Miss you guys and the good old days

Fenix

Been a long time since I've been on here.  Lots of life changes going on, and I'm sure for everyone.  11 years ago I found this server and I have some of the best gaming memories here.

Plus some good times on the minecraft server.  Damn, time flies.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

I'm still around, just not playing many PC games lately.  A few updates about myself:

-I'm currently training to get my private pilot license.  I may take it further and get my commercial license but that will take a lot of time.

-I quit my job a few months ago (after 8 years with the company) for a couple reasons.  I had applied for 8 other positions within the company and even though I was interviewed for them all, I receieved no offers.  I was considered the subject matter expert in my field so my assumption is that my manager did not want to lose me to another department.  In fact during one of my interviews I was told that I have a bad reputation at corporate because I hindered a lot of processes (I was a QC parts inspector and the folks at corporate try and buy shoddy/old parts that I quarantine due to many issues). So eventually I put in my two weeks and they weren't happy.  The other reason is that both my parents passed away within months of each other and I needed time to rethink my life and career choices.  I had to spend a lot of time getting their estate in order and selling their property.

-Now that I sold the property I have been investing in the market and planning on starting my own business.  I'm leaning towards opening a flight school.  My time spent at the school I go to has opened my eyes to the fact that flight schools are overbooked and there are just not enough instructors or planes available to support everyone who wants to learn.  Personally I have only been able to fly a couple times a week which is not what I wanted.  I wanted to fly daily but it's just not possible.

-My wife almost divorced me in 2021/22...but we resolved (most of) our issues and are still married.

-Spending a lot of money on house projects.  As I'm typing we are having an 8x12 storage shed being built in the side yard.

Anyways, hopefully one day I come back and play but when that happens, I'll be rusty as ever!

Welcome back, OP!

Hopefully, we see your presence in the GC server sooner rather than later! 😎👍

Speaking of good old days, is there a way that we can re-add the daily GC stats back on this website or something?

We used to have that stats feature a decade ago, but it eventually disappeared years ago.

It’s unfortunate too because it is 2024, and I feel like there was more detail on here a decade ago.

It was cool seeing all of our strengths & weaknesses (like a weakness of mine is getting a 10+ second Joyride as a Jockey nowadays).

I’d like to see neat stats like headshot ratio, number of teammates revived (percentage per round), & number of Tanks killed as Survivors, AND number of high pounces landed, number of successful rock hits as a Tank (listing the top snipers too), and number of scattering rams as a Charger as Infected.

We got more technical experts on here nowadays, so I think this is realistic. 

It’d be one of the many ways that we can bring back more forum activity/traffic on this site again, such as the OP here finally making his long-awaited return!