Saturday Night customs / mods

looneypumpkin

So I didn't do customs tonight because when I joined the server was empty. It took a while to fill and by the time it did it was much later than normal and I have been quite tired this week. So try to be on time (7pm CST) is usually when I show up and start to organize it, depending on what the current map is and what is going on in the server when I get there. I know people get busy and stuff so no big deal, come in when you can.

The past few weeks people have begged for custom maps but seem to lose moral/interest halfway through and quit. We simply can't really do a custom map with a team of several bots. If you'd rather do VIP/pathing I'm totally ok with that (I actually prefer it.)

So post below what you want to do next week. I am open to either, heck even do VIP custom if you want, but we need a full server for it. We could even do Swamp Fever, Crash Course or Cold Stream some more.

Full disclosure, I am having sinus surgery June 27th so that weekend might be rough for me. I may be sleeping it off. I'm also having another surgery in July (on my stomach) and I don't know, I might be recovering from that one for a while.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How about we do Swamp Fever on Server 2 this Saturday? Another idea would be to give a few people less gravity to change the gameplay. I wouldn't want to give it to everyone in case it crashed the server, but we could roll a die and give it to a few per round. (Survivors) Could add a fun element :)

Yes... that's what I'll be doing. For anyone still bothering to read the update here. There will be a vote this Saturday for Swamp Fever vs. Diescraper vs. next map. We'll give VIP and pathing a break for now unless you really want a tough time. If "next map" wins (hopefully it's a good map) I will roll a 10 sided die. This will determine what THREE survivors get reduced GRAVITY. (This will not make you immune from attacks, but pretty much to falls unless in known death drops, off cliffs, off bridge, etc.) It can lead to weird deaths so be on your toes, should be hilarious.

I really don't want to risk server crashing from too many survivors bouncing around but we could knock it up with one extra person per round and see. Who has low gravity should change each round, if your number comes up again I'll re-roll to be fair until everyone has had a turn. If you don't want it, you can pass.

Should be a fun night.

Gravity was fun. I think we found a good balance where it gave people the ability to jump higher and not wait to fall forever, but the possibilities could have been wilder had we stayed much lower gravity... will play around with it more. 

Next week let's do Swamp Fever because I've been wanting to play that map forever. We won't do gravity on it because it's already tougher for infected. The gravity did make it harder for infected to spawn in but still it was alright I think. Would probably be hilarious on Parish's Bridge, or Sacrifices mountain thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

After a long hiatus from a CUSTOM map, we will be doing Diescraper to start with this Saturday, server 2, around 7pm CST. Who knows what else.

She was typing this under the influence of Whisky. So it might not be true.

• 2 weeks later...

Swamp Fever and/or Cold Stream this weekend. Maybe VIP. Maybe gravity. Who knows? I might be cranky, I'm on a liquid only diet.

for the liquid make it vodka or whiskey

Oh if I could I would! The point is to shrink my liver so they can operate easily laparoscopicly. Yesterday I was smelling tacos everywhere.  :biglaugha:

Swamp Fever and/or Cold Stream this weekend. Maybe VIP. Maybe gravity. Who knows? I might be cranky, I'm on a liquid only diet.

for the liquid make it vodka or whiskey

Oh if I could I would! The point is to shrink my liver so they can operate easily laparoscopicly. Yesterday I was smelling tacos everywhere. :biglaugha:

You say that as if that's a bad thing...

• 2 weeks later...