Servers

Perrocal39

Let's be honest guys, these servers are not being maintained. And it looks like it has been that way for a while. I hope I am wrong cause I enjoy playing here, but I think that the servers will eventually die off because of the lag that keeps getting worse and worse.

• Like 3

Send thoughts and prayers - or if that doesn't do the trick, a few people have suggested that they would 'chip in' to help the BMs find someone independently to help out, but god knows how much that will cost?

IDK, but maybe, just maybe there is something here that can help?  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276173458

Edited by MPG1770

• 1 month later...

First time posting on here, but long time player (https://steamcommunity.com/id/1337chill) - joined again for the first time in a while and wow the lag is ridiculously bad.

I've done performance optimization work professionally for my job, so I can give it a look if staff are ok with that. Feel free to message on Steam to discuss (I don't check here very often)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, and welcome back.  Thanks for your offer, but I can't say anything about that - I'm only an Admin not BM lol - and apart from anything else, my coding is basic goto10 lol.  The problems I gather is that the coding (LINUX) is having a problem with updates & plugins, and server ISP is having connecting issues with their server providers.  I'm sure someone will be in touch if they need extra support.

The problems are being looked into and hopefully they will be resolved sometime soon.  Until then, we just got to put up with lag issues.

• 4 weeks later...

FROM ARCHER

do you by chance know why crasx/flitterkill insist on having the L4D2 database on another server than the one which runs the game? Thats the lag issue btw. DB shuold be on the same server. But its not. Nothing i can do to fix it.

FROM ARCHER

• Like 1

• 1 month later...