Problems connecting.

zimbaly

Hey folks. I didn't know where to stick this exactly, so I apologize in advance. I didn't see a support forum. I haven't played for a bit so I decided to jump back on today, but I was having some odd issues, that I'm guessing are on my end.

I went to join and I got the disconnect after 10 tries. I had jumped on from my friends list off of mercman. I tried multiple times and he said I needed to update, but I told him it did it the other day. Just to be sure I joined a couple random games and it worked fine.

I then went to the join from community thing in game and for some reason it wasn't listing you guys at all and so I jumped to my steam server list and for some reason it would have your servers show sometimes, and sometimes not and kept doing it.

I don't know if anyone else has had an issue like this in the past or recently. I  don't know if I needed to delete some file or something. I just know this would be a place to ask.

Also Happy Holidays. I fart in your general direction!

Try to verify your game cache. Right click on Left 4 Dead 2 in your Steam Library, Properties, Local Files tab, Verify integrity of game files. 

You can connect directly to the servers from console if you want. 

connect l4d21.gcftw.com 

connect l4d22.gcftw.com