Maestro Madness

MPG1770

In order to inject some light relief and hopefully revitalise this game - I've been thinking (as custom maps can't be played) - about an alternative to have more fun.  The problem is deciding how many points each team should get - here's the scenario :

Tank Night:  Infected receive 50pts (to buy tanks)     Survivors get (30pts each)   

Witch Night :  Infected  40 pts;  Survivors  20.     Number 1 Rule :  if you buy a tank - you will be killed - don't do it.  

No Bot Left Behind - we know that bots are stupid sometimes, but if you have to leave them, you will be asked why - bots that are stuck will be teleported to the group - but sometimes in order to do that ASAP  and not delay - the entire team may have to be - however, we can't teleport people inside building as they usually get stuck in ceilings, floors etc so they will be moved outside as close to the team as possible.

These are only ideas and the points are open for debate:  If we try this as a 'pilot' trial, I'm sure you guys can think of ways how to improve on this.

By all means - if you think of a suggestion - let us know. 

And finally if Jackie is reading this - could we get tanks on respawn for 40pts?  That's if people like that idea?

• Thanks 1

I'm all for adding some new elements even if admins have to hand out points or adjust things. In the past I really thought low gravity was fun, but it made it hard for infected to spawn. Perhaps we could flip it and give low gravity to the infected instead and see what happens?

I thought some of the custom maps work like Urban Flight and there's another I forget.. Warcelona I think? But I think the majority are just sick of them and prefer the regular maps. We could do pathing more, though I prefer VIP. Especially now that we got lots of members it shouldn't always be the same VIP.

29 minutes ago, looneypumpkin said:

Oh and maybe if one team is getting completely destroyed

This happens too frequent - we know it's not fair for the regular guys (we know who they are - and we thank them) for always offering to switch to balance - I know some of them want to because they see it as a challenge - but if they do and take over a dead bot - they should be respawned - using the holdit before the game starts, then looking at teams and ask for volunteers is need be to swap; and, we should always balance out the new guys as more often than not one team usually ends up with them all.

Yes, stacked teams is a big complaint. I am ok with respawning a dead bot if they swap over for sure. That's no fun for them otherwise, feels like a punishment.

I'll be on tonight after my son goes to bed. I wish I could get in and play more but since we have no one to help with my son, I run after him all day and do various therapy with him and then I have to work half the night lately. :(

Getting a bit off track here but here goes - some of you may know that I've got my mother with me - she's on high-risk and not been out of the house since 23rd March - and as her carer, I go shopping, pharmacy, walk the dog and basically that's it - we're not allowed visitors until the end of June, it's the main reason I can't play as much - some of you no doubt will be happy to hear that as you don't like my singing. 

Also, those people who do swap at the beginning of round after scramble happens should be awarded with an incentive - maybe 3pts to buy laser?

I think these are good ideas Maestro. I too have been thinking about different things that could be added to the l4d2 servers to spice it up a bit. And to add onto your “40pts for tank on respawn” I think that’s a fun idea but 40pts is too easy to achieve. I think 60 would be a better option. Having the points that low would be too easy for players to abuse. 

3 minutes ago, looneypumpkin said:

Chatted with a few folks in discord, we want to try witches tonight and infected gravity. So I'll be around in 3-4hrs

OK - I would suggest not having both those options on together first - Maestro Madness Witch Night at around midnight GMT - that's in approximately 2hrs and 16mins from now

New mode we had fun with tonight... VIP but VIP gets 2x speed. Everyone enjoyed it.

Also for gravity I set ppl to 0.25. and 1 is normal. But made it pretty hard for infected if survivors had it too.

Drugs are bad. Everyone got a headache. We only did that one round lol.

Witchfest was easily the most fun game mode of the night! It's fun for both teams, and we should definitely have that mode more often on the servers.

I guess the mode where the Infected were set on low gravity was 2nd place for me :P

Edited by Carlos

Thanks guys - glad you enjoyed yourself

6 hours ago, Carlos said:

Witchfest was easily the most fun game mode of the night! It's fun for both teams, and we should definitely have that mode more often on the servers.

No doubt that this one was a bit of a success and as we do it again any of those minor problems that appeared should be resolved.

3 hours ago, JodaHero said:

I like the ideas Mae!!!! You sure know how to spice the game up bruh! How about HUNT NIGHT, everyone is hunter o.o

10 same classes of infected - that would probably need some tweaking with the plugin - we'll have to wait for a response from Jackie or Crasx about that one.

As for me - that random swap was the main problem - so here's my solution :  1  we could pause the game and mess around for 10mins putting everyone back on their team.  2  If random swap happens - just deal with it, but if you're so  desperate to get back, I do my best to get you back.

The other slight minor irk - people go afk - if you lose your spot when others join - just be patient - it can take a couple of mins - maybe Jackie could increase the 3min auto-kick to 5mins - I'll ask him.  If you crash and rejoin and are on wrong team    DO   ADMINS   A  FAVOUR  -  LET   US   KNOW   and if there are open slots just change yourself - that way you won't confuse us if you're stacking or not.

If you still can't get in after that - just ask me - and I'll be willing to give up my spot - but you better not complain that you're on the wrong team though lol.

As an experiment for tonight - I was thinking we could try Tank Night  for 1 round see how that goes - but we would need to play it on a campaign that has no early possible tanks at start - I suggest Carnival for this.

Witch Fest seems to be a bit of a success - would you guys like it to be a permanent feature for Custom Night?

Tank Fest - not so successful - unlimited tanks would maybe worth a try?

What are your thoughts?

16 hours ago, MPG1770 said:

10 same classes of infected - that would probably need some tweaking with the plugin - we'll have to wait for a response from Jackie or Crasx about that one.

sm_cvar z_versus_boomer_limit #;sm_cvar z_versus_charger_limit #;sm_cvar z_versus_hunter_limit #;sm_cvar z_versus_jockey_limit #;sm_cvar z_versus_smoker_limit #;sm_cvar z_versus_spitter_limit #

Change the # to what number you want.  Just copy/paste the entire line and it'll work.  Leave everything on a single line with the semicolons in tact.  Values will reset every map.

• Thanks 1