Hi

rackish

Rackish, to stop those annoying Windows' pop-ups (messages) right clikc on ur My Computer Icon, then select manage, then go to Services and Applications, then double click on Services on a right side, then scroll down to messagner, right clikc on it and select in a scroll down window that says "start up " disabled, u shall never get pop-up again when u are not surfing on line.

dont run cs through your icon command or cd, run it from a run command and choose the dir, that way when u alt tab out, press escape and resume- u have ur sound back

I do, do that, I'm just saying, pressing esc. and going back I'm dead ...

and bigshaw I'll do that, thanks.

All depends on what he means by "pop ups". If he means the "net send" messages, then Disabling the Messenger Service (not to be comfused with MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger) will stop them. If he means Internet pop up adds then he needs to download, install, and run Ad-Aware and SpybotS&D to get rid of any spyware/adware and get a good pop up stopper. I use the beta version of Google's Toolbar as well as the pop up stopper in Zone Alarm Pro v4.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage

Well Uninstalling IE would not be a good idea if that is your question. It is integrated into windows. A lot of 3rd party programs use it behind the scenes for whatever reason.

To help kill different types of pop-ups, go to the Hardware section and the topic is pinned about SPYWARE. Go there and all your needs will be fixed.