Organized Tourneys

Fatty

Ok, I would expect that we'll have an organized, random draw, CS tourney....I expect that everyone there will be a CS player of some sort.

Besides just starting random games, are there any other tournaments that we should consider running? (besides halflife deathmatch on justwar2? :ph34r: )

So, atm, we have:

CS 5-man random draw

What about all you guys who have console games? What's that one tetris like game on N64 where you gotta get the sets of matched balls together so they disappear, etc...you shoot em out of a "gun" and you can see the color of the next ball being loaded? Mini introduced me to this game....would be hilarious for a tourney in this.

I was thinking about this at work last night, and was going to start the topic, ya beat me to it, Fatty.

I think we should have designated staff members in charge of setting up the tourneys. Two, maybe three community members working together can set up tournaments for different games, lay out all the rules, winning details, team numbers, etc. and then open a thread for sign-up. With the possible exception of the "random draw CS tourney" I think all teams should be organized before the event, making everything much smoother once we are all there. The staff in charge of tournaments would also lay out a timeline for when these tourneys will take place.

I'll be the first volunteer for the tournament staff.

Lets also hear some more feedback on what games you all want played. I would like an America's Army tournament, since that game particularly lends itself to small group, LAN party type play.

This one isn't a tournament, but I would like to have a full-scale battle in DC. Get as many players as possible (64?) tearing it up for a couple hours.

Edit*******

Oh, and I will have CoD by then, I plan on being a part of that tournament.

Alright, I could easily organize some console tournies, no problem. We'd just need the equipment like large-screen televisions and all that. A xbox-based Halo tourny or something is nothing to organize, i've already held one in our dorm a couple semesters ago.

If anyone would be interested, I can supply an xbox and probably 4 controllers, or a ps2 and 2 controllers, or gamecube and 2 controllers. I'd just need to be aware of the interest from those that plan on going.

I would definitely like to see progressive blinds in the hold em tourney. It forces people to play sooner than they might like, rather than just waiting around and dropping out of every hand until they finally have a hand. It forces you to play against the people rather than just the cards.

GC Founder

We'll need someone to keep a database of what people can play.

The reason I don't say CoD or DC by default is because I don't know the percentages of people that will have those games. I'm sure a great game could be played, but a tourney requiring multiple teams might be stretching it.

At any rate, as people walk in, they should stop by someone that has a chart open that can be filled in showing what that person is interested in.....or sign ups on whiteboards....