Servers?

bullet-401

m0m is going to be running the servers. However, I see no reason why multiple boxes can't be used...in fact, it might be best just to have a box / game. Overkill, yes, but then having a CS box, CoD box, etc might be best.

Don't know. Doesn't mean we need a monitor for each. I'm not sure on this and will let m0m take care of it how he sees fit.

AMD are generally bad for serving (proven by box#1 in wisconsin), but if u can haul it ill make a server out of it that people can play on.

i knew thx was bringin one.

I have:

1 dual xeon 450 (cstrike) 512mb/ram

1 dual p3 1ghz (cod/bf) 2gb/ram

1 p4-2.8c 800HT 1gb/ram

perhaps ill also build another server box for this event

zad has 1 spare machine 2.53ghz/1gb ram

64man interstate82 ( http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=95400 ) would be some nutty fun

this mod is up on 69.61.56.26:14567 if ya want a good laff while lookin good in a delorian shooting kurtz as he swirves off the ramp into the river.

so I at least see:

well...the 2.8 in wisconsin has held 50 people before the CoD game engine severly lagged.

cs was unaffected and processors werent maxed

2x12 man cstrike

64man BF/DC/Interstate82/HomeFront/EoD - 40man CoD (prolly on same machine if we all dont have some games)

couple of 20man CoD servers and more cstrike servers (pub/larger match)

im sure well have a spare hltv/projection computer like last year (someone thats watching hltv and not using their computer)

if you want a game mention it here and we can decide, but i assume were talking hl mods, bf1942 mods, and cod mods.

and i use kvm switches so if were talking under 8 physical boxes, were ok.

thats a lot of server mom lol ... i guess you wont be needing any more then that. :m0m:

i disagree...theres 200amps in the new joint from what im told. so the more servers the more dedicated choices we have (and fatty can schedule).

also, i can bring extra harddrives if you dont want the hdd in there touched...

multiple servers sounds like a good idea. just being able to set up and tinker with one without even bothering the box that's being used seems the best.

As for power, this garage has it's own 200 amp service. It's not shared with the house at all. So, assuming the AC isn't a total power hog (and at night it prolly won't need to be run at all, the garage is shaded most of the day) we won't have the power issues we did last year and should be able to host as many servers as needed.