Games to be played at FF04! *READ*

Gunman

Alright everyone I need to get a feel for what games, and for how long you would like to play each game so I can try to organize a tourney schedule. The entire weekend will NOT be tourneys, just a portion of it will be. Prizes will be given away through raffles and through these tourneys.

Here is what I need from you all :

I need a list from anyone who reads this of the top 8 games you would like to play at FF04. Please rank them IN ORDER of the ones you want to play most. Like this :

1.) Counter-Strike

2.) Call of Duty

3.) Americas Army

4.) Warcraft III : Frozen Throne

5.) Savage

6.) Desert Combat

7.) Unreal Tourney 2003 - Bombing Run (kinda like football with guns)

8.) Command and Conquer Generals - Zero Hour

Total votes :

Counter-Strike - 2

Call of Duty - 2

Americas Army - 2

Warcraft III - 1

Savage - 1

Desert Combat - 2

Unreal Tourney - 2

C&C Zero Hour - 2

Half-Life 2 (if its out) - 1

Halo - 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all play CS and CoD every day at home. I propose we try some new games while we're all at the LAN. Enemy Territory and America's Army are free. We can have copies to distribute there at the LAN. They're both great fun, easy to learn (ET is your basic fps, AA:O has some quirks) and as I said before, free.

1) America's Army

2) Enemy Territory

3) Counterstrike

4) Savage -------- We HAVE to play Savage, it's a stipulation of S2 Games sponsoring us

5) UT 2003 DEMO - demo is free, can be distributed at the LAN, and may generate some interest in an awsome game.

6) A non-fps game. Warcraft III, Total Annihilation, Neverwinter Nights, Midevil: Total War, Need for Speed, etc. something non-fps.

Bottom line, I don't want to come 10+ hours to play something I already play with you guys all the time anyway. Lets try some new games!

6. Just straight HL Deathmatch.....what?

Say hello to my little friend......justwar2

Justwar2: The Official FragFast Timekiller.

ff03justwar.gif

Oh, and, after DM on .5life, which is a given event:

1) Savage

2) CoD (large game but organized)

3) Good ole CS...

Fatty: Niiiiiiice. Whenever we do mini-LAN parties back home, playing the map Crossfire for a couple of hours is a staple. It's usually done at about 4-5 AM when everyone has so much caffeine running through them that everything becomes hilarious.

OK , are we talking about organized games for the dedicated servers, games for tourneys, or just games that are wanting to be played, cause like I said in the other thread, I would like to play some Vampire Slayer and Natural selection.

looks perty cool Kurtz

the ONE AND ONLY reason that I want to play CoD is to have an ORGANIZED match with lots of people that WON'T turn into everyone shooting sniper rifles...as it stands 90% of CoD maps turn into that and the game is already not fun for me....I want TACTICS TACTICS TACTICS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

As I get closer to nailing down a schedule the ONLY ORGANIZED tournies will be a Counter Strike and CoD tourney.

Just to keep you up to speed. We don't have enough time to play alot of tournies with this many people so I will post the schedule for the tournies soon.

Gunny

The full game of Ut2004 should be out by then, however, not everyone will have it. We'll see as the time gets closer who buys the full game, but I think having the demo availible on discs, ready to install and run a big game would be the best.

AS I'VE SAID ALREADY...

Lets concentrate on experimenting with new games this year. Games like Enemy Territory, America's Army and all the multiplayer demos are FREE and can easily be burned onto discs and distributed to those that want to try something different.

I think you guys need to give Enemy Territory in particular a try. It's very easy to pick up, just your typical first person shooter. It's objective driven, which you all like, and has potential for in-depth strategies using the different classes and weapon types. Or, if you just want to run around and char-broil the enemy with a flame-thrower, you can do that too. :P:lol:

I concur on the free games...especially ET and AAO...but I don't think there will be enough interest for there to be tourneys...that doesn't mean you can't bring a couple discs and yell "WE'RE PLAYING THIS NOW!!"

• 2 weeks later...