FF04 Game Selection

Crowbar

Actually Playaa, those shortcuts (the jumping over the wall or jumping off the track to the lower track) might not be "accidental" shortcuts. I know in Mario64, there are a couple of similar shortcuts in the Penguin race and the Princess slide (the one through the stained glass picture of the Princess) that were intentional. I know the Princess one was intentional because if you beat the race in under 11 seconds you get another star and the only way to do that is to use the shortcut of jumping off the ramp and landing on it near the end.

Games I play that would be fun to play at FF04:

Americas Army

CoD

CS

DC

EoD

Savage

I forget who I was talking to lastnight over TS, but it was brought up that it took all night to complete that CS tourny last year... throw in teh apathy(loss of motivation) that comes with drinking, and it could be chaotic organizing all this "on the fly"

Perhaps we should select teams before everyone makes the trip down just to get it outta the way. Crow if you need any help let me know.

Playaa, you still got that 'randomizer'?

yeah, I agree LongHair, at FF02 the CS tourney just got WAY too long. By halfway through not many people really cared anymore. And yes, I do want help organizing these tournaments.

This is how I think they should go:

Short games

Teams organized before people arrive OR set up as people arrive (maybe just set how many are on each team and fill them up as people get there)

Only a CS tournament and a [one other game] tournament

The rest of the games being played can just be free-for-all, or more loosely organized.

I think most people want fun over competition. I don't want to feel like I HAVE to go play now, or that I better be at CAL scrimming level or I might let my team down. With that said, I don't think there should be a big prize for the tournaments. I think Puppy has most of the stuff from sponsors set to be given away as door prizes. I think taking the focus off winning a great prize for the CS tourney and just playing will make it a lot more fun. But, you know, correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, and we do need to fit a game of Savage in there somewhere, since that's part of the agreement Puppy made with S2 games. We play it at the LAN, they donate 10 cd keys. Maybe a 10v10 and the winning team gets the CD keys?