Things Needed

Lunk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bocci

bocci is language referenced on Tatooine by Uncle Owen Lars in Episode 4: A New Hope... its like a second language to C-3P0, human cyborg relations.

oh and I believe its a game where teams take turns throwing multi-colored balls(roughly the size of a softball, but as dense as a shotput or croquet ball) at a smaller ball (about the size of a golf ball) so... yeah, close counts in bocci, horseshoes, and hand-grenades.

2 definitions for one word...

one more similar query... whats the difference between "Disc" and "Disk"

I have my thoughts but a ask you to ponder this and bring your answer to FF.

Back to the Topic:

I'm pretty sure I'm brining my acoustic, and I think Watch and Mustard are brining theirs as well... I should have room for my bongos if anyone wants to beat on those. ANyone else got an instrument they can bring to jam on around the camp fire... we can all take turns soloing over Kumbaya

As for the Disc/Disk issue, I think in reality it is just semantics but what I have noticed most often is that "Disc" seems to be reserved for media, i.e. CD-R discs, DVD disc, etc, while "Disk" I have seen most often used when talking about drives, i.e Hard Disk Drive, Optical Disk Drive, etc.

Just my take on things.

I can bring my Acoustic as well.

Edited by dwEEziL

hehe, yeah those were kinda my feelings on it too... the disc vs disk. My overgeneralization = If it has corners, spell it with a K.

cool, thats four acoustic guitars... one more and we can try and play some Tesla songs :) (reference to the Five man Acoustical Jam Live Album... some of the youngsters may not be aware of its existance)

I can play about 13 White Stripes songs, and the opening solo to Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here". That's about it.

Jaksiel, if you bring your electric, bring an extra amp if you can. I'm borrowing my girlfriend's sister's 1962 Fender Duo-sonic, but I have no amp.

A couple things Sheep.

1. I only have one amp, and I'm not sure it even works right now.

2. I don't really know how to play my guitar, so unless I learn between the end of the school year and FragFest I probably won't bring it anyway.