Imagine...

Xterminator

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

• If you ever accidentally drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.
  • If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy.
  • If you're robbing a bank and your pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh, and let your hostages laugh too, because come on - life is funny.
  • I think a good gift for the President would be a chocolate revolver. and since he is so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him real quick and give it to him.
  • If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
  • A funny thing to do is, if you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by a poisonous snake, tell him you're going to go for help, then go about ten feet and pretend that *you* got bit by a snake. Then start an argument with him about who's going to go get help. A lot of guys will start crying. That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was just a joke.
  • Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling.
  • Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
  • The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

• If you ever accidentally drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.
  • If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy.
  • If you're robbing a bank and your pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh, and let your hostages laugh too, because come on - life is funny.
  • I think a good gift for the President would be a chocolate revolver. and since he is so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him real quick and give it to him.
  • If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
  • A funny thing to do is, if you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by a poisonous snake, tell him you're going to go for help, then go about ten feet and pretend that *you* got bit by a snake. Then start an argument with him about who's going to go get help. A lot of guys will start crying. That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was just a joke.
  • Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it was a lucky guess. That way he develops a good, lucky feeling.
  • Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
  • The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

*starts wisers clap*

• 1 month later...

The majority of people confuse "so that I can live" with "what I can afford on a month to month basis".. That isn't working to live, that is working to consume. Save your money. Live cheap, your life will be much richer.

Edited by NOFX

A lot of people live outside thieir means and it's sad to see them living from paycheck to paycheck. I had and ex g/f who had that problem (probably still does) and I'm happy I ended the relationship. I didn't want to absorb her debt by getting too serious. That's just not an option for me.

I know what you mean. I refuse to play that game too. I still trade my time for dollars, but I keep my dollars so I can buy my time back. The lifestyle of consumerism is a faux lifestyle that sold to people. It's not healthy and trying to live like that will only lead to depression due to an unfulfilled life. Do we really need to wonder why there is a 50% divorce rate and everyone is prescribed pharmaceutical drugs?

Edited by NOFX

If there's one thing I've learned over the years regarding pharmaceuticals, it's to stay away. I'm going to go the naturopath way. My father is a great example of this. He had some ailments a few years ago and Doctors couldn't do anything but prescribe drugs which did who knows what to him and did not help him at all. When he was finally fed up, he went to a naturopath doctor and saw immediate improvements and is healthy as healthy can be for a 73 year old.

Nice conversation, guys.

Really sensitive topics are spoken here. Money was a great idea a long time ago, but then smart and tricky folks came up with idea of loans with interest. Which is not a bad thing, however thanks to human nature, humanity messed it up so much that we have this monetary/virtual credit situation. In fact it made out life worse. No question someone made a fortune on it.

My humble thought in regards of how we can live without money: no way we can do this, but sure we can improve this system by not taking any credits and loans. I consider myself as a very poor guy. One day I found that I owe to a bank over 3k. From which I really spent 2k.

Pharmaceutical system is almost the same as bad as banking system. Drugs that don't heal, but only give a temporary relief and turn people into drug addicts. I totally agree with Xterminator. Some diseases can be cured with herbal (organic medicine).

Nice conversation, guys.

Really sensitive topics are spoken here. Money was a great idea a long time ago, but then smart and tricky folks came up with idea of loans with interest. Which is not a bad thing, however thanks to human nature, humanity messed it up so much that we have this monetary/virtual credit situation. In fact it made out life worse. No question someone made a fortune on it.

My humble thought in regards of how we can live without money: no way we can do this, but sure we can improve this system by not taking any credits and loans. I consider myself as a very poor guy. One day I found that I owe to a bank over 3k. From which I really spent 2k.

Pharmaceutical system is almost the same as bad as banking system. Drugs that don't heal, but only give a temporary relief and turn people into drug addicts. I totally agree with Xterminator. Some diseases can be cured with herbal (organic medicine).

Well said walkingCat. If more people used their brains before spending money, the world would be a lot different. I recently read an article about a couple in the states that was fed up with making ends meat trying to save up for a home. They decided to go the extreme route and camp out for 8 months in order to save enough money for a down payment on a house. I forgot where this all took place but in that short amount of time they managed to put away just over 10k. They only spent money when they absolutely had to but besides that, they saved ever penny. If more people had the save mentality than the spend mentality, they wouldn't be as stressed as they are because of money.

I lived paycheck to paycheck my first three years out of college. It was crazy. I made more money than I ever had my entire life, but I was always broke. I got caught up in the city type way of life and sort of felt like I was supposed to do whatever everyone else was doing. It took a lot of work and sacrifice to dig myself out. 16k of debt and I had a mortgage for 172k. I quit buying crap, sold about 80% of the junk in the townhouse. All my paychecks went into materials to renovate the townhouse, so I could free myself from that burden. I ended up spending 10k in materials and I learned how to install everything from floors to sink/counters, windows, you name it. I finally sold the place for 172k. Great, back to square one. Broke and nothing to my name.

I've been living cheap and savings about 33% of every paycheck since. I also don't mindlessly give my money away and consume stuff I don't need. I keep a few things in storage, but for the most part, everything that is important to me can fit in the back of my truck. My life is so much easier and I have everything I want. When you don't have to worry about getting laid off because of the situation you have put yourself in, you have the upper hand and you have many more options. Such as leaving your job to find another or to find more enjoyment in life than just a 9-5. In fact, I'm finally taking off in March on an adventure that I have been planning for years.