Seems a little unforgiving...

BlackKitty

Some admins seem to be a little unfair and unforgiving. Vocalized 4 times during an entire level and it consisted of 3 'thank you's from people helping me up and 1 'laughter' from being relieved that i had made it to the saferoom alive with my team. Then I was immediately kicked for 'spamming' with no warning. When I rejoined, a few minutes in, I said 'thank you' to a teammate who had revived me and was immediately banned out of nowhere. Please give some sort of warning. I doubt many people would consider saying thank you a few times throughout an entire level would be considered trolling/spamming. I really want to love this server, but the overbearing 0-tolerence rules are starting to ruin the fun experience of playing a 10 v 10 mostly vanilla server.

Welcome to the forums BlackKitty - you were banned for 1 day for spamming the bot vocals - I warned you many times in previous rounds not to spam.  You were consistent throughout each and every map of every campaign - there are  /hsay  (messages) Please DO NOT SPAM bot vocals  that show on screen, in chat and I verbally warned you not to spam.  If you like this server so much, please listen to admins and don't ignore rules.  I would unban you as you have come to the server, but  sourcebans are down atm as GC is undergoing a major update.

As the ban is only for 1 day I suggest that you peruse the server and read upon what we expect from people who want to play here.  

Hope to see you again soon, and if a Board Member could unban, I'm sure they will.

Edited by MPG1770

2 hours ago, MPG1770 said:

Welcome to the forums BlackKitty - you were banned for 1 day for spamming the bot vocals - I warned you many times in previous rounds not to spam.  You were consistent throughout each and every map of every campaign - there are  /hsay  (messages) Please DO NOT SPAM bot vocals  that show on screen, in chat and I verbally warned you not to spam.  If you like this server so much, please listen to admins and don't ignore rules.  I would unban you as you have come to the server, but  sourcebans are down atm as GC is undergoing a major update.

As the ban is only for 1 day I suggest that you peruse the server and read upon what we expect from people who want to play here.  

Hope to see you again soon, and if a Board Member could unban, I'm sure they will.

I have read the rules thread and they are unclear. In terms of spamming, it says ' Makes life miserable for everyone else on the server." how is saying thank you making life miserable? Is there a better source that more clearly defines what is considered spamming vocals?

Please - I'm taking that as a rhetoric question - let's not debate the minutiae of the details - you were asked to stop spamming multiple time and you didn't, you were warned, then kicked, came back and started doing it again - you were banned - end of.

Any infraction of rules is always met with warns, kicks then ban - I gave you so many chances to stop - enough already - take your ban and we will welcome you back after 24hours - storm and teacup come to mind - going to lock this.

I just wanted to add (for Black Kitty) that I kicked them once for rushing the alarm in Dead Center while people were still struggling on the bottom level from being charged/smoked down. 

Earlier in the same campaign, your team was getting destroyed shortly beyond the saferoom and he/she rushed a bit far ahead claiming to want to get more "progress."

Please be mindful of your team. Rushing and leaving human players behind is not acceptable here under the majority of circumstances. It's only OK to rush if most of the team is down or dead and there's multiple tanks spawned and the team agrees as a whole to run for points. You can leave bots behind, but not human players. You always want to be within shooting range to help the back, or for them to help you in case you get snagged. Infected here generally will focus on anyone who gets too far ahead/behind their team.