l4d2 10v10 Infected Damage Increase

707killa

I am just expressing my opinion on the infected damage increase on the l4d2 10v10 servers.  I do not like it because if i wanted to take expert damage I would play expert mode.  Also from what i have observed people spam witches because you no longer need to buy dangerous witches.  I was playing on server #2 when there was mostly new players, & it is nearly impossible for the new players to advance through zombies without getting downed, thus making it impossible to move forward.  I think a good solution would be to put the zombies on advanced damage instead of expert damage.  If you guys really want to keep this feature for hardcore players & members, it would make sense to make it a option to vote in because not everyone wants it.  Making one of the 3 servers a dedicated expert damage server may work as well.  I have been playing on this server for years & this is by far the worst update i have seen, I think this update was a mistake in my opinion & i hope you can provide more options for new players as well as players that do not want to play expert versus.  Thank you for reading, I hope to get a few responses on what we can do about this issue.

I'm not sure where you're coming up with this Expert difficulty stuff because assuming Versus is just Normal Difficulty (which most of it's values should be standard coop normal difficulty), Common Infected do Normal difficulty damage.  Special Infected do Normal difficulty damage.  The only change is that Jockeys and Smokers do +1 point to their damage output.  That's the only damage modification I've ever done and will ever do.  No modifications on the server change anything regarding damage either...not counting the testing Jockey Pounce Damage feature people wanted.

Other changes were made to Special Infected to balance out the hectic nature of 10v10, but damage dealing values were not touched in that regard.

(edited)

I'm not sure where you're coming up with this Expert difficulty stuff because assuming Versus is just Normal Difficulty (which most of it's values should be standard coop normal difficulty), Common Infected do Normal difficulty damage.  Special Infected do Normal difficulty damage.  The only change is that Jockeys and Smokers do +1 point to their damage output.  That's the only damage modification I've ever done and will ever do.  No modifications on the server change anything regarding damage either...not counting the testing Jockey Pounce Damage feature people wanted.

Other changes were made to Special Infected to balance out the hectic nature of 10v10, but damage dealing values were not touched in that regard.

i get the expert damage because the common infected were doing 10 damage per hit, also witches were killing with first hit, without buying dangerous witches. also tanks were incapacitating full health survivors with 1 hit.  I have played enough l4d2 to know the damage values depending on difficulty.  these were my observations from today

edit: must have been a glitch/bug because zombies do normal damage again

Edited by 707killa