This brought a tear to my eye.

Guest Mossad

Here's a picture I found on my hard drive. I don't know where I got it, but I found it so I'm posting it

wtc.jpg

I remember the days after it all happened. I used to walk past this Armoury, where the authorities told was the place to file a missing person report. In the days after, people swarmed the place to file their reports. As the days when by, people started posting pictures of their missing loved ones on the walls of the Armoury. It continued until all of the walls on all sides was covered with pictures of people. It's eerie in a way, but as I walked by, I started to recognize and remember the faces and even the faces of those who slept on the steps of the armoury for days waiting for a report. It was a strange time. Everything changed about the city and the world that day.

NYers have a reputation for being independent, rude and unfriendly. We don't say hello or thank you, or even recognize your existence except to yell at you when you get in our way or slow down traffic. Things changed in all of us that day. I see people waving and talking to each other since then. We talk to our firemen, our police officers and even to each other. We have united in a way that I never thought would happen, not only in NY but around the country. We let go of our differences for a change and had a common respect for each other. I have found wisdom from this experience and I have found heroes. The wisdom to recognize that although we may all be different and have our conflicting viewpoints, we all are bound by the same feelings of respect, love and humanity. And the heroes in our neighbors, policemen, firemen and our troops that fight relentlessly for our protection and well being. Some say its easy to forget the good and only remember the bad. But no, I won't forget neither the good nor bad from this and I hope you don't either.

Here's a picture I took while flying around in my friends plane. It's remarkable how much was done by the ground zero crew in just a couple of months.

wtc2.jpg

Edited by DJ Premier

• 2 weeks later...