Humbly requesting your kindness

NeptuneCentari

Hey everyone!

As most of y’all know by now I am expecting to give birth to my first child very soon. My due date is Feb 1st, but I have a feeling he’s going to be coming a little sooner than that. We shall see!

I am very, very excited to have my first kid, and I am also extremely terrified, lol. I have been incredibly lucky up to this point to get all of the basic things a baby requires. However, one of the things I truly need is diapers. I am trying to start a stock pile on these. Anyone who has had a kid will tell you that diapers can be one of the most expensive parts to having a baby.

I am humbly asking that if you are in a giving spirit this Christmas that you grant me a present of diapers. It would mean so much and help me out so much. I’m not 100% sure how anyone would be willing to send them, but I can suggest you can send me a pack directly, send me a gift card for a place where I can buy some, or even use my paypal.

I know it’s hard to trust people will do what they say they will with money you send them, but I hope most of y’all know me well enough to know that if I am asking for help with diapers I truly mean to use any help I get for just that. It really would make a big difference and help me out financially. If you’re willing to help out, please let me know on steam (I’ll add you if you aren’t already on my list) and we can discuss which way you want to send your kindness my way.

Thank you all in advance for your consideration and generosity. See you in game!

Lots of love and hugs,

Neptune  

P.S. I am not sure how to add a photo, but I attached a photo of my last ultrasound. Hopefully y'all can see my baby boy, Toby!  :smileyb:

post-6126-0-12189300-1512355543.jpg

• Like 1

Awww! TOBY!! :) 

I want to suggest that you join Amazon Moms. You get free shipping and 20% off diapers so that helped us a lot. Avoid cloth diapers at all costs unless you want to be hand washing poop out of them and adding to your laundry pile. I tried this and it lasted about a week, just didn't work for us. 

Also I recommend Pampers swaddlers. They have a baby dry brand that caused chemical burns on my son and from reviews/complaints online was pretty common. The hospital used swaddlers so that's what we kept using and now we're using their brand of Pull Ups. Oh they also let you collect points for rewards. After a year of collecting I got Sebastian a tricycle. I'm collecting them now for something huge, but might not have enough til the next kid. Huggies has that rewards program too but I found their diapers ran small, and with a BOY they are constantly peeing in all directions and leak through everything. Had the best luck with Pampers. Off brands were pretty damn crappy and weren't worth saving $5 to deal with the mess of it. 

Did they give you an approximate weight for him at your last U/S? Usually first time babies don't come early, but I went into labor around 38 weeks due to my blood pressure. 

I'll see if I can send a pack to you! 

Hey girl, thanks so much! I will check out the amazon moms. I am also looking into a Sam's Club membership to get things cheaper by buying in bulk. I have no desire to wash poopie cloth diapers, no worries there, lol. His last known weight was at 28 weeks and I think he was 2.9 lbs, not sure what he is at the moment. 

They grow so freaking much towards the end. So size 1 should work unless you go very early (hope not though!) 

Amazon Moms doesn't cost anything and would beat Sam's or Costco and be name brand. I don't even think you have to be a Prime member but could be wrong. I think we paid about $30/mo in diapers through it... currently with pullups I'm paying about $45? They cost more and boxes have less quantities as they get bigger. 

Oh, pro tip. When you start having diaper blow outs you need to go up a size. Some poops will require a complete bath, lol.