  I didn't know there was such thing as points on a server, it was cool to find out how much a server can be customized! Moving forward I got my 1st ban by the turbo, this was wrong of him since he was supposed to kick me - not ban me (i wasn't given any warnings). I got banned for cursing at the bots...lmao, they were really annoying, gosh. But though mistakes, I learned a lot. :)

3. I met some really friendly people. I like the small talks and poking fun at each other, its something nice! Haha

4. People are generally friendly here. Honestly, this is the only game i have downloaded.....HAHA, so it's my only option. xD

5. Playing on the GC server helped me a lot of times. I was once in a very dark place and going there, talking to people and playing made me feel better even if it's a little. It's my escape when I'm not doing well in the real world.

6. Everytime I go on the servers, its always fun. There was this one game remember very clearly. My team was good but the other team had all the high lvl players, so to stop them we basically had 100s of dangerous witches, haha, it was funny to see how many times the other team had to defib. xD

7. This is hard...hmm, the song I would say is Gangnam style..lol, because it's fun and surprising. 

8. For next year, I want to become a better person than this year. For GC, maybe try to apply for being an admin? :) I want to get better at tanks. ;_; 

Edited by ituly
  • Like 2

http://steamcommunity.com/id/IdleGC - STEAM_1:1:41916233

December 2013 when Left 4 Dead 2 was free to download on Christmas. I looked on GameTracker for a populated U.S. L4D2 server and have only played on these two servers regularly ever since. Took some time off before coming back recently and finally becoming a member.

I remember when I first started, I got singled out by Maestro adamantly encouraging me to use points and server commands. I picked up the commands and rules soon afterwards.

Maestro and Mercman have always been around before I took some time off and when I returned. They maintain order in the server and their dedication is often underappreciated.

Sense of community and nostalgia. When I played Left 4 Dead, I mainly went on this one server and played 18-player extreme co-op. Before that, my cousin and I used to play a lot of versus 10v10 to pass the time in middle/high school. Good times.

I took a break from playing L4D2 as well as other games, social media and countless other time-sinks to focus more on myself and academics. But as my undergraduate degree is coming to a close soon, I figured I'd relax this final semester with only a 12-credit load and classes scheduled only two days a week, two of which I don't bother attending.

One thing I remember clearly was the end of The Hotel in Dead Center, it was only me and Clony shooting out the saferoom door with our SMGs. I remember frantically typing !sp commands out listening to Clony's callouts to try and save our downed comrades.

It's more bittersweet than sad, but I wish I was around instead of taking a long break from playing. I could've maintained friendships throughout the past years until now, but instead I feel like a new player again. I remember General being the top fragger/player, Charon always asking for finale skips, I think Joda even sent me a video of him singing over Steam. Every time I try to force myself to stop wasting time playing video games, I always end up coming back. Gaming has always been a constant in my life, familiarity and nostalgia just keeps bringing me back.

I've had this addon ever since I installed Left 4 Dead 2 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=218778758). Every time I load Left 4 Dead, open the developer console and type "openserverbrowser", head over to favorites where I have both gamrs.co servers saved before joining, these Shaun of the Dead songs always play before I join.

[utube]HgzGwKwLmgM[/utube]

Get an entry level position in the industry ASAP. I'm graduating this month and it's been discouraging applying and getting rejected from companies. In-game, being a better shot and SI, especially as a tank.

Edited by Idle
  • Like 3

im here peanut owo (actually just playing destiny 2)

@clony

you and jimn pretty much taught/ inspired the server to wall pounce - you guys deserve a lot of credit for keeping the game fresh for me

also there is basically no situation where I would want you replaced if you were on my team :)

2. any old guard here remember jykri (sp?). first thing i remember about GC was her yelling at me for not know how to use points rofl. i'm 95% sure meng was in this game too and told her to go easy on me :)

3. met mechanicaL in an overwatch comp game (season 1, ~low diamond) thought that was amusing. he was the OG #1 when I started

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

When and how did you find out about GC? And which game did/do you play on? How long have you been gaming on GC overall?

I first made my steam account in early 2015 and my first steam game was L4D2. One of my pals recommended this server to me cause she played on it (*cough* Ramen). I was a non-member for about six months before I bought a membership around November - December 2015 and actually started to play.

Share about your very first day on GC or just your first month or so, how did it go? Whether good or bad, let’s hear it from you.

My first month on GC was hectic. I played probably four single player campaign games then joined into versus where it was fast-paced and stressful at times. I played under the name Tinky(didn’t care about my name at the time). I remember one time when I joined incapped and Dixie was like “oh my, tinky is incapped” then she laughed cause she couldn’t take my name serious. Also remember getting yelled at by Maestro a lot, which has subsided since I regularly come on once in a while.

Tell me about friends you have made while playing our servers and what roles did they have into making you have fun gaming in general.

Didn’t know many people before I started playing so it was a very new environment for me. For that, I rarely played more than once or twice a week. I entered the server at times and one day, someone started talking to me on their mic and eventually added me on steam, along with another buddy. At the time, I was a noob hunter and I sucked at skeeting. I think I had the potential to become a better player, so my buddy had a server that we practiced hunting/skeeting/leveling chargers/ceiling pouncing on. Little did I know, I would become a player who can actually skeet boomers/hunters and hunter/ceiling pounce. So, big thanks to Shaf and Nieve for reaching out and making me a better player. Over time, I met more people on the server and eventually played long enough to see familiar faces on the server.

What keeps you coming back to play GC?

The people for sure. It’s always fun and competitive playing with people you know in the server.

How has GC affected you as a person, whether big or small, share about it.

If you make a fool out of yourself, life goes on. Remember this well.  :prplwacko: 

What are some fond memories that you can recall on while playing games on GC servers? Any funny ones? Any sad ones?

I’ll give ya guys a lot to remember.

I remember deadstopping Elias on map 3 of Dead Air as my first deadstop in GC. His comment was “Alright, I’ll give you that.” ;).
I also remember people would sit on the car on the final map of Dead Center and wait for hunters, me being one of them, before we couldn’t do it anymore. Same with the final map of Carni.
I think there was this one time when Carlos argued with me about me switching to his team on the server. That was when I met, Carlos.
I remember when I was a noob at tank and on map 2 of parish, the tank spawned and meng told me to break the glass. I had no idea what he meant but then he showed me after I died as a tank to break the glass whenever a tank spawns. Thanks meng.
I remember learning how to use an awp after Shaf telling me how to use it. Days later, Elias told me to put the awp away.
On map 3 of center, I did a ceiling pounce on someone and nieve was like “ayy lmao”
I remember when Ramen was learning hunter(and still learning) and trying to pounce me off buildings. Nope, not today.
I remember when ‘Flower’ was the new person in gc, and I told her that she would become a great player someday after playing a lil bit more. She can skeet boomers now o_O.

The list can go on but then you’ll be in all day reading my post.

What song reminds you of GC?

Cause everyone wants to be the very best?  :hihi: 

What is a goal you want to accomplish next year? And for those who play L4D2, what is something you want to work on getting better at in the game?

My inital goal is teaching/encouraging new players (like soosage and ramen) to skeet better and hunt before I retire.

Edited by Rudolph
  • Like 3