Battle Field?

Qester

Hey well summer is soon approaching and im looking to broaden my games from SC and CS to a third i was thinking BF...just wanted your opinion on if its a good game, is it hard to learn? and are tehre any expansions that i need to get?

Desert Combat, a mod for BF1942 still in its alpha stage, is AAWESOME!!!!!!! ALthough I've bought BF1942, I never play it... kinda like Half-life... I don't play the original game just CS

DC has M4A1 Abrahm's Main Battle Tanks vs the Soviet made T-72, Bradley fighting vehicles, Humvee's, AH-64 Apache gunships, Blackhawks, Mig29's, Hind Helos, F-16's and the Harrier jump jet. I have my own complaints about the FPS gameplay(when on foot) with this engine... its definetely not CS, it just feels weird, but the vehicles man... the vehicles are what its about. But as awesome as all the vehicles are. a crafty Engineer with his Mortar and an Anti-Tank Infantry Soldier with his Stinger missles are deadly to any piece of armor or aircraft coming by.

But BF/DC is VERY taxing on your machine and will use all of its resources. Online play is rough as well.... it max's out your connection. but it is an AWESOME game.

my 2 cents add 38.97 to that and you got what I paid for it.

Edited by LongHair

BF1942 was fun and brought online gaming a new style of online play, and still worth it if you haven't played it. I agree with all Longhair said. Get BF1942 and play it for a couple of weeks, then download Desert Combat. It takes BF1942 to an even better place, kind of like CS is to HL.

DoD is fun too and free. I played it for a good while last year, it's addicting too.