Fr4gF3sT Location *The Conrad Farm*

Fatty

We've been approved at the Conrad Farm for our 48 hour festival. I went down this evening to see the place.

There is NO air conditioning, as it is a real barn. However, being out in a field with a very high ceiling, it cools down quickly. If worse came to worse, we can rent a generator and run air. Keep in mind that most of our time here will be during the evening / night.

Two shots of the inside of the barn. You see rented tables and chairs for a wedding this weekend.

conradDSC04134.jpg

conradDSC04135.jpg

Mr. Winklemann said we are free to pull the panel off of this box inside the barn and do whatever we need to do. There are 100 amps here.

conradDSC04136.jpg

The barn from the west.

conradDSC04137.jpg

Nice deck!

conradDSC04138.jpg

The deck has a tarp that can cover it. Mr. W mentioned that he will be putting it up for a wedding. Not sure if it's permanent or not.

conradDSC04139.jpg

A shot back toward where I drove in from. The path to the left goes to the parking area.

conradDSC04140.jpg

A shot back toward the barn as I walk toward the other electrical box.

conradDSC04141.jpg

Here's the electricity on the poll up front. Another question for you electricians: Can we make use of a 220 line? Don't even know how that equates to anything.

conradDSC04142.jpg

Back toward the barn from the poll...I estimated 117 yards to the deck. Here's where you electrical guys come in....knowing the gauge of wire necessary to bring this juice to the barn.

conradDSC04143.jpg

Parking area.

conradDSC04146.jpg

A shot of the front of the barn.

conradDSC04147.jpg

Time to go back home.

conradDSC04148.jpg

On my way down, Amy's cat popped up from the backseat. He had no choice but to make the trip with me.

conradDSC04149.jpg

Care must be taken on the driveway! You have to cross a bike/hike trail and some railroad tracks!

conradDSC04150.jpg

The owners, the Winklemanns, are very nice people and are a pleasure to work with. I have given them this site to see how organized and responsible :rolleyes::angry:;) we are. Maybe Mrs. Winklemann will even register and post. Who knows?

Anyways, here's your location. It's a relief to finally have something nailed down. Now let's make it work!

Man! That is one cool site! I love rustic settings like that.

So we are going to focus on gaming during the night time? Kind of makes sense. I seen a lot of places where light was coming in... but would probably be ok if all closed up.

Im still hoping this will work for me. Will let you know.

(edited)

Looks good and you said this is even closer to kemps place are there any farmers daughters that come with this deal.

I like this place so much more than at a hotel thing.

Edited by Kurtz

(edited)

This will be "When little house on the prairie meets geeks from the future".

Is there a black smith there to make extra pc parts for us?? Maybe he can make my ATI Radeon a +1..

The place looks awsome, like i said befor no worries about the heat. I dont sweat anyway, i glow...

Edited by Batman

Here's the electricity on the poll up front. Another question for you electricians: Can we make use of a 220 line? Don't even know how that equates to anything.

That 220 line would be nice for an AC unit but I'm not sure if you can get an extension cord for it...I'd bet you can, maybe they rent them with the AC units.

(edited)

Dont think we'll need AC.The gaming and things that will be done there will be at night and it looks out by it self in the country so it should be cool with the doors open and the night air going through

Edited by Kurtz

Great! Sounds like a good time and I'm looking forward to getting some more useage out of the tent rather than paying for a hotel.

Ran that image through some hacks and here's a screenshot of where we can place the reserved slot:

bob_nest.jpg

Looks like a great place, I imagine it's a bit cheaper that other places

you have looked as well ..eh fatty?

If we do stay there, and any of you start to square dance....I'm on the

next plane home! :P

:ph34r:

If we do stay there, and any of you start to  square dance....I'm on the

next plane home!  :P

haha me too, especially since its gonna be all dudes there

(edited)
If we do stay there, and any of you start to  square dance....I'm on the

next plane home!  :P

haha me too, especially since its gonna be all dudes there

rofl

...to keep with the original topic as well....this looks like a fun place.

Edited by Th3Fall3N W1lc0

GC Founder
Looks like a great place, I imagine it's a bit cheaper that other places

you have looked as well ..eh fatty? 

Nope, these people have weddings here every weekend just like your normal ball rooms. In fact, it is more expensive than the little room at the Sheritan.

GC Founder

I don't drink coffee so you'll probably see me with a dew in the morning.

Oh, and the holes aren't that big....I wouldn't predict any issues....but packing an extra sheet or comp. cover to toss over your machine would never hurt. Those big holes in the front are doors that can be closed....